Can't get that here!

Being originally from New Orleans (and I go back a lot) there is nowhere in Texas or anywhere else that can match an original New Orleans French bread roast beef po boy. Domelise's, Parkway, Bear's I would kill for one of those here in Texas. My wife and daughter know quite well if we go home the first meal is one of the above. And follow that up with a chocolate Doberge cake from Gambino's like we used to get when I was kid. I normally never eat dessert I have no sweeth tooth but if you put one of those cakes in front of me lord help the person who gets in my way of it.

I really miss the food we ate when we traveled around Senegal, especially the seabream, yassa style, it was simply awesome.

The fishes and seafood were as fresh as can be, but the best was the experience, sharing one big bowl of food with the whole group, often a family that just wanted to share with the few tourists that come along and chat, laugh, sing and dace... simply amazing.

eating on the sand floor outside with your right hand (left one is reserved to wipe) is a bit challenging at first but it was so good and so peacefull, you can't get that here, I really miss that

Austin's Own bbq sauce. I used to be able to get it at one of the WalMarts here, and sometimes when visiting my parents in Atlanta as a store near them had it. Now no store in Tallahassee carries it. I still check every store I go into anywhere I go to see if they have it, but haven't been able to find it in years. My wife was going to order me some for this past Christmas, but she said they wanted some ridiculous amount to ship it.

That's an easy one for me. There is a restaurant in Manhattan (KS) called Coco Bolo's that's awesome. Great atmosphere, great drink special and their food is awesome! I love their enchilada's and salsa sampler, and that's usually what I get when I go there. Luckily, I only live just a tick over 2 hours from there, so if it gets really bad, I can buzz up there with my wife and kids.

In 'N Out. Have to get my fix whenever I visit the west coast. Hopefully one day they will move east

I've yet to find any where in the US that does a decent curry. And I'd kill for a doner kebab!!!!

When my wife and I were in Edinburgh on our honeymoon we went for curry and it tasted like home, NJ. Parsippany has a ton of curry places due to the large South Asian population.

Finding good mexican food like you can easily in CA is something I miss being up here in WA state. It shouldn't be that difficult, but is.

It's something I miss here in Boston as well.

In 'N Out. Have to get my fix whenever I visit the west coast. Hopefully one day they will move east

This. Definitely this. I miss it so much. Nothing like a 3 by 3 animal style with animal style fries and a neopolitan shake.

Also, I love pho, but I can't get my wife to come with me to the pho joint here in town. She's not really the foodie I am, which is a bit of a bummer.
Love pho, but like you the wife isn't a fan. We have a place in town and it's decent, just don't hit it very often.

One of the main places I miss is White Castle. Totally not good for you, but was just thinking about it today and I really do miss those sliders. The second place is Duff's Wings in Buffalo, NY. Best buffalo wings on the planet.

Love pho, but like you the wife isn't a fan. We have a place in town and it's decent, just don't hit it very often.

It dumbfounds me that people don't like/won't eat pho... it is the perfect meal. Probably 1 of 5 meals that I could not see myself getting tired of. I have friends who won't eat it because the meat "cooks" in the broth. They're missing out.

It dumbfounds me that people don't like/won't eat pho... it is the perfect meal.
I agree. It may be partly my fault because the first time I ate it, I included the tendon and tripe in my bowl. It grossed her out. I told her it didn't have to have tendon or tripe in it to be good, but I think that ruined it for her ... first impressions and whatnot. :(

My wife is an occupational therapist. She treated a older fella that was retired and fished everyday in ND & SD. He got his hand caught in an ice auger. He made a deal with my wife that if she could get his hand fixed we'd always have as much fresh walleye as we could eat. His hand got better and he kept his promise. He even took my wife and I fishing one day. We caught quite a few and had a great time. I've only had fresh walleye once since I've moved to Wyoming. I miss it. Most every restaurant in ND has walleye on the menu. Down here it's a rarity.

Oh man, fresh walleye is the best, I lived in SD for 8 years and fished a lot. Perch is pretty good too.

During my junior high and high school years, I lived in Henrico just outside of Richmond, Va. Bill's Barbecue was the meeting place, especially on Friday and Saturday nites, it was a social icon. More importantly, while obviously biased, I have never found another source to equal Bill's. Barbecue is a preparation process, it is more than just a sauce over some meat. When I routinely went home to visit, I would fill a cooler with Bill's Barbecue and bring it back. Sadly, Bill's is no more, now I must find a source for some good Virginia barbecue. To date, I have not been successful.

I'm bumping this because the best place to get German food in Sierra Vista is in the process of retiring, which means my source of curried rahmschnitzel is going away.

If I can't find a good German restaurant where I'm moving to next, I'm going to very upset.

There was a roast beef place a few blocks away from where I went to high school called Wranglers. They had the best french fries I have ever had still to this day. They were very long skinny krinkle style and cooked to being perfectly crispy. They closed in 87.

I'm bumping this because the best place to get German food in Sierra Vista is in the process of retiring, which means my source of curried rahmschnitzel is going away.

If I can't find a good German restaurant where I'm moving to next, I'm going to very upset.

Just drive to Mesa.

http://www.beaverchoice.com/

Corn Pops

Can't find a Malasada place in Kansas City.

There are some potato chips that I grew up eating in PA that are only sold in a small area of PA. Thank goodness for the internet. I can finally order them.

There are some potato chips that I grew up eating in PA that are only sold in a small area of PA. Thank goodness for the internet. I can finally order them.
I remember Grandma Utz chips when I was living back east. So delicious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Finding good mexican food like you can easily in CA is something I miss being up here in WA state. It shouldn't be that difficult, but is.

I hear you on that one! I could get a 2lb burrito in my cali hometown for $4 that was just awesome. Tacquitos were everywhere and they were all awesome! Up here we have Who Song & Larry's which is part of the El Torito chain. They have good food but they dont do Tacquitos.

My food craving is In N Out! The closest one to me is over 4 hours away, which is an improvement as they expand northward into Oregon.

I miss the little one off food places in San Clemente and surrounding areas, pedros tacos, beach cities pizza, las golondrinas, the list could go on. I have yet to find a better donut shop than SC Donuts, though one place comes pretty close in Vancouver, wa.

Absolutely this...
carousel-item-1.jpg

Back