A question for you please. Hitting far and tempo together

I am currently working on my tempo a lot over the last few range sessions and also last couple of lessons. Let me say that when yu play for over 20 years and never really worked on or thought much about tempo its not easily done. especially when you find out is one of the biggest reasons for inconsistency. Right now I am trying so hard to relax and just let the swing happen that I cant get comfy and its actually causing me to tense up at address and/or in the middle of the swing. Not every one of them but too many of them. Of course when with the instructor its all just wonderful but not quite when without him. I'm like a 49yr old baby without mommy and daddy to help.lol

for some reason I am hitting my driver very smooth and actually played yesterday and of the 10 times I used driver I was in the fairway and long with 7 of those 10. It was a great driver day but that's where it ended. I was thinning my irons all day with only few exceptions. I mean sometimes 3 10yard ground balls in a row on several different occasions. I actually believe it or not hit 3 great mid irons. Two 6irons and a 7iron out of fairway bunkers like a champ like as if who I thought I was lol. but couldn't hit one to save my life from the fairway except for just a handful. Hit the range today and only small percentage of iron shots was I relaxed. I just cant seem (right now) to relax enough. But I was doing well with them prior to this. I am taking my time and trying hard and I am all jittery and stuff. I just don't know why. And but why not with the driver? Although I know I am capable of the opposite too where I go out tomorrow and hit good irons but end up with a useless driver. but I hope it goes away next range session.

WardF let me use his Zepp GolfSense the other day and I liked it. It measures your tempo (like many of the devices in that price range do) and will give you immediate feedback on it. It also can measure hip rotation by putting your phone or ipod in your hip pocket. I have the Swingbyte 2 and I think the zepp might be a bit better. It definitely lets you know when you're getting out of your normal rhythm and can help you work on righting that ship. food for thought if you're looking for help with tempo

Back