The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved out into the middle of nowhere for a reason. I didn't want to deal with the crap that comes from having a bunch of neighbors and living in the city, especially theft and crime.

Last week, less than a mile from my house, a man was shot to death in a neighbor's yard. No one knows what he was doing there or why he was murdered.

Tuesday, the police received a phone call that a missing man's body could be found in the woods behind a small neighborhood. That neighborhood happens to be the same one where the guy was murdered last week.

I don't like this at all.

My dad called today while I was on the course, he's 73 cancer patient who lives by himself and hasn't been in good health for years. I've tried to get him to move in with either my brother in New Orleans who is about 30 minutes away but has 4 young children or with us here in Houston since we have a 6 bedroom house.

Anyway, dad calls today, tells me he's in the hospital that he fractured his back at home and had to call EMS and his apartment to be transported and had to have it cemented yesterday and now has pneumonia on top of it. I told him this is why he doesn't need to be living alone. His answer was it doesn't matter because regardless no one is home 24/7 so it would have happened anyway. Inch again I told him that was a BS argument because we have plenty of room for him and if he wanted a live in we have room for them as well, but he's being stubborn and says he's thinking about building a house where he is. Sometimes I just want to reach thru the phone and strangle my old man.

been up since 3:30...really would have liked to have slept more. :/

Thats about what time I fell asleep, sick wife, sick kid, sick baby is all kinds of NO BUENO

I've been away from THP for way too long. Now I'm back, maybe this belongs in the HHJJ thread :)

Dan

Thats about what time I fell asleep, sick wife, sick kid, sick baby is all kinds of NO BUENO

Yeahhhhh buddy. Havent slept in 3 days because of my kid teething. Oh the joys of parenting.

I've been away from THP for way too long. Now I'm back, maybe this belongs in the HHJJ thread :)

Dan
Welcome back from Winter (almost)

Yeahhhhh buddy. Havent slept in 3 days because of my kid teething. Oh the joys of parenting.

Yeah I was hoping it wasnt that but it randomly hit her around 7pm and was AWFUl.....wanted no part of me and wanted to lay by the mrs only

Just left the wake of a friend's sister. She was 25 and had a son just over one. Kid's dad was showing him all the pics of his mom and the kids was getting all excited seeing them, obviously oblivious to what's going on. About started balling, hate when stuff like this happens. That poor kid.

Dan

been wondering where you've been buddy

Tap Tap Taparoo

I can teach a lot of things. In my lifetime, I've taught martial arts, painting, taught a lot of people how to play Magic: the Gathering...taught Army's grappling system, MAC-P. Now I teach Cisco routers, along with how to build multi-platform active directory domains. I consider myself a reasonably good teacher of things.

I can't teach attention to detail. I really don't know how to do that. My parents taught me attention to detail, but I can't say how. They just kinda did. I can say that in the limited about of time (5 weeks) that I have students in my class, it's not enough time to do it. But it is enough time to endure the fruits of not learning it (computers are notoriously picky things, and very literal). It's impossibly frustrating to deal with people who not only don't engage in attention to detail, but just look at me like a dead fish when I attempt to explain things to them.

More snow. Come on man!

I need warm weather here like last month.

More snow. Come on man!

I need warm weather here like last month.

Gotta survive til Wednesday....then I think we are home free....and it will almost be freaking APRIL

Agreed going to snow up here again tomorrow

I think Mr. Gore was wrong. Global warming is a thing of the past. Who is going to start the ice age movement?

I think Mr. Gore was wrong. Global warming is a thing of the past. Who is going to start the ice age movement?

-2 here tomorrow again. Think you are right.

I dunno dude, it is pretty warm down here today. Going to be mid-70s, and its March!

I feel for you dude. I don't miss that at all.

I wish there was a way I could say the same thing.

Gotta survive til Wednesday....then I think we are home free....and it will almost be freaking APRIL

I know. It's ridiculous. I already had 10-15 rounds in by this time last year.

I can teach a lot of things. In my lifetime, I've taught martial arts, painting, taught a lot of people how to play Magic: the Gathering...taught Army's grappling system, MAC-P. Now I teach Cisco routers, along with how to build multi-platform active directory domains. I consider myself a reasonably good teacher of things.

I can't teach attention to detail. I really don't know how to do that. My parents taught me attention to detail, but I can't say how. They just kinda did. I can say that in the limited about of time (5 weeks) that I have students in my class, it's not enough time to do it. But it is enough time to endure the fruits of not learning it (computers are notoriously picky things, and very literal). It's impossibly frustrating to deal with people who not only don't engage in attention to detail, but just look at me like a dead fish when I attempt to explain things to them.

I teach the Battle Staff Operator Course for Command Post of the Future. I know your pain. I believe you can't teach attention to detail to adults. It's either something you have engrained into you or something you do because it has bitten you in the butt enough to be painful.

So pissed off at myself going out to the course after all my lessons so far, hitting into a net in the basement and dropping putts on the birdieball. Man why can't it just click for me like it does durring my lesson or on the range. My rant is just me. I'll get all of this figured out and I will get better. There's no looking back it's on like Donkey Kong and I am defiantly #JourneyToBetter

I dunno dude, it is pretty warm down here today. Going to be mid-70s, and its March!

I wish we lived in the Southern Hemisphere. Then I could rub in a little bit that it's warmer up north than south.

I wish we lived in the Southern Hemisphere. Then I could rub in a little bit that it's warmer up north than south.
But... we dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back