DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come? I think my agency is going to have there golf tournament there in May.

I went with my buddy and we weren't "members" and it sucked

Played Worthington Manor for the third time today -- man I love that place, it's a shame it's 45 minutes away. Course was in absolutely gorgeous shape and I played half decent too, which is always nice.

I was initially bummed about the wind, but after a while I started enjoying it. Kind of liked having to think my way through my shots a bit more.

Playing nine holes with the wife tomorrow and then I'm hanging up the spikes for a month to recover from surgery. I'll be back just in time for Ocean City though!

Anyone played Stonewall? The course looks really nice, but it is pretty expensive. $100+ on weekends in summer. The course isn't on Golfnow. Anyone know any sites that offer deals play there?

I have played it when I was thinking about joining. Course is great, a little slow to play but thats seems to be the norm around here. I do not know of any deals to be had.

As soon as the weather breaks for good we ALL need to get together for a Northern VIRGINIA outing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

for sure. Also if anyone needs a handicap sign up on ushandicap.com.

I have played it when I was thinking about joining. Course is great, a little slow to play but thats seems to be the norm around here. I do not know of any deals to be had.

Yesterday the pro there told me the avg round takes 4 hours, 45 mins.

1003 at Greendale tomorrow. I know it is gonna be colder but I have to get out and play. I signed up as a single but I am sure there are openings if anyone is interested

How was Greendale? I am sure it was just nice to get out. I have been going through withdrawal ... haven't played in so long I probably forgot how! C'mon warm weather!! :act-up:

Anyone played any of the Golfweek Amateur tour events? I just noticed they have a DC metro tour & they are playing at Stonewall on 29 March.

Played Worthington Manor for the third time today -- man I love that place, it's a shame it's 45 minutes away. Course was in absolutely gorgeous shape and I played half decent too, which is always nice.

I was initially bummed about the wind, but after a while I started enjoying it. Kind of liked having to think my way through my shots a bit more.

Playing nine holes with the wife tomorrow and then I'm hanging up the spikes for a month to recover from surgery. I'll be back just in time for Ocean City though!

My completely favorite course in the entire area. Very challenging but fair and always in great shape.

Hey guys. Just got word thSt there will be a Callaway demo day at Olney Golf Park on Wed. From about 4-7.

All the new Callaway stuff will be there.

If the weather is decent I plan on stopping by around 500.

Hey guys. Just got word thSt there will be a Callaway demo day at Olney Golf Park on Wed. From about 4-7.

I hope your not talking about this Wed. because the snow is coming tomorrow.

I am. Whats a demo day without snow. Ha

I mentioned that to the rep and said if be there "weather pending"

I am. Whats a demo day without snow. Ha

I mentioned that to the rep and said if be there "weather pending"

Is love to play the course some day. There are a couple nice course in the area.

How was Greendale? I am sure it was just nice to get out. I have been going through withdrawal ... haven't played in so long I probably forgot how! C'mon warm weather!! :act-up:

It was great to be out on the course after this brutal winter. It was a little cold than I would prefer but all in not a bad day. Score was Ehhh haha greens were in rough shape along with my putting stroke! I felt like I had chances to make putts but they just didn't fall. Oh well gotta keep after it

Let me know. I will swing by

Let me know. I will swing by

Will do. Kevin. It be great to meet you. I'm sure you could tell the rep a thing a toe about how to do fittings..ha

Nah I'll be shopping hybrids

In related news the Wilson fitting trailer is going to Golfdom on 4/25/14 if anyone is interested in hitting their new stuff

Just found out yesterday that my organition's golf tournament is NOT at Stonewall...but at Virginia Oaks golf course. I just read some online reviews and most of them talk about poor course conditions & long rounds. I have never played here.

Anyone here played Virginia Oaks in a last year or so?

Just found out yesterday that my organition's golf tournament is NOT at Stonewall...but at Virginia Oaks golf course. I just read some online reviews and most of them talk about poor course conditions & long rounds. I have never played here.

Anyone here played Virginia Oaks in a last year or so?

I played there last year and it was in bad shape. I think they lost some greens and the Superintendent at some point. If you do go, count on a 5 hour round most of the time. There really are only a few holes that if you have never played there before would be confusing and you wouldn't know where to hit initially. Otherwise everything is pretty straight forward. I don't know why it takes so long to play. Sad to see though ... because when it first opened it was a great course, always in fabulous condition. They always tried to rival RTJ which is right across Lake Manassas from them.
I also have a tournament there in May! Maybe I should go check it out myself.

I played there last year and it was in bad shape. I think they lost some greens and the Superintendent at some point. If you do go, count on a 5 hour round most of the time. There really are only a few holes that if you have never played there before would be confusing and you wouldn't know where to hit initially. Otherwise everything is pretty straight forward. I don't know why it takes so long to play. Sad to see though ... because when it first opened it was a great course, always in fabulous condition. They always tried to rival RTJ which is right across Lake Manassas from them.
I also have a tournament there in May! Maybe I should go check it out myself.

This is a pretty good synopsis. I've played there twice over the last few years. Both times over 5 hours. Last round we waited for 20 minutes after our tee time before we could even get started.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds just like the reviews I read online. Must be tough for a golf course when your neighbors are RTJ and Stonewall. I took some lessons at Stonewall. It is a very nice looking course, but there summer weekend rate is $120 I think.

I hate paying $80 to play in a tournament at a course with less than desirable conditions :{

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds just like the reviews I read online. Must be tough for a golf course when your neighbors are RTJ and Stonewall. I took some lessons at Stonewall. It is a very nice looking course, but there summer weekend rate is $120 I think.

I hate paying $80 to play in a tournament at a course with less than desirable conditions :{

FWIW, when I played last it was in ok shape, just slow. May have been before they lost the greens. For your sake and theirs, I hope they have it straightened out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back