Tour Edge Exotics CB-PROh hybrid Iron - THP Preview

Im wondering if you ever hit the Mizuno MP-H4 Jman and if so, can you compare the two?

This is exactly what I was thinking. These look exactly like the H4 set from 2 years ago, that I play in my long irons and adore them

Last edited:
Wow, surprising to see a 2 iron included in the set. I can't think many people who don't get paid to play use a 2 iron, but I could certainly be wrong. I do like that the scoring irons are more blade style for better control. This set has a lot of things a mid-capper might be looking for.

I wouldn't mind giving these a swing.

TEE makes some seriously under rated clubs.

Those are surely interesting. Look forward to hearing how you get along with them.

Jman,
I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this iron. It reminds me a lot of my 18° cut muscle MP Fli-Hi. I only have a mid trajectory (at the highest) with it, though I'm usually mid-high with the 3h and 4h.
Definitely something I will have to demo next month since I agree with a previous comment that T.E.E. produces underrated clubs.

Jman,
I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this iron. It reminds me a lot of my 18° cut muscle MP Fli-Hi. I only have a mid trajectory (at the highest) with it, though I'm usually mid-high with the 3h and 4h.
Definitely something I will have to demo next month since I agree with a previous comment that T.E.E. produces underrated clubs.

Yeah, I think for most a mid flight is to be expected out of something this low lofted esp off the deck, it definitely takes some focus in the swing to get the most out of it it seems. Looking forward to the range time today.

I would love to hit these. They remind me of my old Browning 440 Plus irons, that I loved so much for so long.
They were a hollow build style iron.

James do you feel this is more of a driving iron like the Ping Rapture DI or utility iron like the 712U/Cally XProto? I kind of feel based on the construction that it's a little driving iron. But I like the early thoughts. Any early feelings on turf interaction or feel? I know that sound is sometimes a feel indicator and I wonder if the hollow body gives it a sort of tingy sound?

James do you feel this is more of a driving iron like the Ping Rapture DI or utility iron like the 712U/Cally XProto? I kind of feel based on the construction that it's a little driving iron. But I like the early thoughts. Any early feelings on turf interaction or feel? I know that sound is sometimes a feel indicator and I wonder if the hollow body gives it a sort of tingy sound?

Honestly, to me all three of those you listed are the same (having played 2 of the 3), to me a DI is a utility iron, its just all semantics and wording. They're all designed to do the same thing, be a tee alternative and for those with the SS and technique be a more forgiving long iron that doesn't look like a hybrid. This one fits right in there, at this loft I have to think tee first and turf second as most golfers will see the benefit from the tee way before they do from the turf. But, we shall see as I spend a little more time with it today.

Not tingy at all, pretty solid sound to it which is nice with that hollow body for sure. Will keep a closer eye on the turf interaction today, but I think that beveled sole will benefit many there.

Got to spend a LOT of time with this one after my lesson.

Definitely easier for me to hit off of the tee as it pertains to ball flight being more where I want it. Like a rocket though to a mid flight, definitely a tee option esp on windy days.

From the deck, you had better dedicate yourself to it, it will get up if you do, but if you don't be prepared for a liner.

Distance is solid though, it really is and there is a lot of toe and heel side forgiveness thanks to the hollow cavity and perimeter weighting it seems, not as much as a hybrid, but that isn't surprising. Sounds good too, not hollow or tinny, nice solid sound.

The 18* though is obviously going to be the most demanding of the set though, so it makes it really intriguing to get ahold of one of these in the 20's. Still though, those looking for a driving iron I think would get a lot of fun out of this one. TEE makes solid products no doubt.

Got after this one during my round yesterday with the purpose of concluding some thoughts for the review which I'll be writing very soon and because it was WINDY yesterday with gusts in the 40's, perfect for a club like this...and it was.

Off the tee the ball held its line extremely well and ball position let me just keep it on a rope that the wind could NOT touch or to put it higher into the air when downwind and take the aid. But the best shots were actually off the deck, two of which were into the wind on par 5's that I just hoped to advance a good number and avoided the wind that ended up about 30 yards further than I anticipated. There is a good amount of pop in this one for sure and the more comfortable I got the more it showed, also managed to really throw one up mid-high off the deck which was really nice to see. I honestly think those guys looking for a driving iron type club (who are usually the ones who can get the most out of long irons as is) would have some fun with it.

Jman, how do you think this club would get along with a steel shaft? Do you think it would lose some of its "pop" or would the weighting of it really get screwy. Because I see in the first post that a steel option is available, I just wonder your thoughts on its performance if it had a steel shaft in it.

Top line reminds me of my super S hybrid irons, but slightly chunkier.

Jman, how do you think this club would get along with a steel shaft? Do you think it would lose some of its "pop" or would the weighting of it really get screwy. Because I see in the first post that a steel option is available, I just wonder your thoughts on its performance if it had a steel shaft in it.

I really don't think that it would to be honest (as to the pop and weighting), I think it would honestly just come back to what fits the user best. I know I would love to hit it with a Tour 90 in it myself. Haha

I got out today for my first round with the CB Proh 2 iron. I unfortunately had a very poor ball-striking day all around and didn't have a chance to hit it before the round, but what I have seen so far is promising. It was windy and in the 40s and I was impressed with how the CB Pro handled the conditions. I was able to hit a controlled draw on 18 around dog leg and apart from one swing where I bailed out right away from trouble on the left, I saw great results off the tee. I didn't have an opportunity to hit it from the deck, but I don't foresee any issues with that. The 2 is a bit bulky, but if anything, it gives me confidence in terms of ease of use. With the bulk I was a bit worried I would launch too high, but I haven't seen anything so far that for me to think that would a cause for worry. I am looking forward to getting it out on a day when I am swinging better.

I abandoned my driver for the most part on the back and had fun with the CB off the tee. Initial thoughts are it's pretty long. I'm not sure if it's as long as my 5w as it was hard to tell with the wind and cold, but it's close enough where my gaps would be fine.

I was deciding between the CB Proh and the Apex, but ultimately chose the CB based on price. I have seen some good deals with the Apex, but no one seems to be selling it in X-flex. I went with KBS Tour X in the CB, which matches what I have in my J40s.

Thanks for posting your thoughts. It's good to see that even with your "poor ball striking day" as you call it, that you were still seeing good results with the club.
I can't believe that I haven't demoed the CB-PROh yet. I already own a few 16°-18° hybrids so something in the twentys would fit in my bag well.

Thanks for posting your thoughts. It's good to see that even with your "poor ball striking day" as you call it, that you were still seeing good results with the club.
I can't believe that I haven't demoed the CB-PROh yet. I already own a few 16°-18° hybrids so something in the twentys would fit in my bag well.

I've got too many swing thoughts going on right now and I was all over the course with my driver. On a day where I was really struggling with the driver, the CB-Pro was a nice option to have off the tee.

There is no where near me that has these to demo, so I bought it without trying it. If you have somewhere you can demo it, it's worth checking out.

those are sharp looking. Some interesting thoughts so far. Look forward to hearing more.

I finally got out to play again today. It was warm today with temperatures in the mid 70s with the wind blowing steady at 15-25. The CB Pro worked great in the windy conditions. I did not hit a single ball today that ballooned or got knocked down like my 5w would. Into the wind, I know I was hitting the CB further than I would have hit my 5w. The ball flight is lower than I thought it would be, with a mid piercing trajectory. Off the deck, it's a low trajectory for me, so it's not nearly as good of option for going after par 5s in two when I have to land and hold a green, which I could easily do with my 5w. While I may be losing a little there, I feel like I'm gaining a better option off the tee, which is much more important for me to have. I'm still not swinging very well in general, but the CB seems to be pretty forgiving and with more time, I think it could be my go to fairway finder.

I finally got out to play again today. It was warm today with temperatures in the mid 70s with the wind blowing steady at 15-25. The CB Pro worked great in the windy conditions. I did not hit a single ball today that ballooned or got knocked down like my 5w would. Into the wind, I know I was hitting the CB further than I would have hit my 5w. The ball flight is lower than I thought it would be, with a mid piercing trajectory. Off the deck, it's a low trajectory for me, so it's not nearly as good of option for going after par 5s in two when I have to land and hold a green, which I could easily do with my 5w. While I may be losing a little there, I feel like I'm gaining a better option off the tee, which is much more important for me to have. I'm still not swinging very well in general, but the CB seems to be pretty forgiving and with more time, I think it could be my go to fairway finder.
You're going to be deadly with this club once you get your swing where you want it. Keep posting your thoughts, the Proh is high on my ponder list.

You're going to be deadly with this club once you get your swing where you want it. Keep posting your thoughts, the Proh is high on my ponder list.

Thanks, man. I hope it will be.

Got out today and used the CB Pro 3 times--twice off the tee and once off the deck. Both times off the tee, I found the center of the fairway. Off the deck, I was able to elevate it nicely but hit it off target as I bailed away from trouble.

Just some thoughts after having this in the bag for a little bit. I'm really like the boring trajectory I'm getting off the tee. It has been great in windy conditions. Off the deck, it's solid and has a much lower trajectory I saw from my 5w. I've gamed a 2 irons in the past and this is more forgiving and the CB Pro has enough size not to be intimidating.

I hit this today and wow. Was hitting the 3 about as far as my driver (according to the launch monitor). The recoil shaft is sweet.

I hit this today and wow. Was hitting the 3 about as far as my driver (according to the launch monitor). The recoil shaft is sweet.

It's long for sure. The 2 is about 5w distance for me.

Back