good golf vehicles?

racerfreed

Reaction score
Handicap
Curent ride is a 05 Equinox. Looking for new vehicle. Preferably small to mid size suv similar to equinox or mid size sedan similar to newer accord or chrysler 300. What vehicles do you think are golfer friendly?

I have a 5 door Subaru Impreza that gets the job done every time and also has AWD with great gas mileage. I spend a lot of time in the mountains so AWD was near the top of my list.

What's your budget? looking new only or used also?

Some would contend that the THP tour van is the ultimate golf vehicle. Personally, for me, a midsize sedan is the ultimate golf vehicle because it has plenty of room for several sets of clubs and still gets 35-40 mpg.
Im partial to the Honda Accord and Acura TL/TLX.

4Runner, Tahoe, F-150, Wrangler. Really anything that isn't too small, but i prefer SUVs and trucks.

I use my 1998 Kawasaki atv to hit range balls on my ranch.. I hit them.. Than ride out get them.. And laser the distance

yeeeehawww

Some would contend that the THP tour van is the ultimate golf vehicle. Personally, for me, a midsize sedan is the ultimate golf vehicle because it has plenty of room for several sets of clubs and still gets 35-40 mpg.
Im partial to the Honda Accord and Acura TL/TLX.

Exactly my thoughts. I often travel 2+ hours for a good course.

Jetta.. golf cart, 3 sets of clubs, great gas milage and roomy.. cant afford a tour van

I have a 2011 Tahoe and have taken foursomes, clubs and luggage on trips as far as Florida very comfortably. My wife's Traverse would be very good as well for up to four golfers. If I didn't have to occasionally pull trailers, I would have a Traverse instead of Tahoe due to better gas mileage.

My new Camaro 2LS is the Ultimate! Back seat folds down to a larger trunk and it is the Best!@ 2 bags and 2 passenger it has 6 cylinder 323 HP and 24mph hwy
gets you there in time for your teetime! OK,maybe not the best for practical use but it's all I got.

Looking used. 2011-2013. 20-24k budget. Equinox is ok but have to fold seats down. Other car is a 2011 lancer and can onoy fit a cpl golf bags at most in trunk. Ive been eyeing the 4cyl accord or maybe chrysler 300. Comsumer report favors the accord.

I would suggest anything with a hatchback. Subaru Impreza, Honda Fit, Toyota Rav 4, etc.

I have a Toyota Yaris. Great on gas, functional hatchback. The Honda Fit is far more versatile, though. One of my friends has 180k miles on his 2009, and has had NO issues at all. Can't beat that!

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. Plenty of room for a foursome and their clubs, as well as good mileage (27 hwy).

I have a 2013 Ford Edge Limited and love the car - has a lot more room than you expect and I compared it to the Explorer, Tahoe, Tiguan and for the money the Edge was the way to go.

Enough room for 4 bags and gear - great sound system, comfortable, and I love the gas mileage coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Looking used. 2011-2013. 20-24k budget. Equinox is ok but have to fold seats down. Other car is a 2011 lancer and can onoy fit a cpl golf bags at most in trunk. Ive been eyeing the 4cyl accord or maybe chrysler 300. Comsumer report favors the accord.

maybe Hyundai Santa Fe, we have 2 its the size of a small SUV gets upper 20s on the highway and instead of used at 24k you can get a new base model for about 25.

good golf vehicles?

I have a 2012 Camry SE & I get 30-35 MPG. Plenty of HP on the highway and I can fit 3-4 stand bags easy in my trunk. Room enough for 4 to ride comfortably.

I have a Chevy impala and it's perfect. Huge trunk space and plenty of room for 4 sets of clubs and everything else. Great gas mileage as well.

I have a..... GOLF! just for the name!

I also like the car a lot but the trunk is on the small side

I have a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited and it has a HUGE trunk and great interior space. I have fit 4 bags in the trunk before and had room left for extras!

Last edited:
Jetta tdi sportwagon. You can land a 12-13 new for your price range. Tons of features and 45mpg.

I wish Mazda would bring the new 6 sportwagon to America, its purdy.

MINIVAN!!!

Perfect road trip vehicle! Lots of storage! &can take a lot of buddies!

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. Plenty of room for a foursome and their clubs, as well as good mileage (27 hwy).

this. My wife has a 2011 and we have the same experience. She has put 78k miles on it in the last 3 years (long commute) and we've taken it halfway cross-country a few times. Very comfortable for someone my size and I've seen as good as 29 MPG on rural highways cruising at 60 mph. If you want more MPG than that (and aren't a sasquatch like me) then the Escape is perhaps even better. Also, she is still safely running on her stock tires. They will need replacing in the next 10k miles or so, but 80k+ out of OEM tires is fantastic.

I have a 12 sonata and love it. Huge trunk and great fuel economy.

accord, camry, legecy, tsx, fusion can all be ad easily in the price used and will all give you plenty of room for clubs and people and get good gas mileage

Back