How To Hit A Hybrid - Lessons W/ Leadbetter & Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing the series that Callaway has put together with David Leadbetter, here is the latest video called How To Hit A Hybrid. What do you think?

I really enjoy this series by Callaway. Love my hybrids too. Was it me or was he talking a lot faster in this one than he did in the other ones?

Another great tip by Mr Leadbetter.

Thanks for posting these JB

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Hybrids are my friend. Especially my 4 and 5 Mashie's. Had a couple of people on the course yesterday comment on the crisp sound off the face when I made solid contact. Deciding whether I want to reshaft my H3 (from a stiff shaft to regular), or just stick with my 5 wedge setup (probably the latter).

I love hitting my hybrid. I find myself hitting it quite often as its my 200 yard club. Long par 3s and par 5s. I have a hard time down on it like he demonstrates in this video though. Something I am working on.

Another great video. Thanks for these JB. I like the quick tips and really like my hybrids haha

I like it. People seem to get confused on how to hit hybrids. Do you hit down or try to sweep? I like this mini series they are doing.

Good stuff. I feel like I try to sweep my hybrids a little too much. Definitely need to try to hit down with them and place in the center of my stance.

Wish it was that easy for me, hopefully by the end of this week Ill be swinging some different ones thanks to Bhilln. REally have been enjoying these Callaway tips by Leadbetter

love the mini series. This is another great tip that has impacted my game incredibly over this off season with the additions of a Mashie M3 and now an M4

Wish it was that easy for me

Need to work on mine, too. Hate that I struggle with it now when I used to hit them pretty good. I don't know where I went wrong. I think I'm in 'sweeping' mode, or a combination of the two, LOL. Either way, it's wrong.

My 4h is my BFF. The coma comment made me chuckle.

a lot of great information in this one. I've always tried to hit down and not sweep so it's nice to hear that I at least had that part down. What struck me was his reference to place the ball back in the stance I hit "down & through". I always wondered where ball position should be with hybrids and this cleared it up.

Thanks THP!

Love my 4 hybrid, probably my best club in the bag. I use it for regular shots and punch outs, even chipping. Don't believe I could live without it.

David makes it sound so easy, and everyone says hybrids are easier to hit than 3 and 4 irons. I struggle with them, probably because I feel like I have to force the shot. Probably just need to work with them, instead of avoiding them.

Oh yeah that's what I always do then top the darn ball. Need to start thinking it's a iron.
Need to work on mine, too. Hate that I struggle with it now when I used to hit them pretty good. I don't know where I went wrong. I think I'm in 'sweeping' mode, or a combination of the two, LOL. Either way, it's wrong.

Another good one from David, I can't get over him in a regular hat, bring on the wide brim!

Great tips here to hone our swings with! I don't always hit my hybrids well, but when I do, they are my friends :D

This is one of the things I've been working on - I was a sweeper, now I'm swinging it like an iron. Can't wait to get fitted.

I agree on all points. Hybrids are the way!

This Callaway series is great look of good tips

Hmmmm, hit it like a 7 iron. Where did I hear that before. I kid.... Lead's teaching is far reaching

Well, that settles it then. Its official.
I'm in a coma. Along with the rest of you who found their 4hybrid harder to hit than their 4iron

But actually as I am slowly progressing with the subtle swing changes (via lessons) I do bring them to the range with me and give them a little bit of a go here and there. But not to any success yet. I still very much prefer my 4iron. But the hybs will be there in waiting when and/or if I decide to give them another serious try over my irons.

"Coma" haha and did he say pot plants should be held up by your 3&4 iron?

My 2h is either deadly accurate or deadly for my game because of the hooks. I don't see my 4i going anywhere and a 3i is contemplation in the next set

It appears I've been playing hybrids wrong. I'm hearing more and more that I should be hitting them like irons as apposed to try and sweep them like a FW. I'm looking forward to the grass range opening so I can work on this shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back