Rocketbladez Tour

Also, many reviews rave about added distance. Are they just talking to hear themselves? What is the source of the different opinions regarding distance?

This is just an estimate based off my experience changing to an iron with the same shaft, but my best guess is your 9 iron will be between 120-125 and then you might see about 11-12 yard gaps in the short irons and progressively up to about 14-15 yard gaps in the long irons.

I went from hitting a full 9 iron as my 150 club to choking down and hitting an easy 3/4 swing 7 iron for 150.

Oh wow. So I guess the reviews claiming the RocketBladez Tours added 10 yards were full of :poop:, huh?

Added distance is there in the long and mid irons like wat was stated befefore. The balls really fly off the face. Very forgiving even on shots hit low on the face also very workable. You can work them right to left with ease

This is just an estimate based off my experience changing to an iron with the same shaft, but my best guess is your 9 iron will be between 120-125 and then you might see about 11-12 yard gaps in the short irons and progressively up to about 14-15 yard gaps in the long irons.

I went from hitting a full 9 iron as my 150 club to choking down and hitting an easy 3/4 swing 7 iron for 150.

I had a similar experiance my regular Rocketbladez were a full club longer than Tours went from 9 iron as 150 club to 8 iron is my 150 yard club

Oh wow. So I guess the reviews claiming the RocketBladez Tours added 10 yards were full of :poop:, huh?

Yes and no. I have the CBs, which are this years version but very similar, same shaft similar lofts, speed pocket etc... The long irons are longer for me. My 4 iron is about 10 yards longer than my old 4 iron. My 5 iron is 7-8 yards longer than the old one. Somewhere around the 7 iron for me they change from being longer to shorter. This is just my experience.

The standard Rocketbladez and this years Speedblades are a different story. They are distance irons and would likely be longer for you throughout the whole set.

I don't belive i heard that in there adds the tour were marketed as a distance iron for the tour they would most likly give you some gains over similary lofted clubs my loss of distance was because of loss of shaft length and higher plus switching to xflex. If you are looking for distance try the Reg RBladez or SpeedBladez not the tours. I was am a few yards longer when i compare the Tours to my MP-30's

Yes and no. I have the CBs, which are this years version but very similar, same shaft similar lofts, speed pocket etc... The long irons are longer for me. My 4 iron is about 10 yards longer than my old 4 iron. My 5 iron is 7-8 yards longer than the old one. Somewhere around the 7 iron for me they change from being longer to shorter. This is just my experience.

The Lofts on the CB are stronger especally in the long irons to lower ball flight on of the issues people had with the Tours

They DO help you get the ball high in the air, which could add distance depending on your swing. I moved from older Pings that spun too much, so I picked up distance while still hitting it high.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

They DO help you get the ball high in the air, which could add distance depending on your swing. I moved from older Pings that spun too much, so I picked up distance while still hitting it high.

I'm not sure that claiming these irons help you get the ball in the air is accurate. They are not designed to be a high launching iron. I personally find them to have the same mid level flight that I was getting out of my Mizuno's. It sounds to me like you are just a high ball hitter naturally.

I'm not sure that claiming these irons help you get the ball in the air is accurate. They are not designed to be a high launching iron. I personally find them to have the same mid level flight that I was getting out of my Mizuno's. It sounds to me like you are just a high ball hitter naturally.

Higher launch was definitely something they promoted with the speed pocket.

http://m.taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/RocketBladez-Tour-Irons/DW-JN938.html

Higher launch was definitely something they promoted with the speed pocket.

http://m.taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/RocketBladez-Tour-Irons/DW-JN938.html

For me "higher launch", especially in what they call a "tour" iron does not equate to an iron designed to help you get the ball in the air. I am certain that plenty of people hit them high. I am also certain that these irons share very nearly the same launch characteristics that a blade/muscle cavity set of irons gave me. What I am getting at is that it may be misleading to some, to claim as fact, that these are irons that will launch the ball a mile into air. They may certainly make it easier to hit high balls, yet they are by no means a cut and dry high ball hitting set of irons. If that were the case, with the amount of horrendous wind I have to play in around here, they would have never found a spot in my bag.

Consistency is definitely my biggest issue right now. I usually hit my 9 iron 135 with 10 yard gaps. What can I expect with the RocketBladez Tour (ballpark estimate)?
Save your money... They are not very forgiving. They punish you on misses. I had a paid and played for three rounds and got rid of them. Went to callaway x hot pro, which was much better and had a nicer feel and then on to AP2 714 which are like butter... If you insist on the iron look at woot they have nines on close out as well

Save your money... They are not very forgiving. They punish you on misses. I had a paid and played for three rounds and got rid of them. Went to callaway x hot pro, which was much better and had a nicer feel and then on to AP2 714 which are like butter... If you insist on the iron look at woot they have nines on close out as well
i respectfully disagree i thought that the Tours are much more forgiving than either the XHP or AP2 my dispersion was much tighter on mishits when i was initially trying them plus they have the smallest profile of the three

I just got a set of these last week. Switched from an old set of R7 TP irons. They seem fantastic so far. Really nice feel. Seem very forgiving. Took them to the driving range the day I got them, then shot a 79 the next day. Great score for me. Btw...for those not wanting to buy on eBay, check Amazon and choose the 3-PW set with stiff shafts. It was $350 when I bought mine. Honestly can't think of a better set for the money right now.

The problem is that I am relying on PayPal for part of the funding, so I have to stick with eBay. I just hit these on a simulator at a local golf shop and I hit the 5 iron at around 180, which translates to about 200 (198 if we're being exact - up here in Tucson, we add 10% due to the elevation). This is about 15 yards further than my Adams 5 HYBRID, so I think the distances will be suitable.

The problem is that I am relying on PayPal for part of the funding, so I have to stick with eBay. I just hit these on a simulator at a local golf shop and I hit the 5 iron at around 180, which translates to about 200 (198 if we're being exact - up here in Tucson, we add 10% due to the elevation). This is about 15 yards further than my Adams 5 HYBRID, so I think the distances will be suitable.

You're relying on PP because you have money in your PP wallet right? Why not just transfer that to your bank account? It only takes a day or two and then you can go anywhere. Just an option if you want

I just got a set of these last week. Switched from an old set of R7 TP irons. They seem fantastic so far. Really nice feel. Seem very forgiving. Took them to the driving range the day I got them, then shot a 79 the next day. Great score for me. Btw...for those not wanting to buy on eBay, check Amazon and choose the 3-PW set with stiff shafts. It was $350 when I bought mine. Honestly can't think of a better set for the money right now.

Right now, the price is $400, not including shipping and handling, so I think I'll just stick with eBay for now.

Disagree with that. I demo'd several sets on course and didn't find them any more punitive than other similar irons. It comes down to a personal preference and a swing style. If you are looking for max forgiveness these aren't the best irons to get anyway but for the class of iron they fall in, there is a fairly decent level of forgiveness there.

Disagree with that. I demo'd several sets on course and didn't find them any more punitive than other similar irons. It comes down to a personal preference and a swing style. If you are looking for max forgiveness these aren't the best irons to get anyway but for the class of iron they fall in, there is a fairly decent level of forgiveness there.

I will say that while they aren't a GI iron, they are fairly forgiving. They get the ball into the air on shots struck low, and at least once per round they save me on a poorly struck toe shot, poorly enough that I almost miss the grooves and leave a mark on the chrome.

You have to be careful with the numbers you see sometimes with a store launch monitor. I tested my clubs at a few different places and the only one that gave me realistic numbers was the TMPL. One place I tested the 6 iron it was showing carry numbers between 205-215 when in reality it is about 175.

There are factors I don't know such as your AoA and how much you deloft the club at impact and such, but given your swing speed 180-185 is probably a realistic distance for your 5 iron including elevation. Again I am basing this off my own experience with a driver speed of just over 100, 6 iron speed is 87, I play at a high elevation and my 5 iron carries 190. Everyone's swing is different and your results will likely differ, I just want you to know what you are getting.

Now the important question, did you like how they felt? Did the shafts feel too heavy or were they a good fit for you? If you liked them I would say go for it they are a great iron and it looks like you've found a good deal.

They felt different, obviously (regular graphite to stiff steel) but they felt nice, and when I hit the sweet spot, it felt amazing. My driver speed is hovering right around 90-95, so take that for what it's worth.

I'm currently looking at a rocketbladez 3 iron and it's £75 you better get it for $20 then just post it to me haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone hit these and the Bridgestone J40s? I would love to hear a comparison.

Back