So I'm extremely blessed and need some suggestions...

i will give an unofficial update for six4three5, we had a sim round last night, he was hitting the ball very well and when he did miss one (not too many ) it was a good miss. he shot 3 under 33 on the sim. i think he only missed one or two shots all round....keep up the good work

i will give an unofficial update for six4three5, we had a sim round last night, he was hitting the ball very well and when he did miss one (not too many ) it was a good miss. he shot 3 under 33 on the sim. i think he only missed one or two shots all round....keep up the good work

Thanks pop.

3 under, solid sim round!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

3 under, solid sim round!

Thanks bud! The posture my pro had me change just puts me into a better position at impact. I was hitting the ball pretty dang well.

Thanks bud! The posture my pro had me change just puts me into a better position at impact. I was hitting the ball pretty dang well.

That's great. I continue to be amazed by the benefits of like changes to the swing. No sense in overhauling ones swing. Fix the basics and let the rest happen.

That's great. I continue to be amazed by the benefits of like changes to the swing. No sense in overhauling ones swing. Fix the basics and let the rest happen.

Yep. That's exactly what he said. We'll perfect the little fundamentals and it will put you into a position to become much better. Completely buying into it.

Yep. That's exactly what he said. We'll perfect the little fundamentals and it will put you into a position to become much better. Completely buying into it.

Gee,I thought you were perfect in almost every way with your swing.................Now you're better?Oh Boy,I feel "Miss Kitty" is going back on my bag for sure.
Glad to see it's coming together!

Well had a bit of a curve ball thrown at me yesterday, but I'm going to sit back let it drop and smash it out of the park. Drove to meet a few MC teammates and GregDan for some range time and a little instruction. Chris Carfangia PGA Pro/SPi Instructor out of Ohio saw my swing and agreed with the little changes that Jim (current PGA Pro I'm with) about posture and where my weight is distributed. However Chris wants me to change my plane completely to put me in a better position to be more consistent. I plan on working hard over the next couple days to try and get the plane grooved a bit more so it doesn't feel so foreign and then discuss with Jim his thoughts. The statement that stuck with me that Chris said that makes me want to make the switch is the fact that my swing is 100% based on timing. He knew that with watching me take 2 swings, and he's right. I could go out on Thursday and the time is great and I'll smoke the ball, go out on Friday and the time of my swing be a touch off and I'll struggle through the entire round. He believes if I change my swing plane and shorten my swing a bit, it will take the timing out of the swing and make me a much more consistent ball striker. Also by shortening my swing and changing the plane I actually picked up 2 mph on my 7 iron. Lot of hard work ahead of me, but I'm ready for it!

So sitting home today thinking about my swing change I couldn't take it anymore. Went out and bought a strike pad/hitting mat from Wally World along with some new foam balls. My girlfriend's fitness center and gym that she is the director at is closed at 1 on Sunday's so I grabbed the iPad and new practice gear and went to work.

The top pictures are the old swing, the bottom is the new. Shortened backswing and a much different path.

Pictures overlaid on each other. Pretty significant difference. Tough to get a feel on if I'm striking it well or not with a foam ball, but that wasn't really my concern, more just the swing itself.

Old Swing Video - Slowed down a bit

New Swing Video - Slowed down a bit (I did catch the ball off the rebound :-D )

[video=youtube;-nUIfjNr9Js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nUIfjNr9Js[/video]

All in all I feel it is a MUCH better position at the top with the shortened back swing and better plane to the ball. I honestly feel it is more powerful swing while keeping the same tempo, because I'm generating my power differently. I feel as long as I keep working hard on making the work it will only make me more consistent. I definitely owe this to PGA Pro at Pine Lakes in Hubbard Ohio Chris Carfangia. He's on the forum as "Carfangia" he watched me swing about 5 swings and got me working on this. I can't wait to show my teacher the change and hope he can only build on it more. Wish I was closer to Chris tho!

Can't wait to test this out tonight on my last week of my sim league. Really hope I can keep the same path as I had last night!

Just read through this whole thread, making my recent thought of getting lessons even stronger. Self taught myself down from scores of 100000 to low 90's, but now that I have reached this point I don't know how much more I can do on my own. Maybe I can get myself down to the 80's, but I think lessons would get me there quicker and refine my swing way more than on my own. Jimmy, you have me pondering big time.

Just read through this whole thread, making my recent thought of getting lessons even stronger. Self taught myself down from scores of 100000 to low 90's, but now that I have reached this point I don't know how much more I can do on my own. Maybe I can get myself down to the 80's, but I think lessons would get me there quicker and refine my swing way more than on my own. Jimmy, you have me pondering big time.

I think it's a good idea for everyone to get lessons! Hell even the best players in the world have swing coaches and teachers. There's no reason us mortals shouldn't take the advice from PGA/Teaching professionals! Keep me updated if you do bud. I'd highly recommend Jim the guy I was working with at the Valle indoor range 2 weeks ago.

I think it's a good idea for everyone to get lessons! Hell even the best players in the world have swing coaches and teachers. There's no reason us mortals shouldn't take the advice from PGA/Teaching professionals! Keep me updated if you do bud. I'd highly recommend Jim the guy I was working with at the Valle indoor range 2 weeks ago.

I figured that's who you were talking about as your instructor. I was eaves dropping on the lesson that was going on in the bay next to us, sounded like a easy going environment for a lesson. Not sure if I want to go the Golftec route where you have all the technology, videos, and analysis or go with a coach like Jim where it's more "old school."

I just wanted to take a moment to point out how hilarious that was.

So I've been working on this swing change pretty damn hard the last week or two since I've decided that I'm going to commit to it. After looking at the video some more I felt like I was going to a touch on the extreme side and going too flat. I decided that I wanted to go a little less flat, but keep the same motion at the top and this is what I've come up with.

The top is what I changed to at first, but the bottom is what I've decided (on my own) that feels better and puts me in a better position at the top. I should note that I'm taking my second lesson hopefully Sunday and will be running all this by my teacher to see what he thinks and if there's anything he wants me to change. Just figured I'd give a little update as I've been working my butt off trying to make this more comfortable which it is!

I should also add how it all pretty much relies on my right elbow. When I keep it in tight to my buddy everything works really well. Once my elbow starts to flare, that's when everything goes south. It's something I'm working extremely hard at getting to the point where I don't have to think about the right elbow anymore!

Lesson tomorrow at noon! Excited to come back and update on my teachers thoughts about my swing change and whether or not he's behind me on it or not. Really looking forward to working with him tomorrow.

Well had my lesson on Sunday and it went REALLY well. I showed my instructor my iPad and what I was working and to my relief he was glad to see I was open and working towards a better swing. He agreed what I was working towards will put me in a MUCH better position at the time making me much more consistent. He actually wants me in a little difference position with my hands at the top which to my surprise was actually more comfortable. He gave me a drill to help work on my take away, making it a one piece takeaway with my entire upper body and not just my arms. I wasn't striking the ball all that well during the actual lesson itself because I was implementing all the subtle changes, but when I took about a 10-15 min break after the lesson and then start practicing again everything felt great and I was absolutely smoking the ball. I feel like once I get this swing grooved teamed up with a few short game lessons I'll finally start heading into the direction I've wanted which is going low!

So today was the first time I got to hit outside after making the swing change. I'm very very happy with what I saw today. The swing change for me is 110% reliant on my right elbow. If I keep in tight I have no issues, when it flares is when the problems come in. That being said I focused on that today and I was extremely excited to see my ball flight outside. I felt like the ball was jumping off the club face and my ball flight was a penetrating high flight. Most times either very straight or with a butter fade, which I'm not opposed to at all. I actually like to see a butter fade with the soft landing. IMO it's easier to control. Today was one of those days where I just didn't want to leave the range because I was hitting the ball so well.

Little bump to this thread as I have a lesson scheduled for tomorrow. Really looking forward to tidying things up and then work on some short game! Plan for tomorrow is about 15-20 mins just refining the full swing, then on to the short game area!! Will update tomorrow night with thoughts from the lesson moving forward.

Little bump to this thread as I have a lesson scheduled for tomorrow. Really looking forward to tidying things up and then work on some short game! Plan for tomorrow is about 15-20 mins just refining the full swing, then on to the short game area!! Will update tomorrow night with thoughts from the lesson moving forward.

Well had my lesson Thursday night and it was a tough pill to swallow. I've definitely started to revert back to old habits. It's not off by much just a little tweaking and I'm back to where I want to be. I hit balls with my pro for about 20 mins then we went out on the course and played 3 holes. Par all 3 holes with decent chipping and putting. He gave me a few basic drills to do over the next week to get things grooved back to where I want to be, then it's one last 9 hole playing lesson before heading down to Myrtle for the show. I'll update this thread over the next few days and highlight what I'm working on and striving towards!

Back