So we started potty training today for our not quite 3 year old little dude. Cold turkey off the diapers.

So far not going so hot. Been trough a lot of undies and resolve for the carpet and couch but not once has he gone in his potty.

Any advice from the veterans?

So we started potty training today for our not quite 3 year old little dude. Cold turkey off the diapers.

So far not going so hot. Been trough a lot of undies and resolve for the carpet and couch but not once has he gone in his potty.

Rock the pull ups...its like diaper underware...patience is key as every child is diferent...we made it through pretty quickly with positive feedback and explaining all the advantages to using potty...

Good Luck

For us there has been no one way that works. Also we don't stress about it. Two of them were daytime potty trained before 18 months. One took until he was 3 and the youngest is 2 and just starting to show interest.

The best I can say is to encourage them, don't make it punishment for not going. If they hate feeling wet this will go a lot easier for you than if they don't care.

We also showed Elmo Potty Time a lot when we got the sense they were interested. It really speaks a good message to them.

I hated when people told us this, but it was true: it will happen when it will happen. Sorry.

I will keep an eye on this one. 18 month old and counting, potty training is right around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grandparents came up with a brilliant one over spring break. They gave the kids a bunch of change but the kids had to pay a quarter into a jar every time they fought with each other. It mostly worked like a charm.

Having 6 and 10 year old boys, I still tell people one of the biggest milestones was no more diapers and them being able to wipe and clean themselves....My first boy was Potty trained at around 4 years and then bam another kid and 4 more years....

Good training for being around stinky golfers...lol

I've been pretty successful so far potty training my 2.5 year old. Luckily he's a daddy's boy aways listens to me, not mom as much. Averaging only 1 miss per day. Very tough to do as I work 2 jobs anywhere from 65-85 hours per week to spend that time to dedicate. Taught him 1-10 in English and Spanish. He's almost got his abc's down. So proud but lots of hard work and training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just interrogated the boys for some info...both of them say it was not wanting to be in the disgusting diaper full of pee...Maybe them realizing the grossness....

My son at his birthday party today. New titleist hat and golf shades! He also got a practice net, junior golf glove, couple golf outfits and the Srixon JR Star kids starter set. He's so ready for this year!
4yjede9a.jpg

Love it, Philly!

My son at his birthday party today. New titleist hat and golf shades! He also got a practice net, junior golf glove, couple golf outfits and the Srixon JR Star kids starter set. He's so ready for this year!
4yjede9a.jpg

Thats awesome. Golf is great, kids too, heaven sent.

Love it PhillyV.

4yjede9a.jpg
Lookin' great man!

I enjoyed every minute of the last three days I was in Lake Charles for the Invitational, but coming home and seeing these two little princesses capped off my amazing weekend. I'm truly blessed #ParentingDoesntSuck

E0F54476-CE38-497C-B99B-5C3472DC9020_zpsg60lhcbo.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed every minute of the last three days I was in Lake Charles for the Invitational, but coming home and seeing these two little princesses capped off my amazing weekend. I'm truly blessed #ParentingDoesntSuck

#parentingdoesntsuck indeed!

537_zpsa7dcca9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My future golf-aholics....well, one can only wish

Thank you all so much for sharing, such great photos, I couldn't resist taking the kids out in the nice weather today!

Icey(#cantevensaythatword)s

From raising my 2 boys I noticed the older one has alot better grip on club, I think in part to keeping the plastic club in his hand longer. My younger one didint use the plastic club as much because his brother already had real clubs. It formed this hockey style grip and swing. No big deal as he has fun doing it, but the difference is major in the two's swings.

Great looking fam. and thanks for sharing the pics.

Last edited:
Our 9 year old, learned today who the Tooth Fairy really is. She handled it well. The next question was what about the Easter Bunny. haha.

4yjede9a.jpg

Awesome! I can't wait to be able to load mine up like that in a few years.

Our 9 year old, learned today who the Tooth Fairy really is. She handled it well. The next question was what about the Easter Bunny. haha.

This is our now 10 year old last year...

Was hilarious when he just walked up and said, "I know the tooth fairy isnt real, ...so can I...just get the money now"

Feels like we're bribing him to not tell his little brother now. lol

This is our now 10 year old last year...

Was hilarious when he just walked up and said, "I know the tooth fairy isnt real, ...so can I...just get the money now"

Feels like we're bribing him to not tell his little brother now. lol

When my oldest 2 decided that they knew there wasn't a Santa Claus anymore, we told them: "If you tell your younger brother that there's no Santa, he will quit bringing you the extra presents, if you know what I mean."

They kept their mouths shut.

Back