Mizuno mx23 vs mp30 irons

romeyrome87

Reaction score
Handicap
I was looking at purchasing me a new set of irons and after hitting tzoid 2s I really wanna try Mizuno s forged offerings. I was looking into purchasing a set of MX23s or MP30s in 3-pw. I was just wondering which would be the better choice? They both come with true temper dynamic gold shafts but I believe ghe mx23s come with the R300 and the MP30s come with the S300 shafts. I am a fast swinget with a smooth tempo and lately I have been learning to work the ball so I want a set thats workable as well as forgiving. Also I have no problems getting ghe ball up and in the air so no problems there. Just like something with a little more feeling and a nice medium borkng flight/trajectory. So any helpful advice would be appreciated. And I already know 9/10 people are gonna say hit ghe clubs first bit just wanted pros and cons of each set.

I know they arent on your list, but id check out the JPX800PRO. Much newer version of the MX23, forgiving, yet workable and forged.

The 800s are kinda out of my price range. Looking at the mx23s or the mp30s because I can get a 3-pw set for $130 each set. So was just looking into those because that's what I can afford at the moment

The 800s are kinda out of my price range. Looking at the mx23s or the mp30s because I can get a 3-pw set for $130 each set. So was just looking into those because that's what I can afford at the moment

I know its tough but I honestly would wait then. The tech/forgiveness differences between the 23s and the 800s is night and day. But if I had to choose it would probably be the 23s.

I kinda figured the MX23s would be the best way to go... forged cavity backs slightly newer minimal offset...

I was looking at purchasing me a new set of irons and after hitting tzoid 2s I really wanna try Mizuno s forged offerings. I was looking into purchasing a set of MX23s or MP30s in 3-pw. I was just wondering which would be the better choice? They both come with true temper dynamic gold shafts but I believe ghe mx23s come with the R300 and the MP30s come with the S300 shafts. I am a fast swinget with a smooth tempo and lately I have been learning to work the ball so I want a set thats workable as well as forgiving. Also I have no problems getting ghe ball up and in the air so no problems there. Just like something with a little more feeling and a nice medium borkng flight/trajectory. So any helpful advice would be appreciated. And I already know 9/10 people are gonna say hit ghe clubs first bit just wanted pros and cons of each set.

2 very different irons to choose between. The 30s are one of the least forgiving irons I hit, from Mizuno. I think some of their true blades are/were more forgiving than the 30s. Having said that, if you can put a good swing on them, they certainly are workable and with the right shaft would yield the medium trajectory you mentioned. The 23s are more forgiving, and will have a higher ball flight - not quite the same sound/feel as the 30s, but still very nice on well struck shots.

So your telling me the 30s have better sound and feel than the 23s?? Also what about distance??

Back