Metal Music fans \m/

The Sword
Sylosis
Toxic Holocaust
Vader
Warbeast
Within the Ruins

Listened to these two a bit in the past. Vader is pretty solid classic style death metal.

I'm a big metal fan, so thanks for starting this thread. I'm also a big prog metal fan, too. My faves:

Dream Theater
Opeth
Becoming the Archetype
As I Lay Dying
Living Sacrifice
Zao
War of Ages
Shadows Fall
Gojira
Mastodon

Man, this thread makes me feel old. I don't know any of those bands. Here I am thinking Metallica....

Ah well. I did have a great time when I saw Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour. Cliff Burton playing Anesthesia live is something that you don't forget. Oh, and seeing Motorhead open for Slayer was amazing as well. (Although, I thought it was an insult to Motorhead that they opened instead of Slayer. Lemmy rules!)

I like the newer bands, but your list is pretty cool - I've seen Motorhead, Judas Priest, Sabbath w/Dio, Iron Maiden, Anthrax. Still waiting to see Metallica. To have seen Cliff Burton on the Master of Puppets tour - that's really something. I'm glad I got to see Dio shortly before he died of cancer. What a nice guy he was.

Sylosis and Zao... loving it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Old 80's metal head here.

Guess I'm an old metalhead too. I saw Iron Maidens Number of the Beast tour when they opened for Priests Screaming for Vengeance, Queensryches Warning opening for KISS(?!), Dream Theaters Images and Words tour, and tons more. I'd say Opeth is my fav ever, but I've never seen them other than the Lamentations DVD.

I used to play in a metal band playing Maideny stuff, and build solid body electric guitars for fun. Golf found me two years ago and has been a big PITA since. I freaking love it.

Well I too am a metal/alternative fan. I feel a little old not knowing all the bands named. But, some of my favorites are

TOOL-favorite all time
Deftones
Fear Factory
From Autumn to Ashes
A Perfect Circle
Killswitch Engage
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Coal Chamber
Type O Negative
Static-X
Taproot
Lamb of God
White/Rob Zombie

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Tapatalk

I am very open minded about music and love a ton of different genres. One of them just happens to be metal haha except I think im probably the minority in liking the extreme stuff. I use to like the bands like Luke and other listed but since then have moved to the brutal guttural stuff haha. I dont always listen to metal, but when I do its extreme. Im hesitant to list bands because they sound crazy and people might think im some weirdo. I swear im just a normal person who likes golf lol

I am very open minded about music and love a ton of different genres. One of them just happens to be metal haha except I think im probably the minority in liking the extreme stuff. I use to like the bands like Luke and other listed but since then have moved to the brutal guttural stuff haha. I dont always listen to metal, but when I do its extreme. Im hesitant to list bands because they sound crazy and people might think im some weirdo. I swear im just a normal person who likes golf lol

You aren't the only one here. Go to this thread:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?27-What-Are-You-Listening-To/page417

and look at some of the stuff posted by myself, Nighthawk117a, SkiBumGolfer, etc.

More of the brutal death metal / slamming category. I absolutely hate the brutal themes and disgusting song names but the music I enjoy

If the what are you listening to thread wasn't making it clear I am a metal head. I have just over 10000 songs on my zune right now and around another 10000 sitting on a spare hard drive that is all metal. I've gone to too many shows to list. I am really big into death metal but I go through listening phases. For example right now I am on a power metal binge listening to Gamma Rays and Iced Earth's new album a few weeks ago it was thrash metal. I'll probably be back on a death metal binge when Aborted's new album comes out in a few days.

I've been listening to a lot of Amon Amarth, Scar Symmetry, Symphony X, and Killswitch Engage lately. I'm not hugely into true death metal, I tend to lean towards melodeath/Gothenburg and proggy death/black metal, but there are a few pure death and brutal death bands I am a fan of - Dismember, Kataklysm, and Nile come to mind.

And Evok, I sympathize with you about a lot of people thinking my music is weird/horrible haha. Although even I can't really get into the goregrind type stuff.

Still digging a lot of the old school mixed with some newer stuff:
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Ozzy
Anthrax
Metal Church
Overkill
Queensryche
Pantera
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
Korn
System of a Down
Serj Tankian
Static-X
Disturbed
Stained

Let's revive this thread since I need some fellow metal heads to talk too :)

Been listening to a lot if Prog stuff lately because the guitar work is amazing. Also can't stop listening to Jeff Loomis's solo albums even though Nevermore is great!

I'll throw in an old project of mine from before I moved to Colorado. It was a 6 piece band in the vein of Mike Patton's stuff. Have always been very, very proud of it. Some of the most creative guys I've ever worked with.

www.soundcloud.com/fasinfrank

I'll throw in an old project of mine from before I moved to Colorado. It was a 6 piece band in the vein of Mike Patton's stuff. Have always been very, very proud of it. Some of the most creative guys I've ever worked with.

www.soundcloud.com/fasinfrank

Dude, that is great stuff man. Definitely should be proud. Sounds awesome.

Dude, that is great stuff man. Definitely should be proud. Sounds awesome.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate that. I really do love that stuff. Still makes the hair on my neck stand up!

I tossed this out in the Musician's thread, but I'll put it here too. This isn't my band, however I tracked/mixed/produced both EPs by this band, as well as their previous incarnation as "Withered Sun". Both are free downloads, for fans of blackened metal, Gothenburg bands, etc.

http://sauriel.bandcamp.com/

Looks like I've got some stuff to listen to soon!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I am a metal fan as well. I like August Burns Red, Once Nothing, Norma Jean (if you can count Hard Core), UnderØath, Becoming the Archetype, The Chariot.

Favorite songs:
"Disconecktie: The Faithful Vampire" - Norma Jean
"Creating Something Out of Nothing Only to Destroy It" - Norma Jean
"And Shot Each Other" - The Chariot
"And Then, Came Then" - The Chariot
"Terminate Damnation" - Becoming the Archetype
"Ocean of Apathy" - August Burns Red
"Meridian" - August Burns Red
"Rationalist" - August Burns Red
"Juliet or At Least What's Left of Her" - Once Nothing
"The Dust of A Town" - Once Nothing
"All My Heroes Are Cowboys" - Once Nothing

One of my friends with to school with the members of the band Luti-Kriss who went on to become Norma Jean. The lead singer of this band went on to become the lead singer of The Chariot. Makes the world seem small you know? He told me a story once where a teacher asked where this guy was and my friend replied that he was on tour with POD and that was when they were in High School. Pretty cool stuff.

Never thought I would meet another golfer talking about Norma Jean. Great band.

Side note: Hell Yeah, Volbeat, and FFDP are doing a show here in Orlando in October I believe. That is going to be one kick ass show. Right now Volbeat and FFDP are my favorite bands to listen to at work. Did a Pandora station for them and it is nothing but jams all day.

My latest fav albums are:

Trivuium - In Waves
Adelitas Way - (2009)
Volbeat - Heaven Above
Egypt Central - White Rabbit
Atreyu - Congregation of the Damned
Rise Against - End Game

Listened to the new Mastodon album and it was meh. The first two songs I liked but then it was just mediocre. I guess everything can't be Leviathan.

Back