A little help please - GolfLogix and Iphone

hopnstop

Reaction score
So I have finally joined the 21st Century and downloaded the Golflogix GPS App to my Iphone. I will use it (initially) ONLY for distance checking to hazards, greens, etc.
So i am curious what people have found is the best (and most battery-effective) way to use device on course.

Do you
1) Turn off auto-lock and leave phone on for whole round?;
2) leave GPS app on and let auto-lock kick in, just unlocking phone each shot ( i have it currently set to 5 minute auto-lock, next choice up is "never")?;
3) have any other choices I haven't considered?

thanks for help and input gang.

I do #2. It is a little bit of a pain, there's probably a better way to do it. That said, the advertisements with the free version of GL are more annoying than unlocking the phone every shot.

What I do is as soon as I get the info I need, I will hit the power button real quick which will lock the phone and turn the screen off. Before this little trick, I would run out of battery around 16, now I will have 40-50% battery left at the end of the round.

I upgraded so as to not have to deal with the advertisements and this helped with the battery from just the amount of time the screen is lit up.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do #2. It is a little bit of a pain, there's probably a better way to do it. That said, the advertisements with the free version of GL are more annoying than unlocking the phone every shot.

What I do is as soon as I get the info I need, I will hit the power button real quick which will lock the phone and turn the screen off. Before this little trick, I would run out of battery around 16, now I will have 40-50% battery left at the end of the round.

I upgraded so as to not have to deal with the advertisements and this helped with the battery from just the amount of time the screen is lit up.

Hope this helps

Helpful advice. Thanks guys.
Sounds like you both upgraded to fee-based to avoid ads? hadn't thought of that, i'll have to see how it goes with 1st use. Last thing i want is to be in fairway scrolling thru ads to get to info I need.
:)

I haven't upgraded yet but almost certainly will, just to avoid the ads.

I have a mophie battery case on my phone so lifespan is never an issue. I use it primarily to keep score, track putts and fairways, and if I'm not rushed distance off the tees. I use my laser rangefinder for yardage. The app is nice for a flyover of holes on unfamiliar courses too. I have the upgrades version as well.

Also make sure Bluetooth id off!

Which iPhone do you have? I couldn't make it thru a round with my i4 but since I got the i5 I can get thru a round and still have about 50% battery left including taking pics and posting to THP. I also have the upgraded version but the ads are only between holes on the free version IIRC. they weren't terrible.

I just hit the lock button after I get the info I need and move on. When I unlock the phone it takes a couple seconds to lock in the distance but not too bad.

Thanks for all the help guys. Morphie and battery pack (anker?) are interesting and B-tooth off is good suggestion.
I'm liking the "hit the lock button" idea. quick 4 digit password to reopen shouldn't slow anything down.
thanks again. cheers, marty

the premium upgrade is definitely worth it, in my opinion. i use #2.

Back