The Winter Olympics

Sorry - I haven't read this entire thread so you probably already discussed this, but weren't the women skiers in the Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit edition?

Yes there were a few of them in that issue.

Gasman - Since you're the fashion maven here - what is up with the weird snowboard jeans? Also, what do you think of Johnny Weir? I can't wait to see what he wears today.

Gasman - Since you're the fashion maven here - what is up with the weird snowboard jeans? Also, what do you think of Johnny Weir? I can't wait to see what he wears today.

I'm not Gasman, but all I gotta say is:

"Pants on the snow, pants on the snow"

I am far from a fashion maven but I wasnt digging the jean look.
As far as the figure skating goes, I just hope somebody wears a cape again. The dude with the feathers on his hand is pretty awesome as well.

haa haa, The BF and I have a nickname for Mr. Weir :laughing:

How was Norway allowed to wear white helmets in this game? I finally got to a TV and noticed it right away. Talk about confusing for the guys on the ice.

I love them both, I get into them like crazy. I start yelling at the Americans on timed events. My wife gets a kick out of it

On another note - I don't understand someone like Dale Begg-Smith who moves to another country to compete for that country. I'm glad he didn't win the gold.

There was a lot about Begg-Smith up here since it was Canada he left. From the story he didn't like Vancouver or something like that so wanted to leave. Also he wanted to start some controversial internet company and the BC or Canadian government wouldn't let him do it, so he left.

Not to mention that, he seems like a tool. He is protected by the Aussie coaches, not "allowing" him talk to any media other than their own. The Aussies were asked if he was in Vancouver the days before the start of the Olympics. They said he wasn't there yet, but he was scene an hour later going to talk to some Aussie media.

I dont have anything against Miller at all. Im just like you, a litte biased towards Quick because Im a Kings fan.

Kings fan eh? One of my favorite hockey "stories" was the 2000-2001 playoffs when the Kings back stopped by one of my all time favorite players, Felix Potvin sent the Red Wings packing in the first round.

Kings fan eh? One of my favorite hockey "stories" was the 2000-2001 playoffs when the Kings back stopped by one of my all time favorite players, Felix Potvin sent the Red Wings packing in the first round.

That was great year, Adam Deadmarsh was such a stud in that series. Ryan Miller got an assist today.

What in the world was Mr. Weir wearing on his head?!?!!?

What happens if the curlers accidentally step on or move the rocks that are just sitting there, as they sweep their rock down the ice? I haven't seen it happen, but I'm sure it must, once in a while. Is it a penalty? Does the rock not count and is removed?

One other thing, shouldn't this thread be in the Sports Forum to find it easier?

What happens if the curlers accidentally step on or move the rocks that are just sitting there, as they sweep their rock down the ice? I haven't seen it happen, but I'm sure it must, once in a while. Is it a penalty? Does the rock not count and is removed?

One other thing, shouldn't this thread be in the Sports Forum to find it easier?

They're not allowed to bump the other curled items that are already on the target/on the ice. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I recall one team that they had to step over the alredy placed curled items as to not interfere with them.

They're not allowed to bump the other curled items that are already on the target/on the ice. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I recall one team that they had to step over the alredy placed curled items as to not interfere with them.

I see them step over or around them all the time. But what happens if they do smack them?

ive been enjoying everything so far... its been one of the more interesting winter olympics in my memory

ive been enjoying everything so far... its been one of the more interesting winter olympics in my memory

And all the people falling because of the snow conditions. A few of the snowboarders fell and they were sooo close to finishing and quite a few of the women fell during the downhill skiing, the one where Lindsay Vonn won the gold!

I see them step over or around them all the time. But what happens if they do smack them?

I don't know! But they do have to be set back in their original position if the opposing team hits an opposing team's curled item!

gretchen bleiler shoulda won a medal if she didnt bail on the final hit... she was getting huge airs

Those ski jumpers are some gutsy people.

If this whole golf thing doesn't work out for John Daly, he could probably join the Norweigan Curling team. He already has the "uniform," so he has that going for him.

Better late then never but here is some double luge pics for you guys. Enjoy?
hackl_gal_l_01.jpg

9382.jpg

moffats306-cp.jpg

78963836.jpg

Seems pretty manly to me.

tv_snl_ambiguously_flying1.jpg

Thanks GM, I think I almost lost my breakfast.

Harry, that will be approved for the next olympics... men's double skeleton. Ace & Gary are the unofficial spokespeople.

I'm still waiting for the IOC to approve women's double luge/skeleton combined. :D

Awesome! Just finished watching Canada and Switzerland mens hockey! Wow a shootout!! Yay, Canada wn :clapp:

Sunday is US and Canada. Hockey is great this year in the olympics!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Back