Callaway Diablo Edge Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These came into the office today and are headed out to testers in the next couple of days. We should have some early feedback for you by the end of the week. They look great.

784599428_dAUaM-L-1.jpg

784599394_8Q4aP-L-1.jpg

784599370_GHsog-L-1.jpg

784599410_NobGf-L-1.jpg

Are these under the category of GI or SGI? The top lines look a little thick.

• Admin
I would consider them GI rather than SGI, but they are a little wider.

I'm not sure I like the abrupt change from the shaft to club head? Maybe just the picture, but doesn't look tapered. Nice looking irons though.

I have a set of these. Only played 2 rounds with them so I wouldn't be able to give a full review. So far I like them alot. Very forgiving, feel pretty good for a GI iron, seem to be as long as anything I have played. No problem chipping and hitting half shots with the GW and PW.

According to the Callaway info, these just step in to take the place of the Big Bertha line. I for one like the consolidation of the product line.

Very nice looking clubs. Hit them at Golf Galaxy and came away impressed. Not impressed enough to go from the Burners but still very very nice sticks. The top line is very thick and the other thing is sometimes at address you can see the bulge sticking out of the back where it says edge. Great irons though.

Very nice looking clubs. Hit them at Golf Galaxy and came away impressed. Not impressed enough to go from the Burners but still very very nice sticks. The top line is very thick and the other thing is sometimes at address you can see the bulge sticking out of the back where it says edge. Great irons though.

What's classifys a club as being SGI and just GI? I wonder.......

What's classifys a club as being SGI and just GI? I wonder.......

One YOU hit and one hits itself? I dunno....

Thicker sole, thicker topline. weighting is usually far different.

Thicker sole, thicker topline. weighting is usually far different.

Damn the topline on my x-22's is already thick enough I couldn't see it being any thicker without being distracting.

LOL i just wanted to have our avatars together......

lol I noticed it a while back. In my old works FF league they all liked the one of Romo sitting on the Seattle turf looking like he was going to cry.

Lets keep this one about the irons guys.

I always thought the top line didnt bother me but I really noticed it on these. That and the power band or bar thing in the back sticking out. Every time I looked down I saw that thing sticking out.

I always thought the top line didnt bother me but I really noticed it on these. That and the power band or bar thing in the back sticking out. Every time I looked down I saw that thing sticking out.

It may be because this is an 8 iron, but I dont see the band sticking out. I have the whole set here, so let me check a few others.

784599428_dAUaM-L-1.jpg

It may be because this is an 8 iron, but I dont see the band sticking out. I have the whole set here, so let me check a few others.

784599428_dAUaM-L-1.jpg

I think I was hitting the 7 iron. I had the Burner and Diablo comparing them. Or maybe I saw it when I was looking at the 4 iron.

just checking out the set, you can notice it on the 6 iron slightly and can see it a little more on the 5. So as you go lower, it will be a little more visible. I guess it just does not bother me.

Honestly I dont think it would stop me from buying them if I was really sold on how well they hit and worked for my swing. I can get used to about anything if I hit it well.

PING doesn't use ferules on most of its irons either. I think the S series was the first time.

image.jpg

Review on these will be up in the next week or so.

I wanted to give everybody a little preview on these. They are really long distance wise. Feel is what you expect from a GI iron of this size, but if someone is looking for a little extra distance, these are on par with anything I have hit to date.

Callaway Diablo Edge Irons

Anyone have any opinions on the Diablo Edge irons?I'm kind of torn between these and the Ping G15's.I don't have the chance to hit them outside,so I was hoping for some input from the THP family.

Anyone have any opinions on the Diablo Edge irons?I'm kind of torn between these and the Ping G15's.I don't have the chance to hit them outside,so I was hoping for some input from the THP family.

merged with the Diablo Irons thread. In a twist of fate, our review of them will be up tomorrow.

Back