THP TV - Bridgestone True Balance Putters

e4ybenyj.jpg

What a great sight to see, and knowing invitational winners are getting hooked up is even more cool!

Can't wait to hear THP feedback on these.

Cant wait to try this out. Really intriguing technology behind this putter so I will be interested to see how she does on the course. I cant thank THP and Bridgestone enough for the opportunity to roll one of these.

I got my hands on one at the Carolinas PGA Show back in February. It has an ultralight graphite shaft and a foam grip. I was not too keen on the grip. It just didnt feel right in my hands and was a little slick.

I rolled the true balance td01at the PGA store for about 45 min today. The grip definitely will take getting used to. To be honest I was expecting much heavier swing weight. The putter feels extremely light. So much to a point I was having a hard time feeling the head swing. I made sole good rolls and some ugly wobbly ones. More time needed for this one for sure

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I will be heading out tomorrow to roll the TrueBalance

I rolled the true balance td01at the PGA store for about 45 min today. The grip definitely will take getting used to. To be honest I was expecting much heavier swing weight. The putter feels extremely light. So much to a point I was having a hard time feeling the head swing. I made sole good rolls and some ugly wobbly ones. More time needed for this one for sure

Yeah that grip is certainly something different that's for sure. The lightness of the putter will definitely take some getting used to.

TD-01 is the mallet style correct? I hope a local GG has them in stock here so I can give it a roll to get a sense of what I'll be working with!

TD-01 is the mallet style correct? I hope a local GG has them in stock here so I can give it a roll to get a sense of what I'll be working with!

Yes that is the mallet. I rolled both mallet and blade. So light. Coming from mxm with two 20 gram weights is definitely night and day

Yes that is the mallet. I rolled both mallet and blade. So light. Coming from mxm with two 20 gram weights is definitely night and day

Hmmm...that's interesting for sure. I'm looking forward to getting one in my hands!

I'm really really excited to see if the Myrtle stores have them so I can roll them. Fired up to try out this true balance feature!

I'm really really excited to see if the Myrtle stores have them so I can roll them. Fired up to try out this true balance feature!

It definitely took me by surprise. I can honestly say there is no other putter that feels like the true balance models. So much so that I think I need to forget everything I THINK I know about putters to give this one a fair chance and let the tech do what it was designed to do. I will be going back to the PGA store soon to get more quality time with this one

That's really interesting KC. I would have thought I might feel heavier to you, but in retrospect, I think the "heavier" as described to us is the concentration of weight in the head....right? When you rolled these, what were you seeing with respect to the right miss elimination and proximity to the hole? We're you able to do any side by side testing on these and your putter yet?

Thanks for posting up your initial thoughts.

JM

That's really interesting KC. I would have thought I might feel heavier to you, but in retrospect, I think the "heavier" as described to us is the concentration of weight in the head....right? When you rolled these, what were you seeing with respect to the right miss elimination and proximity to the hole? We're you able to do any side by side testing on these and your putter yet?

Thanks for posting up your initial thoughts.

JM

I just went in and grabbed both models and rolled them. No side by side testing with traditional models. Because it took me by surprise how light they were I spent the whole time just trying to get familiar with them. More time is needed

I will be heading out tomorrow to roll the TrueBalance
I'd love to see a pic of it standing up on it's on! (Throw it up on twitter, I'm sure they'd love to see it!)

I'd love to see a pic of it standing up on it's on! (Throw it up on twitter, I'm sure they'd love to see it!)

I'm on it. Headed there right now.

It definitely took me by surprise. I can honestly say there is no other putter that feels like the true balance models. So much so that I think I need to forget everything I THINK I know about putters to give this one a fair chance and let the tech do what it was designed to do. I will be going back to the PGA store soon to get more quality time with this one

Might not be a bad thing. Take away a lot of the assumptions about putting and a lot of the silly little nuances we place in our strokes, and just roll the ball. I am looking forward to that fresh perspective.

You can see it in our 2014 PGA Show Coverage.

I just went in and grabbed both models and rolled them. No side by side testing with traditional models. Because it took me by surprise how light they were I spent the whole time just trying to get familiar with them. More time is needed

How did you like the grip?

Wouldn't quite stand up due to carpet or possibly plastic around grip. Sales associate said it does stand up on the cement.

How did you like the grip?
Actually I was surprised about grip. Based on comments regarding it being spongy I didn't feel that. Once again could be due to plastic.

Some in hand pics...
a6ebezuv.jpg
buhe3emu.jpg

Wouldn't quite stand up due to carpet or possibly plastic around grip. Sales associate said it does stand up on the cement.

Actually I was surprised about grip. Based on comments regarding it being spongy I didn't feel that. Once again could be due to plastic.

Some in hand pics...
a6ebezuv.jpg
buhe3emu.jpg

Lookin' good!

Now that I am no longer driving I'd like to offer up some initial thoughts...

Appearance:
The minute I walked in the golf store, that yellow grip stood out from across the way. Thinking back now I wish I would have snapped a picture. Just seeing the yellow perked the excitement level!

TD-01 For a mallet style putter the head was smaller than I am used to seeing. Nonetheless the design and shape were appealing to the eye. Upon picking the putter up, you can't be amazed at how light it feels.
TD-03 Typical blade sized putter head that you would normally see.
(The golf shop only had the graphite style in stock, which kind of surprised me.)

Roll:
The roll of the insert was pure and reminded me of the sound I have been getting from the Spider Si.

Overall I think this putter could be revolutionary for some (graphite) and others may prefer (steel) shafts. There will definitely be a learning curve getting used to how light the putter feels as I was hitting the ball by the hole a few feet. I will be making frequent stops to the pro shop over the next few weeks.

Do you think the putter helped prevent deceleration?

That was one of the pieces I tested while I was there. I tried to decelerate and couldn't do it, nice contact on the ball.

Do you think the putter helped prevent deceleration?

Now that I am no longer driving I'd like to offer up some initial thoughts...

Appearance:
The minute I walked in the golf store, that yellow grip stood out from across the way. Thinking back now I wish I would have snapped a picture. Just seeing the yellow perked the excitement level!

TD-01 For a mallet style putter the head was smaller than I am used to seeing. Nonetheless the design and shape were appealing to the eye. Upon picking the putter up, you can't be amazed at how light it feels.
TD-03 Typical blade sized putter head that you would normally see.
(The golf shop only had the graphite style in stock, which kind of surprised me.)

Roll:
The roll of the insert was pure and reminded me of the sound I have been getting from the Spider Si.

Overall I think this putter could be revolutionary for some (graphite) and others may prefer (steel) shafts. There will definitely be a learning curve getting used to how light the putter feels as I was hitting the ball by the hole a few feet. I will be making frequent stops to the pro shop over the next few weeks.

what store has it?

Back