loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Hey THPers,

I've started looking at some new(ish) 3 woods, and two that stick out to me are the RBZ Stage 2 and the Covert. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $80-$125. Any ideas on which is better, or a different one that I didn't mention?

Both are good I would go try to hit them if you can i personally prefer the Stage 2

I have a stage 2, possibly one of the best 3w I've ever owned. Used to hate hate hate hitting my 3w and after going through a few gave up on them. Picked up a mates stage 2 one day on the course and used it for the rest of the arvo. Admittedly I dont hit 3w from the deck, only the tee but damn I love it.

I have a stage 2, possibly one of the best 3w I've ever owned. Used to hate hate hate hitting my 3w and after going through a few gave up on them. Picked up a mates stage 2 one day on the course and used it for the rest of the arvo. Admittedly I dont hit 3w from the deck, only the tee but damn I love it.
How do you think it would perform off the deck?

At my local club I wouldnt have an issue hitting it off the fairway, but how I swing just doesnt lend itself to hitting any 3w off the deck so instead I use a hybrid. My Dad when looking for a new set spent about 5 or 6 rounds hitting the 3w s2 off the deck and loved it.

When I went to purchase it I did the right thing and hit a few other 3w on the monitors I felt like I really had to push them. I like the S2 because it feels like it explodes off the face and I just have to focus on making good contact, not muscling it around to get it to do what I want and up.

The nike has given me great results and I've always struggled with woods off the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a covert 5w that I love, haven't hit the 3 wood but I would assume they are very similar in feel. Personally I'm not a fan of the ball rocketing (pun intended) off the face, I had the stage one 3w and I was wild with it and ultimately traded it in, it was crazy crazy long but I prefer consistently over distance and with my covert i don't hesitate to let it rip when I have to. Just my .02, take a look at the mizuno jpx series woods, not a lot of love in the world for them but I demoed one after buying my covert and I would have bought that instead, could easily find one in your price range

The nike has given me great results and I've always struggled with woods off the deck.

I'll just add that I also got it off global golf in good condition with the headcover for 60 shipped.

I'll just add that I also got it off global golf in good condition with the headcover for 60 shipped.

^^^^This is what I would do. That's a crazy deal, FWIW the red paint on the coverts is really tough, I've Sky'd a few with my driver with no harm done and I swing very hard haha

I assume globalgolf is reputable and reliable?

RBZ Stage 2 is a beast off the tee but wasn't great for me off the deck so I swapped it out for the G25. A little shorter off the tee but way easier off the deck for me.

The Stage 2 tour was very good of both the deck and tee

I haven't hit the Stage 2, but the original RBZ 3W is sitting in my bag and is a bit of a bomber off the tee (ask a few of the UK members who have seen me hit it :D)

From the deck it all depends on the lie for me, but I don't tend to hit it often, I would rather lay up with a long iron or even use my 5W (RBZ as well)

I did keep a fairly close eye on the Stage 2 thread when they came out and a few people encouraged me to give it a try as it was supposedly even better than the original, so I wouldn't discount it

Would say the TM stage 2 is your better choice, I have tried that one. Very nice solid results, sound and feel.

I have the stage 2 and love it. Off the tee or off the deck, this thing can flat out move a ball. Everyone that has seen me use this club knows that I love the stage 2. Go look at the Stage 2 review that was done last spring. There is some good info there, to maybe help with your decision. I would post the link for you, but my phone search can't seem to locate it.

I struggle off the deck, but the Nike covert has been excellent. I picked it up for 50 on eBay.

Sent from my Note 3

I have the stage 2 and love it. Off the tee or off the deck, this thing can flat out move a ball. Everyone that has seen me use this club knows that I love the stage 2. Go look at the Stage 2 review that was done last spring. There is some good info there, to maybe help with your decision. I would post the link for you, but my phone search can't seem to locate it.

Links

One

Two

I love my Stage 2. I have also heard hgood things about last years xhot. My suggestion would be to go hit as much as possible.

I love my Stage 2. I have also heard hgood things about last years xhot. My suggestion would be to go hit as much as possible.

I would have to agree with this completely. There are quite a few good 3w or there right now. Go hit some as many as you can and find you like.

I have a mashie for sale in the marketplace. I am not sure what shaft flex you need but I can accommodate a regular or stiff flex. It sounds like you pretty well have your mind made up on a TM, but the mashie is easy to hit.

I assume globalgolf is reputable and reliable?

4 of the clubs in my bag have come from GlobalGolf. I ordered 3 Taylormade ATV wedges in "good" condition for $29 each and the Covert 3W for $60. All arrived in very playable condition with plenty of life left. They also have an Ebay store where even better deals can be had.

Back