More Power - Lessons with Leadbetter & Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New video in the series with Callaway Golf and David Leadbetter

I want to pick up 50 yards!

Solid tip there, gonna toy with that right foot back today allowing better flexibility.

I want 50 yards then i would be an avg Internet golfer

I need all the help I can get, will certainly be trying this one out (and a few others)

Might help me with the all arms swing

• Admin
I was fortunate enough to have a lesson from him last year and those that have played with me, know I picked up more distance than I ever imagined I could with a single lesson. I am hoping to have 3 more with him this year.

I was fortunate enough to have a lesson from him last year and those that have played with me, know I picked up more distance than I ever imagined I could with a single lesson. I am hoping to have 3 more with him this year.

#beyondjealous

Love these. I don't know about getting fifty yards, but sure give it a try.
Thanks THP and Callaway

Seems like a very good tip was it similar to what you were told in your lesson?

Ok, so obviously this guy is one of the top teachers in golf but there is something that is bugging me about what he showed. Not the actual tip itself, it is fine. A longer swing with better turn will definitely help get more power. But when he sets up to hit the ball it is in the middle of his stance and he has the same kind of shaft lean that I'd have with an 8 iron. That is going to promote a negative angle of attack with increased back spin and decreased launch angle. All these things hinder distance. But who am I to find fault in David Leadbetter.

3 more lessons should get you about 150 more yards!

I would be in awe in his presence. Just to be around that much knowledge and experience would be inspiring.

This lesson was just for me.....
Thanks!

Thanks for sharing I'm going to try and get out and tinker with it today.

Ok, so obviously this guy is one of the top teachers in golf but there is something that is bugging me about what he showed. Not the actual tip itself, it is fine. A longer swing with better turn will definitely help get more power. But when he sets up to hit the ball it is in the middle of his stance and he has the same kind of shaft lean that I'd have with an 8 iron. That is going to promote a negative angle of attack with increased back spin and decreased launch angle. All these things hinder distance. But who am I to find fault in David Leadbetter.

Did you by chance see the first video about angle of attack with the driver?

Seems like a very good tip was it similar to what you were told in your lesson?

In a round about sort of way, yes. Although with him standing there it was obviously more in depth, and more of him saying "Seriously what was that", as I took swings. But he beat a few things into me and I have been happy ever since.

Did you by chance see the first video about angle of attack with the driver?
Probably but I don't remember his video about it. I've been thought that lesson before by other teaching pros, though.

Probably but I don't remember his video about it. I've been thought that lesson before by other teaching pros, though.

To feel like your left hip is higher at address?

I mean who would not want 50 more yards. sounds interesting.

In a round about sort of way, yes. Although with him standing there it was obviously more in depth, and more of him saying "Seriously what was that", as I took swings. But he beat a few things into me and I have been happy ever since.

Sounds like it worked what a great person to take lessons from

To feel like your left hip is higher at address?
Yeah I guess that is what positioning the ball farther forward and tilting your spine back a little can feel like. That is just another way of describing the set up. And again, us visual learners see more than just that tip in the video.

did that last night and was hitting my personal best out at 269 yards. Not bad for a 5'9 150lb guy.

Interesting, I'll have to try it. Wouldn't mind some extra yards

I've tried this and it does help you coil in your backswing. I'm going to revisit this set up and see if I can harness the power!

Great tip, I liked when he said "Pull your right foot back a little bit, many of the greats...Ben Hogan, Sam Snead did this." I wanted to add Josh B to the list, he really has that right foot back a bit.

Another excellent video, I could always use a bit more power!

Back