DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone playing this weekend?

I have baseball for the kid this weekend so my weekend is shoot

Weekend after the Masters is Easter weekend. Is weekend what will work best for everyone?

Whoops. Didn't realize that. Definitely puts Sunday out for most then.

I heard from some other buddies last night that are playing Worthington Manor on the 19th.

So maybe we can look at Sunday the 27th. We could call it The King Jr. Ha since it will be going on in Orlando at the same time.

Kev-I can't make this weekend, sorry.

I would have to find child care if we did it the 27th cause the wife has to work. I can definitely do the 26th but if Sunday works better for other I can work on getting some care

I'm down with pretty much any weekend other than April 26/27 and Memorial Day.

I've got a tee time for Brambleton on Sunday. Think I'm gonna get my walk on for a change. Lord knows my waist could use it. Pretty sure we have a foursome but I'll post if we need a fourth.

CAA kinda figured. No biggie. Had to burn three vaca days this year with the snow!!!!
Might have to set up Queenstown at some point...

Love Queenstown. Haven't been there in years

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I am probably gonna just play at Pinecrest on Sunday. It is just a little executive 9 but I play for free and it is so close to my house.

I will let you all know what time. I can't play tomorrow due to wonderful class from 9 to 4. Oh joy

Haven't played Pinecrest since high school .... the old pinecrest was where I learned to play as a kid

Oh. Ok I missed that in your post. We are probably passing each other on Rockville Pike each AM.

That said. You MUST play WM. It annually hosts the local qualifier for the US Open. I like to deprive it as the fairest toughest course I've played. I took a couple buddies there for the first time two years ago. Now they play it so much they act like they told me about it. Ha

PB Dye is great as well. Some very challenging holes and oh yeah those pretzel dogs!!!

Big Fan of WM! VERY challenging course... #3 is a butt kicker...

Kev

I am playing a course in York called Honey Run tomorrow at 9 - might have an opening if you are interested!

Big Fan of WM! VERY challenging course... #3 is a butt kicker...

No doubt. But my good friend UVAWahoo had the right approach attitude about that hole. He calls it a not so hard par 5....LOL

No doubt. But my good friend UVAWahoo had the right approach attitude about that hole. He calls it a not so hard par 5....LOL

Honestly - unless I have a really good breeze at my back ( which has never happened! ) that is exactly how I play it!

I can't play on any Sundays...but I'll try to make it on a Saturday if I can.

Haven't played Pinecrest since high school .... the old pinecrest was where I learned to play as a kid

Nice. It isn't much but for the price and proximity to my house I can't beat it. I usually go around 2 times with a push cart.

Kev

I am playing a course in York called Honey Run tomorrow at 9 - might have an opening if you are interested!
I'm in a group tomorrow. Thanks though

CAA kinda figured. No biggie. Had to burn three vaca days this year with the snow!!!!
Might have to set up Queenstown at some point...
We played the lakes course a couple weeks ago. Spring aeration is done. There was still some sand but they were rolling pretty decent. They had a bunch of winter kill and water kill on the fairways out on the back side. 14-16.

9 am tee time for me at Pinecrest. Definitely gonna do replay to get some extra swings in

Moved my tee time to 4 a little too chilly this AM.

Moved my tee time to 4 a little too chilly this AM.

Good thinking there! I couldn't believe how cold it was up my way yesterday! I had opening day for my boys baseball and the kid had about 10 layers on, I'm surprised he could throw the ball.

Good thinking there! I couldn't believe how cold it was up my way yesterday! I had opening day for my boys baseball and the kid had about 10 layers on, I'm surprised he could throw the ball.

Haha I bet. I went out to get coffee for the wife and made the call.

Played in the member/staff outing yesterday at Laurel Hill. The members won 21 of 25 match play pairings. I had a horrible day & got drilled 7 and 6 :arrogant:

DC MD VA Area Chat

Just putting this out there. We have one spot left in a fantastic event called Solstice Survival.

If any of you are familiar with Golfstyles Magazine they have been holding these events for close to 15 years and we've played the last 10 years.

The skinny, 54 holes stroke play tourney on June 30th At Musket Ridge. Tee off at 600 and finish up around 7:00. Cost is $235 includes your golf beverages and food all day and the awards dinner afterward.

PM me or post any questions. GS also has the spot up for anyone to sign up for so it could go quickly.

Just putting this out there. We have one spot left in a fantastic event called Solstice Survival.

If any of you are familiar with Golfstyles Magazine they have been holding these events for close to 15 years and we've played the last 10 years.

The skinny, 54 holes stroke play tourney on June 30th At Musket Ridge. Tee off at 600 and finish up around 7:00. Cost is $235 includes your golf beverages and food all day and the awards dinner afterward.

PM me or post any questions. GS also has the spot up for anyone to sign up for so it could go quickly.
If you've not had the pleasure of plying Musket Ridge...do your self a favor and get out there. $235 is a great price, this course is normally in the 100 range. I'm out of town duriing this event.

DC MD VA Area Chat

If you've not had the pleasure of plying Musket Ridge...do your self a favor and get out there. $235 is a great price, this course is normally in the 100 range. I'm out of town duriing this event.

No doubt the golf alone is worth it.

And seriously we all eat and drink at least $75 to $100 of food and drinks all day. They serve beer on course all day. I can't personally drink and play but a lot manage to do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back