Branson Golf, 2014 edition

I recently joined the site. I'm 30 minutes from Brason and interested if newcomers are welcome.

You bet!!! ALWAYS WELCOMED
Lets not forget this thread

I live in Springfield Missouri which is about 45 min north of Branson. Myself and a buddy are playing Payne Stewart in Branson this next Sunday 03-30-2014. Anyone wanting to join in, let me know via PM or reply to this thread.

Although I can't play in Branson on the March 30, we all should try to keep this one alive. Branson was a great time. My vote for sure includes Murder Rock, but that's probably just because I played the back 9 so well, and this year, I have gps on my phone to get rid of the total lack of yardage markers on that course. I liked Branson Creek, but for a similar price as Ledgestone and Murder Rock, it was the worst of the 3 courses in terms of 'niceness.' And this year, if we do replay Ledgestone, I'm going to wear a custom shirt with an arrow and words on my back that says "Aim Here," and stand next to Bulldog the whole day. :laughing:

~Rock

I'd love to make it up and play Branson this year. My wife's aunt and uncle just retired to Branson and bought a home on the Pointe Royale golf course. They have been trying to get us to come up for a visit, but it will be hard to pull off this year since we are in the process of building a house and doing a lot of the work ourself.

I'd be interested....although May would be a tough month for me. Please keep me updated!

This one is still on my radar, just waiting for a few things to shake out. With such a busy THP schedule, planning around the 14 awesome events gets a little tricky, but it looks like there may be some time in August that is free. Granted, I believe there is some talk of another event in 2014 that has yet to be scheduled, but we'll see how that all shakes out.

Interested

I just was told a few days ago that Murder rock is done......they are supposedly completely blowing up the course and building a totally different golf course on and around the original Murder Rock course. I have not verified that to be 100% accurate! but it have heard that from multiple very reliable sources. Still really aggravated that I missed the THP outing last year at Ledgestone, hopefully we can get enough guys interested to get another outing down this way again.

Wow, I really liked the layout of it when we played it last year.
Who owns it now?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Who owns it now?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Johnny Morris (owner of Bass Pro Shops) bought both Murder Rock and Branson Creek (renamed to Buffalo Ridge). There will be a Champions Tour event at Buffalo ridge this coming June 2-8 with play at 2 different courses over the 3 days. One day at BR and 2 days at top of the Rock (18 hole executive par 3 course) also owned by Johnny Morris. It will be the first time a PGA event will be held at a par 3 course......amazing what one can accomplish when you have a net worth of over 4 billion.

If they can make it better then I sure would love to play it again.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Who owns it now?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

The courses are under the Big Cedar umbrella. Don't know it's all going to play out but long term it will be part of the big cedar network. Will be a getaway for everyone type of thing.

Johnny Morris (owner of Bass Pro Shops) bought both Murder Rock and Branson Creek (renamed to Buffalo Ridge). There will be a Champions Tour event at Buffalo ridge this coming June 2-8 with play at 2 different courses over the 3 days. One day at BR and 2 days at top of the Rock (18 hole executive par 3 course) also owned by Johnny Morris. It will be the first time a PGA event will be held at a par 3 course......amazing what one can accomplish when you have a net worth of over 4 billion.

I didn't think Branson Creek was nice enough for Tour play. Hope they put some work into it.

~Rock

I didn't think Branson Creek was nice enough for Tour play. Hope they put some work into it.

~Rock

Really? The course is amazing in my opinion. Lack of a club house was only thing holding it back

I didn't think it was that great.. It's nice yes, but I didn't think all that much nicer than murder rock or ledgestone and I happened to enjoy both of those more than Branson creek

Branson creek was the one you pass on the way to murder rock right?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Branson creek was the one you pass on the way to murder rock right?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Yes. Branson Creek was fun for sure, but Murder Rock and Ledgestone were far nicer in terms of turf quality I thought. It would be hilarious if they still didn't build a clubhouse, tour players getting changed in tents or the trailer.

~rock

Lol agreed but doubt that happens.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Still interested

There is a Champions tour event in June at Buffalo Run (Branson Creek) and Top of the Rock

Lol agreed but doubt that happens.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

I am really surprised that a lot of guys are saying they liked Murder rock better than Branson Creek. I have yet to hear that sentiment from any of the local guys I play with. It has been almost 2 years since I last played Branson Creek, so maybe they let the place go a bit, but with Johnny Morris taking over the course, and doing quite a bit of renovation, I think you guys will have a different outlook the next time you play the course. You also need to play the Payne Stewart tribute course in Branson......it is a very nice course, and will give even the best players all they can handle from the tips. I would rank the courses in Branson in the following order based on my last experience with Branson Creek.

1. Branson Creek
2. Payne Stewart (you could swap #1 & #2 on this list any given day)
3. Ledgestone
4. Murder Rock (no longer open)
5. Thousand Hills
6. Pointe Royale

Just my .02

I am really surprised that a lot of guys are saying they liked Murder rock better than Branson Creek. I have yet to hear that sentiment from any of the local guys I play with. It has been almost 2 years since I last played Branson Creek, so maybe they let the place go a bit, but with Johnny Morris taking over the course, and doing quite a bit of renovation, I think you guys will have a different outlook the next time you play the course. You also need to play the Payne Stewart tribute course in Branson......it is a very nice course, and will give even the best players all they can handle from the tips. I would rank the courses in Branson in the following order based on my last experience with Branson Creek.

1. Branson Creek
2. Payne Stewart (you could swap #1 & #2 on this list any given day)
3. Ledgestone
4. Murder Rock (no longer open)
5. Thousand Hills
6. Pointe Royale

Just my .02

That shocks me as well. All the local guys I play with have Branson creek number 1 as well.
Your list is close to mine except I don't include thousand hills, it is manicured nice but it's just barely above a par 3 course

Back