Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

If you guys do this again let me know, wish I could have made it

We definitely will do it again TMGulby and Buzz, will keep you posted. Probably won't be till after #TheKing, but definitely will.

Sorry for the late reply, but if it wasn't already clear, I am 100% in for this. Thanks for taking the lead on this Curt, I haven't had much access to a computer lately due to traveling.

Can't do this Saturday unless you want two young kids tagging along (although they can golf me under the table). With some notice, I'd be interested in an outing on this side of the border.

Hope you guys have a blast.

If anyone wants to make the trek down to Portland, Fupresti and I are playing 4/13 at 12:57 at Langdon Farms. This is a pretty nice course, definitely drains well. $45-ish pp, walking rate. We're likely going to hit a brew-pub after the round for dinner. Anyone interested in joining us?

If anyone wants to make the trek down to Portland, Fupresti and I are playing 4/13 at 12:57 at Langdon Farms. This is a pretty nice course, definitely drains well. $45-ish pp, walking rate. We're likely going to hit a brew-pub after the round for dinner. Anyone interested in joining us?

I might have to take you up on that this summer when the weather turns and the 6 hour drive will be worth it. I hear you guys have some amazing courses down there.

I need the whereabouts, etc. And I may be good. I can't travel to Canada right now, but would love to later on.

I really wish I could, Frank, but that is a really long drive, especially after just getting back from a road trip down the coast and back up to Northern Washington. I might be able to swing down that way after The King at some point though, maybe May or June. My girlfriend is out of town a whole week in mid May where I'll be looking for stuff to do, so that could work.

Saturday, April 12th
Mainly Sunny
High 14C
Low 7C
P.O.P 20%

I know its wrong to look at long term forecasts.... but I do it anyway.

Where do the majority want to play? I only know (have only played) 2 courses here on the island....
Rob

I was thinking somewhere in or around Bellingham or the border.
Does that work for you Navyhacker?

Looks like we have 5 for sure and 6 if Navyhacker can make it. 5 is a pretty crappy number for golf but I'll volunteer to play in a twosome or solo if 4 others want to play together.

I'll be unable to book a reservation tomorrow as I'll be in the States all day and my phone no worky down there.

I was thinking somewhere in or around Bellingham or the border.
Does that work for you Navyhacker?

Looks like we have 5 for sure and 6 if Navyhacker can make it. 5 is a pretty crappy number for golf but I'll volunteer to play in a twosome or solo if 4 others want to play together.

I'll be unable to book a reservation tomorrow as I'll be in the States all day and my phone no worky down there.

Bellingham is already an hour and fifteen each way for me, so I'd rather not go any further south than that for April golf if its not a big deal.

If another person is needed I can ask my bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking we should try either Loomis Trail or Semiahmoo. They are right across the line for us Canucks and look fantastic!

http://www.semiahmoogolf.com/

From what I can gather they are both tough. Loomis Trail looks to be more links style with lots of water and less trees while Semiahmoo looks to be tree lined and tight and a little shorter, but minimal water. Looks like a great practice/warm-up area too.
I'm leaning towards Semiahmoo myself as I just love Palmer designs 9 times out of 10.

Anyone have preferences? Everyone OK with this?

I want to book for no later than 9am because the border lineups are just crazy stupid anytime after 7:30am. I think I'll try to book 2 threesomes and then we can try to wrangle an extra golfer.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST - Semiahmoo is private that day, and Loomis Trail is punching the greens on the 7th/8th.

That seems great for me. Good pick :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard good things about Shuksan also Homestead is easy access if the plan is to cross the border and get some extra freedom with our round.

We could play Homestead up in Lynden or Padden In Bellingham. North Bellingham is also an option, but personally I would rather not play there. Though if you guys wanted to I'd have no problem with it. Only other one I can think of that wouldn't be too bad for those north of the border is Grandview, but that place is a hole. Just throwing things out there. I'm up for whatever.

Does someone have time tomorrow to call and see when Padden or Homestead have punched the greens? Or am I the only one worried about it haha?

I need the whereabouts, etc. And I may be good. I can't travel to Canada right now, but would love to later on.

Navyhacker are any of those courses going to work for you?

I can call Padden and Homestead tomorrow if either of those work for NavyHacker. I'm pretty sure Homestead hasn't yet. Golfnow has an aeration alert thing now, and it's not on there for homestead. With my luck though, they'd do it tomorrow now that I've said that. hahaha

Based on the winter conditions I've seen around, Padden or North Bellingham will probably be in the best shape. I'm down for wherever though, the only thing that worries me about Homestead is that it gets really wet from what I've heard, so that could end up being a slog through the mud. Shuksan would probably be similar.

We could always hit up hazelmere or northview or one of the other ones on this side close to the border too if it would be better.

nvm I'm slow. Navy can't do this side.

Sorry guys, I'm out. I wrenched the bejasus out of my back yesterday. Going back to Chiropractic next week. Hope to meet up when I get back in June.
Rob

Sorry guys, I'm out. I wrenched the bejasus out of my back yesterday. Going back to Chiropractic next week. Hope to meet up when I get back in June.
Rob

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Will definitely have to get together another time, let us know once you feel better.

So looks like myself, ArmyGolf, Jaysfan, checkered, and ddelloch. 5 is kind of a crappy number as previously mentioned, but not a problem - we can always switch up the pairings for the back 9 if people want to play with the whole group. And ddelloch, looks like the Canadian side courses can be an option now, since Navy can't make it - although I was sorry to hear it.

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Will definitely have to get together another time, let us know once you feel better.

So looks like myself, ArmyGolf, Jaysfan, checkered, and ddelloch. 5 is kind of a crappy number as previously mentioned, but not a problem - we can always switch up the pairings for the back 9 if people want to play with the whole group. And ddelloch, looks like the Canadian side courses can be an option now, since Navy can't make it - although I was sorry to hear it.

Hazelmere and The Ridge both punched the greens at the end of March, and the Canal is closed this week due to punching/sanding. The Ridge may be somewhat recovered by now but it's a bit pricey especially if the conditions aren't ideal.
I think to make this work we are just going to have to risk a little bumpiness on the greens. It's that time of year.

Should we book a twosome and a 3 some? Or a 4some and a single? I could book 2 3somes if someone wants to bring a friend.

Back