Michigan hackers, check in here

Can't wait until I don't have to drive 1/2 way across the country to golf!

Can't wait until I don't have to drive 1/2 way across the country to golf!

You are AMAZING, I have been following along with your travels and it's unbelievable! You must go through a car a year at this pace.

You are AMAZING, I have been following along with your travels and it's unbelievable! You must go through a car a year at this pace.

He's going to have a new one for the second half of the THP season!

He's going to have a new one for the second half of the THP season!

I would say he needs a Smart car, but I don't think he could get the clubs in there.

I would say he needs a Smart car, but I don't think he could get the clubs in there.

Haha this is true. I don't think he needs a different car, just a big ole hammer on the hood and a THP window sticker haha

Fiat 500 L for all that extra space

Got in 18 today at Maple Lane on the White course. Shot a 90 and felt good about it. First round of the year and the longest club in my bag was my 4w that was rolling out to 220 yards.

My putting was just awful though. 42 putts. At least 9 of those I should have holed but they were all coming up short.

I know the feeling Adam. If I had any feel for putts today I'd have shaved at least 5 strokes off my score for 9. Part of it is this new putter, part of it is the greens at my home course are so slow. I love the Legacy greens so much more as a rule. With only two exceptions, all my swings tee to green today were no worse than good, many very good. Putting is holding me back right now.

Got in 18 today at Maple Lane on the White course. Shot a 90 and felt good about it. First round of the year and the longest club in my bag was my 4w that was rolling out to 220 yards.

My putting was just awful though. 42 putts. At least 9 of those I should have holed but they were all coming up short.

Nice dude! Bertha on the way? Putt for dough gents! Hope this week of weather allows courses to get greens rolling true.

Nice dude! Bertha on the way? Putt for dough gents! Hope this week of weather allows courses to get greens rolling true.

Bertha is on the way. Don't know when it will get here.

Headed for a round at Devil's Ridge. I can't believe how many places are still closed.

I went and played Sunnybrook. Pretty easy course that I haven't played in years. It was $12 for 18 holes and a cart on Golfnow.
I shot a 78, 8 over par. The course was real wet in spots. On one hole both of us hit the green on our second shot and our balls both got plugged.
But it was a fun day, nice and sunny.

I went and played Sunnybrook. Pretty easy course that I haven't played in years. It was $12 for 18 holes and a cart on Golfnow.
I shot a 78, 8 over par. The course was real wet in spots. On one hole both of us hit the green on our second shot and our balls both got plugged.
But it was a fun day, nice and sunny.

Yeah, my course is the same way. May or may not have been the 2 inches of rain we got Monday with still frozen ground. Still just nice to get outside!

Yeah, my course is the same way. May or may not have been the 2 inches of rain we got Monday with still frozen ground. Still just nice to get outside!
It is GREAT to get out and knock it around! It's amazing that it's only 55 degrees out but it feels like 70. That was a long winter.

Devils ridge was really nice. A little wet but they did a good job for it to be playable.

Was only going to play 9. Shot a 45 on the front. Decided to play the back and shot 55. My buddy and I both cranked our drives on 17 right into the pond blocking the hole. One of the many mishaps on the back 9.

Still was great to get out there. A mini celebration for finishing my last day of law school.

Devils ridge was really nice. A little wet but they did a good job for it to be playable.

Was only going to play 9. Shot a 45 on the front. Decided to play the back and shot 55. My buddy and I both cranked our drives on 17 right into the pond blocking the hole. One of the many mishaps on the back 9.

Still was great to get out there. A mini celebration for finishing my last day of law school.

Congrats on the last day of school!!!

Went and played 18 at The Fountains in Clarkston. First and last time I'll play there. Course layout had no flow to it and they painted the greens with green spray paint.

Went and played 18 at The Fountains in Clarkston. First and last time I'll play there. Course layout had no flow to it and they painted the greens with green spray paint.

Are your shoes/socks green? Haha

I have never heard of painting the greens before. Is this something that is done by other clubs?

I have never heard of painting the greens before. Is this something that is done by other clubs?

I know we occasionally put a hint of green dye in when we spray certain chemicals, especially on the greens.

I know we occasionally put a hint of green dye in when we spray certain chemicals, especially on the greens.

That may have been it then.

That may have been it then.

They probably got destroyed by disease over the winter and are trying to make it look nice while the snow mold and poa kills the grass.

Back