Staff Bags & Using Them

So I saw the new Arnold Palmer 50th anniversary edition staff bag today.....

Oh my gosh do I want it. So. Freaking. Bad.

So I saw the new Arnold Palmer 50th anniversary edition staff bag today.....

Oh my gosh do I want it. So. Freaking. Bad.

Just saw it as well and almost walked out with it, however I would have been looking for a new place to live.

Just saw it as well and almost walked out with it, however I would have been looking for a new place to live.

Haha! I said the same thing. I did tell the owner that if he still has it at the end of the season I will take it off his hands.

I used to think one had to play to a certain skill level to use one, until i came to this site and realized that there are a lot of people out there just playing what they like and why shouldn't it be that way!!! Plus, with all the MC talk and watching some old footage on youtube, I got the itch for a staff bag. For kicks, I decided to browse CL last week and see if there was anything out there. Low and behold, 5 minutes away from me was this mid size staffer for $100. I believe its a 2011 model, but badass none the less. Jumped all over it and glad I did!!!! Would never have considered one if not for THP.

I picked up a Srixon Staff bag today on the Bay. I have always liked the room Staff bags provide for all your goodies and how easily clubs come in and out of the bag (especially since I use Oversize grips) and although I will never be on Tour, I do like the look as well. And why not Look Good while you are out there!
$_57.JPG

I have no problem with anybody choosing to play a staff bag. Me personally they are too big for my liking and take up too much space in my trunk, but I have no problem with anybody who uses them, but personally even though they look cool I think they are impractical.

The new staff bag came in today. Going have to transfer over the club's from the prize bag though.
2u9a7umy.jpg

I can't wait to see that beautiful bag in July. Gonna look good with my name on it.

Didn't want to start a new thread on this so I thought I'd ask here.
A friend of mine gave me a nice Cleveland Staff Bag awhile back.
It used to have his name on it but all the embroidery was removed before I got it.
Being a white bag, you can see the name from the pin holes left in the leather
What's the best way to possibly fill this in? Leather repair kit maybe?
He had a rather long name, so putting a patch over it isn't the best option.

Maybe get a logo of a sports team you like to put over it? Or something similar.

You could do a logo to cover up a majority of the area, leaving you only a smaller section to "repair".

You could do your last name, only in larger font if it isn't as long, on a patch and have that sewn over that area as well.

Didn't want to start a new thread on this so I thought I'd ask here.
A friend of mine gave me a nice Cleveland Staff Bag awhile back.
It used to have his name on it but all the embroidery was removed before I got it.
Being a white bag, you can see the name from the pin holes left in the leather
What's the best way to possibly fill this in? Leather repair kit maybe?
He had a rather long name, so putting a patch over it isn't the best option.
Is the panel removable? My brother in law owns a commercial custom embroidery company--I'm sure he/we/us could come up with something awesome to cover up the pin holes.

Is the panel removable? My brother in law owns a commercial custom embroidery company--I'm sure he/we/us could come up with something awesome to cover up the pin holes.

That sounds great, Pete. I'll have to check when I get home and let you know.
I've only brought it on the course once and have just been using it for my extra clubs lately.

That sounds great, Pete. I'll have to check when I get home and let you know.
I've only brought it on the course once and have just been using it for my extra clubs lately.
If it does, shoot me some pics when you get home and I can see if he has any suggestions. I went to him for my THP Secret Santa gift and he knocked it out of the park.

Has anyone ever tried the Jones Rider Bag? I know its not technically a staff bag, but it has the look of an classic or retro staff bag and still has the six-way dividers that are a mainstay in most staff bags. It also has a nice clean look to it and is about the size of a mini staff bag.

I saw my absolute favourite staff bag of all time, the Bridgestone US Open that is predominately white with red and blue in it. Had some scuffing on the front pocket, and was on sale for 240.

If I used staff bags much at all, I'd be down 240+tax right now. What a sick looking bag.

I saw my absolute favourite staff bag of all time, the Bridgestone US Open that is predominately white with red and blue in it. Had some scuffing on the front pocket, and was on sale for 240.

If I used staff bags much at all, I'd be down 240+tax right now. What a sick looking bag.

I think that I saw that bag today as well and it it is a sharp one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've seen those for under 200 on the Bay, at least at the end of last season I did.

I thought that was the best looking US Open bag by far. Second only to Callaway's Masters bag as my favorite from 2013.

I have a Cleveland staff bag... It doesn't fit on a pull cart, nor on a riding cart, nor would I want to carry it. Been thinking about selling it. It's just like this, but with some cart strap wear: http://www.carlsgolfland.com/shop/c...=40431910000&gclid=CPeKhM2b0r0CFWxp7AodilQA-A I may sell it of anyone is interested, but for some dang reason, I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I have 4 staff bags an tour are full sized tour bags and they fit my push cart (bag boy quad) and a powered cart.

The new staff bag came in today. Going have to transfer over the club's from the prize bag though.
2u9a7umy.jpg

Ahh bummer you're not using the masters one anymore. I suppose I could help you by taking it off your hands. ;)

Interesting. I have 4 staff bags an tour are full sized tour bags and they fit my push cart (bag boy quad) and a powered cart.

I have a pretty cheap intech cart, so maybe that's the issue, but doesn't fit in a riding cart unless I wad it up into it. I dunno man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen those for under 200 on the Bay, at least at the end of last season I did.

I thought that was the best looking US Open bag by far. Second only to Callaway's Masters bag as my favorite from 2013.

They need to hurry up and do a staffer stand bag. I'd be ALL over that design.

That SLDR blue bag is freaking awesome.

Back