Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Irons

Parshooter36

Reaction score
Handicap
I couldn't find a thread on these, so I thought I would start one.

I went to a demo day over the weekend, and these things blew me away! I hit nearly every iron there, and kept coming back to the XCG7.

They only had a 6 iron to demo, which is about the longest iron I am comfortable hitting these days, but it launched high and effortlessly time after time. Distance wise they seemed comparable with what I'm use to with my Rbladez, but much higher which I liked.

The really weird part is when I asked him what kind of hybrids he had to go with them, he handed me the XCG7 5 hybrid, which didn't go as far for me as the 6 iron I had been hitting.

Unfortunately, my local store doesn't even carry these irons, so I wasn't able to hit any longer ones to see what kind of set up I may want. Hopefully the Golf Galaxy I go to about an hour away has them so I can give them some more attention.

Nice write up. I haven't hit their irons but I just bought the beta 3 wood, which I really like so far. I wish more stores carried tour edge exotics as they are quality products.

Maybe it was a shaft or fitting issue with the hybrid?

Nice write up. I haven't hit their irons but I just bought the beta 3 wood, which I really like so far. I wish more stores carried tour edge exotics as they are quality products.

Maybe it was a shaft or fitting issue with the hybrid?

They were both stock regular flex graphite and used what appeared to be the same shaft, but who knows. Maybe the shaft just doesn't with for me in hybrids but does in irons.
As easy as the 6 iron was to hit, Im not even sure I would need hybrids anyway. I may be able to go back to carrying a 4 iron.

I tested these this weekend too. I thought I got decent flight off of them but something just didn't "sound right". Maybe I wasn't hitting them pure, but they were going straight and far. Or maybe they just aren't for me.

The Tour Edge XRail FWs were a different story though. Loved that four wood.

Haven't hit these, but the hybo and 3 wood are spectacular

Call Golf Discount in Springfield. I think they may have them.

I tested these this weekend too. I thought I got decent flight off of them but something just didn't "sound right". Maybe I wasn't hitting them pure, but they were going straight and far. Or maybe they just aren't for me.

The Tour Edge XRail FWs were a different story though. Loved that four wood.

I think the XCGs are better for the higher swing speed player. The Xrails have more kick.

I think the XCGs are better for the higher swing speed player. The Xrails have more kick.

I think you're right. I had a couple of TEE Trilogy hybrids last year that worked great for me.

Parshooter36, Glad to hear you liked the XCG7 irons! I looked on our dealer locater on our website for you and found 3 stores that may be a good place for you to shop:
REND LAKE COLLEGE GOLF OUTLET
200 OUTLET AVE
MOUNT VERNON , IL 62864
(618) 242-3001

COUNTRY ACRES CUSTOM GOLF
17198 E. FAIRFIELD ROAD
MT VERNON , IL 62864
(618) 244-1084

REND LAKE COLLEGE
468 NORTH KEN GRAY PARKWAY
INA , IL 62846
(618) 242-3001

We hope one of them is near by & has what you need-may want to call first! Good luck and thanks for posting about our clubs! Maybe try the XCG7 hybrid??

That would explain it then. I'm an 85-90 swing speed player.

You and me both. I'm 84-88 with the driver and 82-91ish with a FW. Yes, I'm so much of a hack that I can hit a FW off the deck faster than I can a driver on a tee.

I've done well with the deeper faced XCGs off of the tee. Off the deck? Ugh. The XCG5 was too shallow for me to ever hit comfortably off the tee.

The Trilogy/Xrail on the other hand has really treated me well. They're a piece of cake either off a tee or the deck.

I just went to a demo day at my local range this weekend.
I was mostly interested in the Cobra Bio cell with the Project X 6.0 Stiff, really like it and their three highbred as well, while I was at it I hit their lightweight steel shafted Irons… OMG :)
Then I went down to the Exotic and hit the XCG7 driver with the standard stiff shaft, I like the pop of the head but the dispersion was real inconsistent... I am kind of on the bubble as far as a stiff shaft, so the guy goes here try the Regular flex Tour 60... WOW OMG what a difference a shaft makes :)
So I went back and tried the same thing with the Cobra Bio cell, regular head with a Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 shaft in Regular flex.. Same thing I like it better, what a difference a shaft makes… I would not of thought of doing this on my own :)

Now what I would like to know is Exotics has a Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 shaft that is Red in color, and I would like to know if it would have the same properties as Cobra's Bio Cell+ Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 stock shaft that is white in color ???

Back