Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new Z series iron needs to make it to the US.

the little bit of xxio stuff I saw at the show impressed me. The Srixon lines in the past have been enjoyable. Those Z Star irons were really good. Those 525 irons remind me of the the Z Star and the VRS Forged irons, and that's a good thing in my book.

Yea they are sharp. Dead sexy. The Xxio 8 is actually available in the US too. Reading up on the tech, they appear that they could be very good for a guy like me too.

Killing me Hawk...but I like where your head is at.

the little bit of xxio stuff I saw at the show impressed me. The Srixon lines in the past have been enjoyable. Those Z Star irons were really good. Those 525 irons remind me of the the Z Star and the VRS Forged irons, and that's a good thing in my book.

Until the Apex irons came out, they were the best irons I had ever hit.

damn you Hawk, those 525s are filthy

Worst mistake I ever made was sticking 110g Recoils in that set of Z-Stars I waited so long to obtain lol.

oh I remember. Quite well actually

There's an iron set I think about all the time, Apex. Ugh.

I'm also still pondering the hell out of a #7. I would kill for the Tank Cruiser versions.

There's an iron set I think about all the time, Apex. Ugh.

I'm also still pondering the hell out of a #7. I would kill for the Tank Cruiser versions.
Best irons on the market, and it's not even close.

I would trade the Pros for standard Apex in a second. Both are great but give me the added forgiveness.

I am pondering what length to play the 24* Adams Pro DHy that I am building. The shaft I am getting is 39.5 inches (D+ whiteboard 92 stiff). The 24* DHy normally plays to 38.75". The Apex Pro 4 iron I will be replacing plays to 38.5.

Because I want to get a little more distance than my current 4 iron I am think of having the shaft cut down to 39". Does that make sense? Or should I keep it at 39.5?

I am pondering what length to play the 24* Adams Pro DHy that I am building. The shaft I am getting is 39.5 inches (D+ whiteboard 92 stiff). The 24* DHy normally plays to 38.75". The Apex Pro 4 iron I will be replacing plays to 38.5.

Because I want to get a little more distance than my current 4 iron I am think of having the shaft cut down to 39". Does that make sense? Or should I keep it at 39.5?

Why not start at 39.5 and then if you dont like it, get it cut down.. Or choke down? Easier to subtract length you know?

I've been using a set of ATV wedges with stock wedge flex shafts and have had some consistency issues on full shots when switching immediately between my AP2's with S300's and the ATV's. The ATV's were modified last year to increase the swing weight, so they are light overall than my AP2's but have a heavier swing weight.

Anyway, I began pondering a used set of Vokey's with S300 or S200 shafts to try and find some consistency. I wasn't planning on buying anything right away but checked ebay and found a set of 3 SM4's with S200 shafts in 50, 56, and 60 degrees for $160. So I pulled the trigger. Now I need to unload some ATV's!

I am still dying for more information on this

Masters week!!! Plus it's 3 weeks till first club fitting session of three (1.Driver 2.fairway wood and hybrids & 3. Ping i25 fitting and wedges)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RX Hydrocore's.

Why have I waited? Why AM I waiting?

I am still dying for more information on this

you and me both

Figure I'll have to give them a spin soon as well.

I played a couple Cookie gave me in Dallas, holy hell. I just keep forgetting to pull the trigger. I blame the looming tax man to be honest.

A putter....and a damn SC100 despite not really needing one.

I'm really considering getting an optishot right now

Speaking of not needing things. I'm jonesing for this:

5A803876-E399-48C7-ADFA-BAA6AA44C765_zpsashk8gvn.jpg

With these.....

101F15B7-9401-49B9-A577-A72F9A45AF94_zpssoxub947.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back