Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Only because it was in your hands first lol

I like the sound of that. But reality is that the dual axis alignment system flat out works.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I like the sound of that. But reality is that the dual axis alignment system flat out works.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yes it does there is no lie there.

I may have thrown mine off by putting a Fatso grip on it. I liked it initially but put it in time out in favor of my Ping JAZ. Maybe I'll put the original grip back on and try again.

I have had this happen. I put a SuperStroke 2.0 on my Ping TR Shea and it felt totally different (and not in a good way). Went back to the original grip and good feel came back.

29 putts today. Could have easily been 26 if it weren't for 3 burnt edges. One of the guys who plays with me a lot said I putt better with it than any other putter and another guy who hasn't played with me in about a year also had a few good things to say. It was a really good day on the greens, if you are in ponder mode on this putter I would suggest you go roll it.

more time on the putting green with this today. I cannot sing the praises of this putter enough. Put a SS 2.0 on it and haven't looked back. Morgan Cuppers with Cleveland need to strongly consider this as should everyone else who likes mallet style putters. The absolute only adjustment right now is lag putts, I tend to leave them short.

more time on the putting green with this today. I cannot sing the praises of this putter enough. Put a SS 2.0 on it and haven't looked back. Morgan Cuppers with Cleveland need to strongly consider this as should everyone else who likes mallet style putters. The absolute only adjustment right now is lag putts, I tend to leave them short.

Thanks for this dude. This one WILL be in my bag for the Morgan Cup. I am a mallet guy and this one seems to be right up my ally

Thanks for this dude. This one WILL be in my bag for the Morgan Cup. I am a mallet guy and this one seems to be right up my ally

I'm a broken record but this has changed my game more than any one piece of equipment in the past 3 years. If BBA can change my tee game like this has changed my green game then watch out baby!!

I'm a broken record but this has changed my game more than any one piece of equipment in the past 3 years. If BBA can change my tee game like this has changed my green game then watch out baby!!

Broken records are great when they are this positive. I really hope it continues to roll well for you!

I need to buy one of these. I love the look and feel of the Classic I'm currently rolling, but the truth is...I'm not rolling in enough putts. And the squares make alignment easier.

I need to buy one of these. I love the look and feel of the Classic I'm currently rolling, but the truth is...I'm not rolling in enough putts. And the squares make alignment easier.

I can't wait to game this baby !

I just put a US Open SuperStroke 2.0 on my smart square.....looks amazing!!!

Edit: added a pic

View attachment 14035

Last edited:
Missing the SS grip lately, sticking with MC options for now, but the SS will be installed soon after I am sure.

Missing the SS grip lately, sticking with MC options for now, but the SS will be installed soon after I am sure.

I think some guys changed out putter grips last year if needed.

I think some guys changed out putter grips last year if needed.
Just a quick question, but we'll get our putters on Friday. Think there will be enough of a turnaround to get it changed by Saturday morning?

Just a quick question, but we'll get our putters on Friday. Think there will be enough of a turnaround to get it changed by Saturday morning?

If you need it you can bring it to martins and have it done in minutes.

If you need it you can bring it to martins and have it done in minutes.

I can change my own grip in 5 mins, just will follow whatever the rule is.

Mikeg_74 may have one he would sell, its the same one I was using in Lake Charles, he had let me use it and I had plans to buy it, but ended up grabbing Kang's Metal X Milled #7....shoot him a pm, I bet he would hook you up.

I can change my own grip in 5 mins, just will follow whatever the rule is.
As can I. But bringing the stuff to do the job all the way to Myrtle Beach is the last thing I want to be thinking about heading into the MC.

Mikeg_74 may have one he would sell, its the same one I was using in Lake Charles, he had let me use it and I had plans to buy it, but ended up grabbing Kang's Metal X Milled #7....shoot him a pm, I bet he would hook you up.
Thanks Tim. And why didn't I roll it when we were in the same group on Friday?! :banghead:

So a 39" almost belly just showed up in the marketplace. At 5'6"......ish this thing would be anchored to my chin. Anyone have any thoughts on cutting it down to say, 34" and regripping? And how this changes the weight/feel from a stock length SmartSquare?

So a 39" almost belly just showed up in the marketplace. At 5'6"......ish this thing would be anchored to my chin. Anyone have any thoughts on cutting it down to say, 34" and regripping? And how this changes the weight/feel from a stock length SmartSquare?

it is also a 72* lie versus 70 of standard. I had gone all standard options to make sure I was prepping with an MC option, but many like the heavier head that was on the CB version. And a local shop may be able to adjust the lie.

Just purchased a smart square, have played about 30 holes with it, and I must say....wow....I love this putter. Alignment is automatic now, feel is perfect for me, and I have so much confidence on the 3-5 footers. The only thing I might do is extend it a couple of inches and put a superstroke on it, then again, I don't want to really change anything about this putter right now with the way I'm rolling it. I may buy another to do my experimenting with. lol

Just purchased a smart square, have played about 30 holes with it, and I must say....wow....I love this putter. Alignment is automatic now, feel is perfect for me, and I have so much confidence on the 3-5 footers. The only thing I might do is extend it a couple of inches and put a superstroke on it, then again, I don't want to really change anything about this putter right now with the way I'm rolling it. I may buy another to do my experimenting with. lol

Glad you like it. I vote for the superstroke!

Back