Does anything compare to clicgear push cart?

Contact ClicGear directly, they frequently sell refurbished models for a pretty healthy discount.

And no, nothing touches the quality and ease of use.

Don't be tempted into the caddytek lite push cart. I'm knackered come the end of the round. Not impressed at all. I'd love to be able to splash out on a powered one like I had back in the UK.

I adore my clicgear and plan to upgrade to the 4-wheel when it comes out. My wife will get my 3.5+. The one time we rented her a push cart from our club, it was a sun mountain (don't know the model) but it had seen some miles. IMO I wouldn't even compare the quality of that specific model to the clicgear. The bag securing mechanism was janky, and the folding mechanism seemed not as good (although it may just have needed some getting used to). I can unfold or fold my clicgear in about 10 seconds without rushing. The sun mountain did seem to fold smaller but that wasn't an issue for us. One thing the SM really had going for it though, IMO, was that the handle could adjust higher. As a tall man, that was a big deal to me. I can't adjust my clicgear all the way up to the highest setting without the tour adapter, and even then it's not quite as high. I do fine with it, but I would like that extra height.

As for bag twisting, etc... I use a Sun Mountain C-130 on my clicgear 3.5+ and I never, ever have any twisting. The bungees hold it snug.

I currently use a Sun Mountain cart. To be honest with you I would not buy one of their carts over clicgear. Comparing my Speed Cart SV1 to my friends 3.5+, the clicgear is just better all the way around. I've had major durability issues with my SV1 already and have barely had it for a full season. I will definitely be going the clicgear route the next time I purchase a pushcart. That being tough for me to say, as I try to support this company since it was founded and still resides in my hometown.
This is interesting. I have been thinking of making the switch to an SV1 from a Clicgear 3.5+ for no other reason that it would match my Sun Mountain Synch. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm at Golf Galaxy.

This is interesting. I have been thinking of making the switch to an SV1 from a Clicgear 3.5+ for no other reason that it would match my Sun Mountain Synch. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm at Golf Galaxy.

I was getting the urge to dump my SV1, because of bag twisting and bag problems in general. I tried a Synch bag, and the foot on the bag fitting over the baseplate on the cart is flat out AWESOME. There is NO bag twisting or unwanted movement at all. I like the bag too. I was getting that bag anyway, but once I saw how well it rode on the SV1 cart, I put the Clicgear out of my mind. Most of the complaints about the Sun Mountain carts had to do with the old inflatable tires, or at least that was the mojority of the complaints I saw when I was looking to buy my cart a few years ago. The solid tires that come with them now are fantastic. I have no issues with durability on my Sun Muntain, and now with a bag that fits it better than my old bag, I'm really enjoying it a lot more. As mentioned earlier, if you're tall, the Sun Mountain's handle can be raised pretty high for comfort. Tracking is great too. I can let my SV1 roll down a hill on it's own, and it gets down to the bottom in a straighter line than I do most days.

I'm sure the Clicgear is just fine too, but the Sun Mountain is a fine option too. I've never used the Clicgear, but I have nothing negative to say about my SV1 now that I have a bag that fits it well.

You have a Synch bag and you don't have an SV1 or a Micro? That's like buying ski-boots, but no skiis.

They both have the triangle plate that fits into the slot on the bottom of the bags. They mate together so well and without the need to strap or bungee things into place. You just drop the bag in the slot and you go. The SV1 is more stable, but much bigger when folded than the Micro. The Micro takes about 3 seconds to unfold and lock, but it's a two-handed job. Then you drop the bag in the slot and roll. It does not track straight, though. I can't let it go at the top of a hill and have it roll straight, it pulls slightly to the brake side, but I don't really think that untethered hill rolling is a must have criteria, so it doesn't bother me. That brake has a hair trigger, it prefers to stay locked rather than unlocked so the slightest touch will trip it. I could probably adjust it, and I have to admit I've accidentally tripped it a time or two, but when you want it to stay, it stays.

All of that is secondary to the Micro's trunk space saving advantage, however. I keep my bag and cart in the trunk 24/7 and I don't want to lose the excess space for groceries etc. So for me it was either Bag Boy Quad or the Micro.

You have a Synch bag and you don't have an SV1 or a Micro? That's like buying ski-boots, but no skiis.

They both have the triangle plate that fits into the slot on the bottom of the bags. They mate together so well and without the need to strap or bungee things into place. You just drop the bag in the slot and you go. The SV1 is more stable, but much bigger when folded than the Micro.
Affirmative. And the source of my ponder. My Synch does twist a bit on my Clicgear, not that it's a deal breaker, but I do notice it. I have a large SUV, so while something that saves a little space is nice, it's not a necessity for me.

I have the Bag Boy Quad an I love it. I looked at them all and though the Bag Boy was the best buy. I really like the fact that it only takes 1 pull to fold it up, and it collapses as much as any of the others. Also, it seemed like the Bag Boy was more industrial strength, but the weight may be a deal breaker for some.

Just ordered the Clicgear 3.5+. Sports Authority had them 25% off so I got it for a heck of a deal!

I had the Tour Trek a few years back and used it for 2 season with no issues, but it never excited me, I got the Clicgear 3.5 last season and I love it, quality is second to none, put 50 rounds on it last season with no issues.... started this season carry my bag again so not sure if it will see much use this season

Another update for my Sun Mountain SV1, had my 2nd wheel break, spokes that is. Once a spoke breaks the tire is out of alignment and wobbles like crazy and will eventually break more. However I have to give praise to Sun Mountains customer service. Their manufacturing warehouse is in my town so I just went down there and explained the situation. They gave me a brand wheel without any issues.

I have the Sun Mountain Micro. Everything everyone here says is true. It it super easy to setup and folds pretty darn small. Plenty of extra compartments and a storage bag for any extras you need during a round. Don't regret that purchase a bit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight was the first time I've been out with my Clicgear 3.5+ and it started raining. Which means, first time I've put the umbrella up using it's holster that screws into the handle. What a bonus! My golf partner, who has a Bagboy cart with no umbrella holder was quite jealous. He asked me if that was an add-on accessory or if it came with the cart. He seemed a bit depressed when I told him it came with the cart.

Tonight was the first time I've been out with my Clicgear 3.5+ and it started raining. Which means, first time I've put the umbrella up using it's holster that screws into the handle. What a bonus! My golf partner, who has a Bagboy cart with no umbrella holder was quite jealous. He asked me if that was an add-on accessory or if it came with the cart. He seemed a bit depressed when I told him it came with the cart.

It rained on you tonight? I played at the lake and got 18 in without a drop. I love the umbrella holder that's included though hopefully I don't need to use it

It rained on you tonight? I played at the lake and got 18 in without a drop. I love the umbrella holder that's included though hopefully I don't need to use it
Yes. Steady drizzle from 15 to 16.

Back