Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookie that is such a good looking dog!

And Pete that sucks. I hope the pup is fixed quick and you are home to enjoy the Masters.

Getting his pre masters nap in
2ehe3una.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this has to happen on Masters Sunday?

4B40E017-6D3A-4C1D-A2D9-833FCBBED79D_zpslgubalad.jpg

He's bleeding a lot, and in pain, so it's off to the emergency vet, but that hasn't tempered his excitement about "going for a ride."

E6D013EA-E651-4028-8E17-21C2F1765B30_zpspulgv5fa.jpg

Ugh that looks painful. Hope he gets all taken care of and is home to watch the masters.

Hey Cookie, I could be wrong, but he looks a little like a Blue Heeler. I wonder if he's a full-bred.

We were thinking Australian cattle shepherd. He's an amazing little guy, so gentle. House trained and all.

I'm on my TENS unit in bed and he just won't leave my side.

It looks like a cattle Shepherd. Could be a Red heeler but I don't think so.

He's bleeding a lot, and in pain, so it's off to the emergency vet, but that hasn't tempered his excitement about "going for a ride."

Hope he feels better quick. That looks painful.

Alright...this is as good a place as any.

I was out playing golf yesterday when the wife texts me saying that she was out for a run with our black lab and this smaller dog started following them. There is a busy street around 100 yards away from our house so she had concern about it getting hit, etc.

No collar but dog is not a stray....nice coat, clean teeth, very polite. Prefers to be inside.

I got home and we took it to Banfield to get scanned. Microchip was found...yeah!! Well the only info was tied back to a breeder in Wisconsin, called the number and it's not in service.

Come home and make up posters and post 10 throughout our neighborhood (roughly 4 square miles). No calls or anything yesterday.

Here we are this morning. My other 4 are checking this cool little guy out pretty seriously. This guy loves to snuggle and just follows me around the house.

Success!!!

Signs worked and his family just came to pick him up. Makes me happy!!

Success!!!

Good news! Lost my dog once, it was a terrible feeling.

so how did it go Pete? is your dog ok?

Ouch Pete, that looks painful. I hope Buddy is okay.

After 2.5 hours at the emergency vet, it didn't seem like a priority, so I brought him home, cleaned it up and bandaged it; and will be calling his vet first thing in the morning.

He seems to be getting around fine on it now that it's wrapped, no more bleeding, and other than licking the bandage, he doesn't seem to mind.

Just trying to keep a 3 year old boxer calm...a bit of a challenge.

She was so excited to watch the final round of the Masters.

e8u7uzat.jpg

yze2yne4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pete, same thing happened to our dog a few years ago. Turned into quite an ordeal. They kept him overnight.
He was all loopy from anesthesia when we picked him up. They clipped the broken nail and wrapped up the foot.

Success!!!

That's great news. But, you could tell he was not worried. He knew he was safe with you. Dogs know these things.

After 2.5 hours at the emergency vet, it didn't seem like a priority, so I brought him home, cleaned it up and bandaged it; and will be calling his vet first thing in the morning.

He seems to be getting around fine on it now that it's wrapped, no more bleeding, and other than licking the bandage, he doesn't seem to mind.

Just trying to keep a 3 year old boxer calm...a bit of a challenge.

Hope he's okay Pete. Looks like he's coping well though. He must not be in a lot of pain, which is good.

Pete that sucks. I hope the pup is fixed quick and you are home to enjoy the Masters.

Ugh that looks painful. Hope he gets all taken care of and is home to watch the masters.

Hope he feels better quick. That looks painful.

Ouch Pete, that looks painful. I hope Buddy is okay.

Pete, same thing happened to our dog a few years ago. Turned into quite an ordeal. They kept him overnight.
He was all loopy from anesthesia when we picked him up. They clipped the broken nail and wrapped up the foot.

Hope he's okay Pete. Looks like he's coping well though. He must not be in a lot of pain, which is good.
Just got back from his regular vet. The nail wasn't actually completely broken, just torn at a weird angle. They were able to clip the piece that was dangling, cauterize the vein, and now he's back to his old self with no bandages or anything. The vet laughed at my do-it-yourself bandage when we walked in. I'm glad he's OK, and that I decided to walk out of the emergency vet without dropping the coin they would've charged to clip his nail.

Just got back from his regular vet. The nail wasn't actually completely broken, just torn at a weird angle. They were able to clip the piece that was dangling, cauterize the vein, and now he's back to his old self with no bandages or anything. The vet laughed at my do-it-yourself bandage when we walked in. I'm glad he's OK, and that I decided to walk out of the emergency vet without dropping the coin they would've charged to clip his nail.

Awesome Pete! And Buddy got another car ride out of it so it was a win-win for him. :)

Glad you saved the money and the pup is feeling better!!

sytesyte.jpg

We played outside this morning

utubahum.jpg

Aaaaaaaand done

uqe5atas.jpg

Movie time....big boys trying to share a small section of the couch.

yge9u7aq.jpg

yzu9u9u4.jpg

She's a big girl

Trying to catch some birds through a window never gets old apparently.
Chapter 2: Fish Tank - coming soon.
7aby5yse.jpg

Caught a nap today after Brix and I were wrestling. Girlfriend snagged the picture. We weren't like this when I fell asleep so he musta done the paw thing lol.

a8esa2e5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back