What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played 2 different e6 balls yesterday as I managed to lose the first one on the second hole with a horrible drive that ended up in trees and we couldn't find it

I know it is supposed to reduce sidespin but with my swing yesterday, nothing would have gone straight, although Preston played one later in the round and was impressed again with how well the ball holds its line - it was pretty windy though and there were very few balls that ended up exactly on the line where they started, although there was the odd shot where I aimed away from the green to account for the wind that then dropped as I hit the ball so it didn't come back as much as I expected

Once again though, I was able to get a number of 3/4 or full swing shots to stop very quickly on the soft greens and a couple of them even spun back - SW to a 110yd par 3 that came back a foot or so and then a few 9i/8i approaches that dropped and stopped dead

For the beginning of the season when the swing isn't quite up to speed, this is still going to be my go-to ball

i played 9 holes with 2 balls yesterday rotating on each hole.

2013 20XI and wilson FG tour

20xi
Distance:it was a windy day and pretty cold low 50's upper 40's i hit my longest drives with this ball it seemed to get good distance and hold line well in the wind on well struck shots with irons and driver.

Feel& spin: it was harder then the FG tour for sure but not like hitting a rock spin was ok nothing jumped out at me.

FG tour:
Distance: i would say it was a little shorter then the 20XI but still pretty good. im not sure if it was the wind or because it was more spinny then the 20Xi as the reason. it seemed to have a higher trajectory then the other ball as well.

Feel & Spin: this is were this ball shined. very soft feeling and hit some chips and pitches that stopped on a dime.

Been doing some testing lately to lock one in for matches this year. Usual suspects, pro v, pro v x, tp 5 and chrome+ are my fav’s. The chrome + is my gamer and I’m always looking to see if anything can jump it. Both pro v’s are always reliable and I’m confident with both but the tp 5 always score just a hair better for me. I hadn’t played the Chromes this year yet, until Saturday and once again it didn’t let me down. I love everything about it.

Tested Wilson FG tour x last week and liked it very much but too much spin on approach shots. Great ball if you need more spin on the greens IMO.

Playing B330’s on Wednesday for the first time.

I have about 3 dozen new pro v’s, 3 dozen fg’s, and a dozen B330’s to play with but think I’ll be loading up on the Chromes unless the B330’s blow me away.

This past weekend marked my first rounds of golf since October, so I picked up a dozen Wilson Staff Elite 50's in yellow, just to use while I knocked the rust off. The course that we played is in an area with a lot of white quartz type rocks, so the yellow color was a huge help anytime I strayed a little ways from the fairway.
I'm normally a Hex Chrome+ or Hex Black Tour user, but I really have no complaints about the Elite 50's, especially for the price point. They seemed to perform solidly off of my driver and irons. I felt the spin was decent, though I didn't use my higher lofted wedges much since I haven't had any practice time with them yet this year. They 50's putted well and I found them to be quite durable.
While I probably won't be playing these in any tournaments or serious rounds, I certainly won't have a problem putting them in play for a casual round.

I played a Taylormade Lethal yesterday during a late afternoon 9

While my go to ball is still a B330 RX, I was very very impressed with the performance of the ball.

It was a good swing day, so I really put the ball through it's paces vs. a B330 RX-S. I was able to hit shots side by side and it kept up with the B330, which I haven't been able to find a ball to do that per the last year.

Felt great off the driver and just as soft off the irons. I got some great spin (I'm usually a high ball hitter, so most short irons stop pretty close to ball mark).

Admittedly, I went into the round not sure what to expect - I was never really a fan of the TP5, but never disliked TM golf balls - so I walked away pleasantly surprised.

I got a sleeve of the Lethals in a swag bag at a local demo day and am looking forward to using the remaining 2 golf balls still in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the new rzn platinum recently for my last 2 rounds of golf. The ball is really good stops very fast on greens that now when chipping and pitching you have to aim a lot closer to the pin then you would with a prov1x. I dont spin the ball back but can stop a ball reasonably quickly with my short game, and when i put these in play they stopped even quicker then other premium balls. They can still run out if thats the type of shot you want to play too but the stopping power on the ball does help a bit when you mishit a chip shot downhill where many others could go a fair way past these dont roll out that much which can help with making the next putt, which is what happened in one of my recent games where a downhill chip i didnt hit well and went past the pin by 10 feet where as others i would expect it to of gone a lot further.

I played in windy conditions so it was hard to tell the distances but the ball feels good off the driver and irons and even long to mid irons they stop within a few feet of where they land, and even mishits dont go offline by much.

Also the durability of these balls have surprised me after a full round i rinsed the ball under water and it looks almost like it hadn't been played, the same ball has lasted 2 full rounds and still no cuts on the cover so far.

I also tried the rzn black and it feels pretty good too a little firmer and rolls out a little more but not much but if want a bit more roll out this ball will do that better. Distance was also hard to compare some drives were very long more than normal and others shorter than expected with good contact.

Both of these i find are really good and i havent liked any of the previous nike golf balls in the past, i normally play the prov1x but have now changed to the platinum the ball feels good off all the clubs and the putter it works well.

got some of those MG C4's. For my skill set, they were fine and you can't beat the price for $24 shipped / box. They were pretty durable and I thought performed quite well.

Played the Wilson Duo during my first two local rounds of the season. Pretty good performance tee to green, including decent stopping power on approach shots. Not a lot of spin close to the green, but the greens are still fuzzy and slow, so more rollout is just fine.

I finally got to put my free sleeve of project [a] into play and I must say for me I am just short of absolutely loving these golf balls. Was able to spin in back nearly 8" (which isn't normal) with a 7i from 160ish out was amazing and unexpected. Ball was durable after hitting a few trees, and was wonderful up until I officially lost the first one. Unsure if I am seeing distance losses like others have reported, this was my first time out for this year, but it's a great ball.

Chrome+

Just an overall solid ball.

I had a dozen of these in my hand before I bought my Taylormade putter. I'm really liking the Callaway golf balls now. The Hex Black for me is very long off the tee and has some good spin around the greens. The durability is so-so, but other than that, a good ball to game.

Played the B330's (last years) yesterday. First time I've played a Bridgestone. Not sure what took me so long to try these guys. Cut thru the heavy wind better than anything I’ve played before. The Chrome+ has some serious competition. Great durability, feel, and long. Didn’t bite as well on short chips but didn’t spin back on me as much (good thing) on approach shots. Giving it another go tomorrow. Might be loading up.

Dick's sent me a little 2 pack of the new NXT Tour S so I'll be giving them a go on the course today.

Dick's sent me a little 2 pack of the new NXT Tour S so I'll be giving them a go on the course today.

Dick's or Golf Galaxy? I got some from GG but if Dick's is doing it also I may get another, it's always nice to get free golf balls.

I played the E6 on Sunday, it comfirmed why I love this ball in the Spring/Fall in Ohio although it was my 1st round of the year and my swing is not up to the norm I was happy with the way the ball was cutting through the wind and sticking on somewhat wet greens.

Last edited:
Dick's or Golf Galaxy? I got some from GG but if Dick's is doing it also I may get another, it's always nice to get free golf balls.

I played the E6 on Sunday, it comfirmed why I love this ball in the Spring/Fall in Ohio although it was my 1st round of the year and my swing is not up to the norm I was happy with the way the ball was cutting through the wind and sticking on somewhat wet greens.

Mine came from Dick's.

Keep going back to Taylomade Superdeep. Good all around ball for me and since Taylormade is discontinuing it you can get them dirt cheap on ebay.

Last edited:
Callaway SR3. One word: Awesome.

Long did the tee and soft I to the greens. Can easily get some check on short shots and feels great off the putter as well. All around perfect ball for my game.

Callaway SR3. One word: Awesome.

Long did the tee and soft I to the greens. Can easily get some check on short shots and feels great off the putter as well. All around perfect ball for my game.

Good to hear. I got a couple of these from a demo yesterday, I'll have to give them a try.

Yesterday I bought some callaway super soft balls and played them. I was wow'd by them. Cant wait to try them a second time and really see how they are

I've been playing the Callaway Hex Chrome+ and it's been great for me. Fairly low spinning off the tee but still has a great feel around the greens

I was intending to play a Chrome+ yesterday, but instead played a ProV1x all day. Not bad. I usually don't care for the ProV's, but I haven't tried them in a number of years. They weren't have bad.

Project a--very solid ball more info to come tomorrow in the testing thread.
Bridgestone 330rxs--didn't see additional height on my shots I was hoping for but with 35 mph winds that may have been a good thing.

e6 today and liked it. Was compressing it better than the RX too. While it doesn't stop like the RX, I think I can adjust. VERY WINDY TODAY. Will take another run with them when it settles down and have more info to judge by I think.

JM

Callaway Hex Chrome. I know I've said it a handful of times on here before, but this ball just performs. Winds have been getting a little crazy out here lately, but this ball just hangs in, flies straight, sits nicely on greens. Working on getting it to check a little better with chips, but that's a swing issue. This ball spins very well on approaches without spinning too much on a driver; a feat not often found on balls at this price range.

I played the SR2 today. My first full round with it and I saw similar distances off the tee compared to the Bstone RX. Where I liked the SR2 better was on overall feel and the short game. SR2 has more greenside spin. Where the RX for me has more roll out the SR2 produced more of the spin I'm used to. I also really like it off the putter.

I played a Chrome+ today for the first time in a while....I now remember why I love this ball...it's the perfect blend of the Hex Black and the Chrome....I need to buy all I can find before they disappear

Back