Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

Trigger = pulled. Can't wait to try this bad boy out after all the positive comments in this thread.

Nice, dude!

I can't wait for mine to arrive, it's going to come in handy for comparing some stuff for the MC.

No one is saying that it is measuring the distance, the distance is based off of the SS and Ball Speed ratings (which are read via the doppler), combine that with the fact that the club selections are length based (of club) and a baseline of lofts for the clubs. It has never been claimed that the distances are not an from an equation, they are, there are slight discrepancies at times as I discussed in the review but it is extremely minor and impressive for the price of the unit. This is not a full launch monitor, its not 3k+, for what it is the job it does is nothing short of impressive. There will always be some slight issues here and there with tech, thats the nature of technology, particularly new tech.

Hey Jman (and all),

I am one of those who are struggling to justify not buying this unit (I am a sucker for new tech - and this really does fit into my goals of nailing down distances from 150 yards in). There are two things really holding me back, and I was wondering if you be able to clarify the first (the second just irks me)
1) Can you alter the lofts/lengths of the baseline clubs? I have GI irons with jacked lofts - so if you are unable to alter these parameters, it seems like you could expect a fair bit of discrepancy between calculated carry distance vs. actual carry distance for anything below my wedges. It seems like the majority of people are finding this unit to be fairly accurate, but perhaps their clubs fall inline with the baseline lofts within this unit.
2) Calculated carry distance - it is clear from your review/this thread that the carry distance is calculated (which is fine, its less than 300 bucks - cannot expect the world). What bothers me is that the VC website clearly states that it is measured (I have emailed VC and they confirmed that it is calculated). Like I said, cannot expect the world from a <$300 dollar unit, but its more of a false advertising/accountability thing that bothers me...rant over :)

Thanks,

Shane

1. No, you cannot. In a best case scenario loft of your irons won't matter because the unit has pre-defined launch angles per each club. In a worse case scenario you enter one club less than you are actually hitting to get accurate numbers.

2. I am choosing to say I was confused on that point rather than think about it in terms of misleading advertising. And at the end of the day it works, so how it does what it does becomes less important.

Does anybody know the pre determined lofts that it is set for?

I was really set on buying a Swingbyte 2 but after this thread the Swing Caddie seems like a much better alternative. I'm in full ponder mode right now.

TBT, Jank, MikeG, and I played a round, while at the range we all took cracks on the swing caddie, the consensus is that it was pretty much on point on what we were are normally seeing as far as carry distance. I like it and I think it will help me with my <100 yard shots. For the amount you pay it's pretty accurate.

Does anybody know the pre determined lofts that it is set for?

Shoot them an email, maybe they will tell you.

Glad others are seeing that it IS an accurate little device of awesome, its a true tool on the range, especially for the short game.

I may have missed it but has anyone done some comparison between different irons with this? For example a Speedblade 6 iron vs. a MB Tour Preferred 6 iron. Just curious because we know not all irons are created equal when it comes to distance and I'm wondering if this device does show different distances for different irons.

I may have missed it but has anyone done some comparison between different irons with this? For example a Speedblade 6 iron vs. a MB Tour Preferred 6 iron. Just curious because we know not all irons are created equal when it comes to distance and I'm wondering if this device does show different distances for different irons.

My numbers vary when using different irons, as they do for me on course. The 8i with the i25's is 157, 155 for the TM CB's, and then 165 for the Yonex XP's.

Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

My very first night out I had my i20 6 iron along with my full set of SpeedBlades. I also had four different drivers on the device. Not only that, but ddec was there and took some swings as well. In all instances distances were different depending on ball speed and swing speed--regardless of iron/wood selected.

My SpeedBlade 6 iron was longer than my i20 6 iron as expected. And all four drivers showed varying distances as well. I'm a believer.

My very first night out I had my i20 6 iron along with my full set of SpeedBlades. I also had four different drivers on the device. Not only that, but ddec was there and took some swings as well. In all instances distances were different depending on ball speed and swing speed--regardless of iron/wood selected.

My SpeedBlade 6 iron was longer than my i20 6 iron as expected. And all four drivers showed varying distances as well. I'm a believer.

That is good to hear. I'll be using mine to compare some equipment for the MC.

My numbers vary when using different irons, as they do for me on course. The 8i with the i25's is 157, 155 for the TM CB's, and then 165 for the Yonex XP's.

That is great to hear! Very impressed with what this device can do from the reviews. I'm in full ponder mode right now.

Took my SC100 for my first full driving range session and if anybody is on the fence I say of for it. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent them an email to check for informational purposes. I would say they are prerty close to my clubs. I havnt had much difference in distance just curious

Sent them an email to check for informational purposes. I would say they are prerty close to my clubs. I havnt had much difference in distance just curious

When they get back to you let us know what they say. I'd be curious to know as well, although I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference for me. I'm most likely buying one very shortly.

When they get back to you let us know what they say. I'd be curious to know as well, although I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference for me. I'm most likely buying one very shortly.

I love mine, just intrigued more than anything.. yiu should its a great device

Brought it to the course today, shockingly the course was quiet and we weren't being pushed at all....so out came the swing caddie, first on a par 3 then for a couple of drives and finally I took it out for a 3 wood off the deck on 16...I did see a slight gain on my 6 & 7 irons while using my game ball (Pro V1) as compared to the dead range balls, the rest of my group loved it and we got people staring from different holes when they looked over...pretty cool.....I love this thing

Jflores brought his Voice Caddy SC100 to our round today and we used it on the range.....I only hit a few shots on it, but the numbers seemed to be dead on...got me pondering one now.

Jflores brought his Voice Caddy SC100 to our round today and we used it on the range.....I only hit a few shots on it, but the numbers seemed to be dead on...got me pondering one now.

Don't ponder long, you can get them for under $200 with coupon code ultimate and the 22% off masters deal.

Don't ponder long, you can get them for under $200 with coupon code ultimate and the 22% off masters deal.
I believe that particular stock (RockBottomGolf) is out.

I believe that particular stock (RockBottomGolf) is out.

You appear to be correct... Was a great deal while it lasted and hopefully some THPers cashed in on the deal.

Mine should be here Wednesday. $200 was too good to pass up.

Back