DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wee bit of ground under repair haha

nypety9u.jpg

Also Snapped this on the 2nd tee on the replay

a3u4a2uh.jpg

If you've not had the pleasure of plying Musket Ridge...do your self a favor and get out there. $235 is a great price, this course is normally in the 100 range. I'm out of town duriing this event.

Yep - one of my favorites! Actually, all the courses out that way are fabulous!

who is up for ditching work early on Friday afternoon for a round? I am in .... definitely playing somewhere. Weekend sometime too ... free schedule essentially.

who is up for ditching work early on Friday afternoon for a round? I am in .... definitely playing somewhere. Weekend sometime too ... free schedule essentially.

New job. So ditching is out. As for this weekend Saturday is out for a family event. Sunday??? I'll have to check and see what's going on other than that golf tournament on TV :)

That's why you play early, at some place like, say, Lighthouse that's 20 minutes from home so you can make it home in time to watch everything unfold!

That's why you play early, at some place like, say, Lighthouse that's 20 minutes from home so you can make it home in time to watch everything unfold!

That's true. Although early tee times this time of year tend to be a bit cool for my liking. But in the summer I take that approach for the US Open and PGA.

For those that may be planning a trip to the Eastern Shore. On my daily trip across the Bay Bridge yesterday, I noticed that there are now signs declaring that headlight use is now mandatory. I am quite sure that the Transportation "Wanna be" Police will be quite happy to remind you.

A wee bit of ground under repair haha

nypety9u.jpg

Also Snapped this on the 2nd tee on the replay

a3u4a2uh.jpg

Is #8 there still a par 5? I remember playing there in high school and launching shots over the trees on the right to reach the green in 2! Fun times! And a lot of lost balls! LOL

Met Rob (CAA_Beat) and Jose (MDHacker) at AGP for the demo day. Nice to hookup with fellow THPers and shoot the breeze and hit a few clubs. Went through the BFIT for the first time ever. No change to my online fitting, but it was pretty cool to go through it.

Great to see you Kevin. Loved watching you hit that BB Alpha. I'm glad someone brought a swing tonight. But beyond that it was a beautiful evening, every new club on the market to hit, and most of all spending time with great THP'ers.

CAA_Beat:

I would have loved to have met you and MDHacker at the demo day, but yesterday was the anniversary of my birth, so the wife had made plans.

Boy that must have been a lot of candles. Ha. Happy Belated Birthday.

Is #8 there still a par 5? I remember playing there in high school and launching shots over the trees on the right to reach the green in 2! Fun times! And a lot of lost balls! LOL

It absolutely still is a par 5. You can actually get over in 2 now but not for long because of the lack of leaves on the trees. A hero shot that I never go for haha They have done quite a bit to the course but still really isnt that great but for free it is a great shape up for me and my game or lack there of........

We should meet up and get a round in. Been a little MIA from THP but that will all soon change with my Masters almost done, I actually will get my weekends back. Cant wait to make a local THP event happen!

Sounds great! I am playing 1757 tomorrow afternoon ditching work early ... say around 2 or so. Hit me up of you can play

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sounds great! I am playing 1757 tomorrow afternoon ditching work early ... say around 2 or so. Hit me up of you can play

Nice course. I wish I could join you but I am on the way to NOLA for my buddies bachelor party but I will let you know when I get back and can get a round in.

Brambleton. Around 1 pm if anyone is interested

Brambleton. Around 1 pm if anyone is interested

My jealousy is palpable. Hit 'em well!

Lol! Will let you know how it goes

ymy3yba2.jpg

77 .... wasn't too bad except for aeration .... greens sucked. Me and the starter didn't see eye to eye but that is another story! Lol

Nice round golfinnut !!

Thanks. Playing again today with the wife ... this should be interesting! Lol

Lee made tee times at Queenstown tomorrow, 830 tee time, come home and watch The Masters, cook on the grill and enjoy a few beers....should be an excellent day

DC MD VA Area Chat

Well I didn't play. But I did have a pretty good range session. By pretty good, I mean the balls went in the air and pretty much straight :).

T2GRN18 will understand the significance of that. I attest it to hitting my own clubs :) but none the less it erased a lot of the poor taste from the demo day disaster.

Ugg. I HATE teeing off at Lighthouse after 8am. Ended up having 2 3-somes for our little group yesterday. Luckily the one guys lives there, so we loaded the cooler on the front for the back nine. Little did we know that we would join up and play 6 together for the last 10 holes and STILL HAVE TO WAIT ON EVERY TEE BOX! It took us 5:15 to play. The ranger moved the group in front of us up at least half a hole twice yesterday and it still didn't help. Worst part, I think there were only 3 in the group. When we were on 10, they had an entire par 5 open in front of them, and soon to be 3 groups on a par 3 right behind them. Needless to say, I lost complete interest in golf around hole 12 and just tried to enjoy the weather. Oh well...early golf or nothing down there in the future!!!!

So much for you plan of an early round and making it home in time to see the start of the Masters?

But at least it must have been spectacular weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back