I might take a few minor swings, to feel the shot I want to take, but once I'm over the ball, it's usually two waggles and go.

I take a couple of practice swings of sorts with the driver. I like to get a swish at the bottom of the swing, which helps me release the club a bit better when I swing for real.

I take 1 or 2 full practice swings. I have a buddy who takes at least 3 slooow full practice swings before every shot, and not really sure whats he's thinking.

Most of the time I take no practice swings. If I happen to have a strange lie or stance or I'm faced with a tricky little wedge shot, then I may take a practice swing or two.
This is what works for me as well

I do a couple slow maybe half paced swings just to loosen up and perhaps test the lie....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've changed this up lately. I been alternating between no swing at all and a different kind (not a swing but) a back and forth motion. Reason has to do with helping me with tempo which I been working on.

Swing back and forth a couple times real easy and smooth and fluid like and try to stay with it for the strike. But if I already feel real comfy and relaxed then I may just step up and swing with no pre shot. But I've also been easily swinging back and forth sometimes while waiting for another to hit. Of course only if not to disturb anyone like if we are far enough apart etc.

I take a practice swing, and it's always a full swing. My instructor insisted I keep my mechanics correct, and doesn't want me stopping my swing early ... he said it could lead to bad habits. Lord knows he has plenty of bad habits to iron out of my swing as it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only practice swings on wedge shots so I feel how far to take back.

When I do take a practice swing, it's a full range of motion swing but at about 3/4 speed.

Back