Same Brand Irons-Wedges

I can't remember EVER having matching wedges and iron brands and I've been playing golf for 40+ years. I MAY have had a Sandy Andy at the same time I had my Wilson Staff Fluid Feel irons ...

I do think having the same or a similar shaft is important for feel. In fact I'm switching out the KBS Wedge shaft in my TM ATV 52° for a C-Taper because that's what are in my irons and I use the 52° more for full shots than 1/2, 3/4, pitches or chips.

I never really worried about matching anything in my bag. I've got Callaway woods and hybrids, TMaG irons, Scratch wedges and a Titleist putter....all in a Nike Golf bag. I don't think I play with one person who has a matching set Driver- Putter.

I have played Vokey's for a long time but I always wanted to try a forged wedge that was similar in feel to my JPX-800 Pro irons. I found a 2-4-1 sale at Edwin Watts close out sale in Orlando for 52* and 56* Mizuno MP-T4 wedges. They seem to perform as well as the Vokey's but I like the feel of the Mizzys much better.

Thanks for all the replies guys!! im in the process of getting Callaway Xhot Pro irons and am wondering if getting the Mack Daddys will improve my game based on the fact that i have irons from the same brand!

I play x-hot pros and have vokey wedges. I love my vokeys and don't think I'll ever go back to anything different. I currently play my gap wedge from the x-hot set (A wedge) but am considering getting a 50* vokey to replace it. I really don't think it matters which brand wedges you go with. All in your personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have Ping irons, One Cleveland wedge, one knock off brand, and one Mizuno. Didn't bother me. Just so happened I got a great deal on my TM irons and then another great deal on my TM ATV's. The only way change would bother me is by changing my wedges, as after 2 rounds I love them.

I used to care, but I do love my Titleist AP2s and I LOVE my Bridgestone J40 wedges.

Back