Tried the New Super-Soft And SR1 balls

Reaction score
Handicap
Just some thoughts from my first time out with the Callaway Super Soft and also the SR1. I was really impressed with the SR1 exploding off the driver, it carried very well but did appear to have a bit more spin than the SuperSoft . I got similar distance with both off the driver. From a flat lie and a 3 Fairway I got more distance than the Nike Vapor Black and when using a 4 iron on either I was very pleased with both good high ball flight and stopping power on the greens. The SR1 will roll out more than the SuperSoft but the SuperSoft won out when going into the greens.
I noticed in Golf Magazine the recent ball reviews were not very informative leaving most of the information to the statements straight from company advertisements.I like to read what different golfers get from real course play.

Just some thoughts from my first time out with the Callaway Super Soft and also the SR1. I was really impressed with the SR1 exploding off the driver, it carried very well but did appear to have a bit more spin than the SuperSoft . I got similar distance with both off the driver. From a flat lie and a 3 Fairway I got more distance than the Nike Vapor Black and when using a 4 iron on either I was very pleased with both good high ball flight and stopping power on the greens. The SR1 will roll out more than the SuperSoft but the SuperSoft won out when going into the greens.
I noticed in Golf Magazine the recent ball reviews were not very informative leaving most of the information to the statements straight from company advertisements.I like to read what different golfers get from real course play.

Ive been considering these 2 so useful points thanks

I need to get a dozen SuperSofts and give them a chance. I have a sleeve of SR2 at home that I will mess with this weekend.

All good info, thanks!

Can you clarify this one for me?
The SR1 will roll out more than the SuperSoft but the SuperSoft won out when going into the greens.

Was the SR1 rolling out more on the greens? So did the Supersoft pull up quicker on approaches? Or did I misunderstand?

I have played both and think the SR1 might be worth the extra money for special rounds. There seems to be a more penetrating trajectory with the SR1. Distance good off driver and irons for my sub 90mph swing speed and they are durable. For the the $20/dozen, the Supersoft played like a low end ball. Feels softer than the Duo and not as much distance (for me) as the Duo or SR1. Not sure I will buy another dozen even at the low price. Callaway has got so much out there this year. Still want to try the X2Hots.

All good info, thanks!

Can you clarify this one for me?

Was the SR1 rolling out more on the greens? So did the Supersoft pull up quicker on approaches? Or did I misunderstand?

Joey, Yes on the greens and in the fairway I saw more roll from the SR1 than I did with the Supersoft. The SuperSoft did check up very well into the green.

Tucson, I think you will like the distance from the x2Hots if you get anything like I did this week. I was given a sleeve of them to try by one of my friends and we decided to put them to test. The course was a little bit on the wet side and very high humidity but from what I saw with my 90mph swing speed on the driver these will really fly off the tee. I would have to adjust my iron play with these as I saw increased distance on the long irons and fairway woods that was surprising from other two Callaway balls. The x2HOT is just that, HOT. I want a chance to play them in 80 to 90 degree temps and dry conditions as they might offer me more distance than I've had on any ball since the Bridgestone E6.

Hard to find a lot of these different products near me. But with a SS of exactly 90 and a new X2 hot driver I definitely want to try those ones.. Might have to compare them to the super soft and SR1s..

Picked up a dozen. Stupid golf shop is less than 10 min walk and does price match.

Will report back over the weekend.

I've played a round with the SR1 and the SS, both seemed to give me similar distances off the tee, the SS's felt better with my driver but the SR1's were longer.
With my irons the SR1's were definitely longer with a higher ball flight and a lot less roll out on the greens compared to the SS which are a lot better than the E6's I have been using.
Putting the SR1 feels better after my first putt it was within a 2 foot diameter of the hole.
I gave my wife a couple of the SR1's, she hit her longest drive yet at 212 yards (gps measured) including roll, 3 wood and hybrids were in the air and straight and her iron shots that hit the green were all within putting distance. Chipping she'd hit the fringe and get a couple of yards run then stop. The price here in Thailand is 1600 baht approx 50 USD or £30, so pretty pricey. We lost 1 ball each both in the same bit of water.

I bought a sleeve of the Callaway Supersoft to play 18 with yesterday. Very nice around the green and no issues with distance off of the tee. Pretty pleased and will probably buy again.

Back