Monte Scheinblum's "voodoo putting"

Good stuff Monte, I rewatched the video and realized I was trying to use the method but attacking too steep versus shallow making my misses more drastic than going around the body more shallow.

Josh I think that is why we had some of the pop ups with the steep versus flatter shallow path.

Last edited:
The Wedges video is now available to download, it follows on from the short game and for 20USD its a bargain. I watch it last night and it has been done in very simple terms that are easy to understand.

I tried out the voodoo putting over my past few rounds and have been really impressed with the results. I'm borderline OCD and tend to overthink things. This method helps me with it being more of a subconscious read.

I'm definitely interested in the full short game video now. I struggled most with chipping/pitching until I picked up a basic understanding of chipping using the bounce of the club. Hopefully the video can help me improve more.

I think it's a good buy. lots of info for little money, and it has definitely helped me. A couple of times I have found myself starting to struggle a bit with chipping and pitching. I re-watched the video each time and went out and practiced for a few minutes with the info fresh on my mind. Each time I was right back to hitting the shots I wanted.

Got both the short game and wedge video now, and have followed Monte on his blog for some time. He has a great way of explaining things. Worth the purchase for me. Nothing really new as I have followed his general methods, but a really good review for me.

I think it's a good buy. lots of info for little money, and it has definitely helped me. A couple of times I have found myself starting to struggle a bit with chipping and pitching. I re-watched the video each time and went out and practiced for a few minutes with the info fresh on my mind. Each time I was right back to hitting the shots I wanted.

Thanks for the review. This sounds perfect for me. Using the bounce has always been a mystery to me. I feel like i'm outside a masonic temple looking in, when i try to use the bounce of the club. Monte rules, his blog helped me connect my swing to the ground, and i'm forever grateful.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. This sounds perfect for me. Using the bounce has always been a mystery to me. I feel like i'm outside a masonic temple looking in, when i try to use the bounce of the club. Monte rules, his blog helped me connect my swing to the ground, and i'm forever grateful.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
no doubt this will get you on the right track. I was in the same boat, having heard that term used so much "use the bounce! use the bounce!" and I was like "ok, well how the hell do I do that?" lol. Monte's video cleared it up and if I just remember the things he says about letting the club head control the right hand, I hit some pretty decent shots. Today I even surprised myself a few times with how well I was chipping and pitching. Still had some mistakes, but IMO the method is sound and takes the mystery out of using the bounce.

I tried the Voodoo putting method...just messing around at my courses practice green, and it is amazing how close you can put the ball with minimum time spent reading the green.

I've been using Aimpoint Express and love it. My only complaint of it is that it takes some time.

Many of the courses I play in the area are in the hills and have a 'canyon effect'. I can't wait to try this at one of those courses.

^^^
Well, this was an unequivocal 'no' for me.

Back