It's Official! I'm Sick of John Daly

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it has taken longer than most, but now I am officially sick of hearing the name John Daly. If he is a "common man" (not even close), then I feel bad for common people. John is the one that throws it up every 2 minutes in self marketing. He has his TV show starting. Why? Because he is a train wreck, not because of his personality or abilities. This once great golfer is now below average when compared to other tour players.

The guy has his "Huge Comeback Tour". Let's see, he has played in 4 events. His best finish is outside of the top 60. Oh yeah and he has only made the cut 1 time. Yet every time you hear about golf, you hear JD. He is nothing more at this point than a self promoter.

Yet every time I turn around it is John Daly advertising for some no name brand of something and talking about his comeback tour. Enough already. If I took one thing from the Tiger PR event, it was let the actions speak more than anything else.

What has John Daly done in years that warrants any kind of good publicity? Bad publicity maybe. We have all seen the videos, read the reports, saw the suspensions, etc...yet he still gets so many fans supporting him as the "common man". This guy is not the common man. Steve Stricker is the common man. This guy is the CAVEMAN. The common man does not wear those pants. The common man does not play golf with no shirt and jeans on. The common man does not get drunk at a Hooters and wake up in jail. The clown does! The caveman does. At this point he is Octomom with a golf club. Let the actions of a real comeback speak and then you can self promote.

Rant mode over!!!

Damn that was a good rant JB! Its almost like all JD's golf skills, whatever he had left, went away with his waistline. The skinny John cant golf!

WHat? if you lose weight you lose your golf game also? Oh :poop: !!! I better stop my diet cause I dont have much of a golf game now. :laughing:

So I am guessing he wont be at the Florida outing? :D
Looks like he won't. To bad for the event he'd probably bring in some "common" men and women.

WHat? if you lose weight you lose your golf game also? Oh :poop: !!! I better stop my diet cause I dont have much of a golf game now. :laughing:

LOL , see I was thinking of adding a little weight to see I could find a better golf swing! :confused2:

• Admin
Looks like he won't. To bad for the event he'd probably bring in some "common" men and women.

I think we will do okay without him...hehe

That's because you're losing personal MOI.... Mass Over the IttyBittyGuy

Thank you, JB! I have been saying this for a couple of years now. The guy is an embarrassment to those of us who grew up in Arkansas. He is not a typical Arkansan and he certainly is not the common man. This guy is no different than many others who had great talent and potential and threw it all away because of the excesses of their lives.

The time has come for him to fade into the background.

I really don't know any of the inside story, but is he working with anyone on his game, or doing anything at all to compete other than just this self promoting? It really is sad when you think of all the people willing to back him. He has everything to gain and has shown the talent.

AMEN TO THAT!

I also agree, Stricker IS the common man!

I love that we condemn others for behavior that John is applauded for. How many times have we heard that Anthony Kim is just partying way too much, yet we give JD a high five for the exact same thing? People make fun of IJP for his apparel, yet applaud JD for his Loudmouth.

None of it makes sense.

I agree. I stopped following anything about JD long ago. One thing about his recent "I'm quiting" rant I really loved was his whinning about not being able to "afford" to be out there. He should have thought about that before he bragged on his last tv show about the millions he has dropped in Vegas.
He became a side show long ago and made the decision last year to wear those ridiculous to draw attention to himself for all the wrong reasons. The only thing that does the talking is your game and I think that passed him by long ago. Nothing left anymore but to be a sideshow. I know I won't waste my time watching his new show. Been there and done that with the last one.

JB, I agree with you. When Anthony Kim wins some big events maybe people will stop poking him for partying too much.

Daly is a ADD, Attention Demanding Derelict

I chatted with him briefly a few years ago after he missed the cut at a Cog Hill event. Not a bad guy on his good days.

As a fairly accomplished guitar player I am embarrassed for him in his attempts to make that a sideline career. Enjoy it JD but just because you were once a great golfer does not mean you are a prime time guitar player.

I for one have felt this way for a while now. I really did like the guy and hoped the best for him... but those days are long gone.

I love that we condemn others for behavior that John is applauded for. How many times have we heard that Anthony Kim is just partying way too much, yet we give JD a high five for the exact same thing? People make fun of IJP for his apparel, yet applaud JD for his Loudmouth.

None of it makes sense.

I think the word "we" needs to be replaced by the word "some". I don't high five or applaud JD for anything. Now if he actually were to get himself together and start playing quality golf, then I might applaud him for that.

And yes, I agree... he is a horrible musician! Okay... we get it... you can play "Knockin On Heavens Door"....

JB, do you know if he's hired anyone to work on his game?

Yes he's working hard at this side show and it seem's to work as far as getting the endorsments and keeps him out there. But, the bottom line for me is "Are you trying to get better or just sponging along after the free hand outs"?

Easy you haven't even seen his show yet! LOL :laughing:

Wasn't he quitting the game of golf?!!?

JB, do you know if he's hired anyone to work on his game?

Yes he's working hard at this side show and it seem's to work as far as getting the endorsments and keeps him out there. But, the bottom line for me is "Are you trying to get better or just sponging along after the free hand outs"?

I guess not!!

C'mon JB, tell us how you really feel...no holding back.

I have no intention of watching his new show. I too don't understand why he has one.

Back