Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

They are there. In the DGTI.

Dynamic Gold Tour 0.355"T S400 130
Dynamic Gold Tour 0.355"T X100 130
what is the difference between the dgpro and dgt

DG Pro is the (for lack of a better word) flighted offering from TT.

Tour Issue is nearly the same as standard DG but the gram and flex dispersion is substantially tighter.

If I'm not mistaken the dg pros are "flighted" The stock shafts in the Nike vr pro combo irons from 2013

Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts provide similar power, control and the trademark penetrating ball flight associated with the entire series of Dynamic Gold irons. The Tour Issue shafts have a Tour Only weight tolerance of +/- .5 grams for custom precision fitting. The shafts are available in sets of eight (3-PW) and in S400 and X100 flexes, .355 only.

Pros and those aspiring to play like them want to have confidence that their irons will fly with exact trajectory and distance each time. DG Pro is the industry’s first progressive iron shaft.
With Progressive Technology, everything about DG Pro is progressive -- the flex profile, step pattern, weight profile, and internal material distribution. This allows True Temper to tailor the specific playing characteristic of the long, short , and mid irons for optimum feel, spin control and trajectory and ultimately confidence-inspiring performance.

I may be changing my order since I have them in my clubs from last MC and in my TM TPs

The S4's? It's hard to go wrong there. Such a good, consistent shaft.

I'm a sucker for ~130g.

Me too. ~130g shafts feel right for me

The S4's? It's hard to go wrong there. Such a good, consistent shaft.

I'm a sucker for ~130g.
Yeah man, I tested well with them at PGA show two years ago and in my fitting last year.

Yeah man, I tested well with them at PGA show two years ago and in my fitting last year.

Are any DPCs making the set or are you going CBs through it?

I was encouraged to play s400 earlier this year and I'm looking forward to pursuing it more. i've had fun with some exotics, but going back to DG is something I am very comfortable with. Just need to decide if any DPCs are going to make the trip with me.

Are any DPCs making the set or are you going CBs through it?

I was encouraged to play s400 earlier this year and I'm looking forward to pursuing it more. i've had fun with some exotics, but going back to DG is something I am very comfortable with. Just need to decide if any DPCs are going to make the trip with me.
I'm going combo set 4-6 DPC and 7-PW CB

Nice buddy! Kind of boring, but our sets may end up looking identical iron wise!!!

Exactly what I am thinking about irons wise as well. The cb short irons have treated me well thus far
Nothing wrong with that, ive hit both and they are solid all the around

Hi guys sorry to butt in. I just had a couple of questions. Which are the more forgiving of the sets, the CB's or the DPC's? Also are both the sets .355 shaft size?
I got some DGpro shafts from TT and have been looking at these heads to put on them, do you think someone on a 10 handicap would be able to game them. Thanks for the help guys.

Hi guys sorry to butt in. I just had a couple of questions. Which are the more forgiving of the sets, the CB's or the DPC's? Also are both the sets .355 shaft size?
I got some DGpro shafts from TT and have been looking at these heads to put on them, do you think someone on a 10 handicap would be able to game them. Thanks for the help guys.

DPC are the more forgiving and I am sure both sets are 355 taper. Quite a few of us down here in Duneidn are playing the DPC irons and our handicaps range from 3 to 14.

DPC would be the more forgiving for sure Lopsta. I have been gaming them since about the first part of march or the end of Feb and love them. Go for it for sure. You won't regret these clubs.

JM

DPC's are much more forgiving, but not exactly the most forgiving option around imo, but there arent too many with this kind of profile that feel absolutely amazing when struck right like these do.

It seems like these clubs get a ton of love. I might have to find a set to hit!

It seems like these clubs get a ton of love. I might have to find a set to hit!

one of the best feeling sets I've hit in the last few years.

one of the best feeling sets I've hit in the last few years.
I used to never care about feel. Now I can't demo another club without missing the feel of the DPCs.

I used to never care about feel. Now I can't demo another club without missing the feel of the DPCs.

HaHa, you are ruined! I was having a BLAST with the SW yesterday. Have never had a SW feel that good. The sole helped me stay consistent through the turf.............when I trusted the stroke! LOL

JM

Thank you all for the help, you have just made me want to try them even more. I think they are one of the best looking irons around. Trouble is we don't really seam to have Bridgestone stuff over here, except for the balls. If any one has any heads lying around they might like to part with just just give me a pm.

DPC are the more forgiving and I am sure both sets are 355 taper. Quite a few of us down here in Duneidn are playing the DPC irons and our handicaps range from 3 to 14.

Hey mate where did you all purchase them from? I don't think the couple of shops around me stock them.

Thank you all for the help, you have just made me want to try them even more. I think they are one of the best looking irons around. Trouble is we don't really seam to have Bridgestone stuff over here, except for the balls. If any one has any heads lying around they might like to part with just just give me a pm.

Hey mate where did you all purchase them from? I don't think the couple of shops around me stock them.

I brought mine from ebay as no one down here stocks any Bridgestone. If you want to save some money the J38's are nearly identical in the DPC.

Back