Do i really need Golf shoes ??

You don't NEED golf shoes. Tennis shoes are OK, but if they are basically a flat bottom (possibly even with grooves) they won't help much. Lots of tennis shoes have knobby things on the bottom that will help.

I prefer a golf shoe with replaceable spikes, but many love the spikeless style.

Short answer yes, spiked or spike-less, the choice is yours. You will be surprised how slippery wet grass can be!

I've stopped wearing my spikeless Project Ms when it's wet. They just don't grip very well if the grass is even a bit damp. The last time I did, I slipped on three different drives. Never again.

I've always worn either metal spikes (years ago) or now the soft spikes. A couple of years ago on a trip to Mexico I did play bare footed for 9 holes.
It felt fantastic.....till the 8th hole. I had to hit a bunker shot out of sand that felt like it was just mined from the face of the sun.
I'll stick with my soft spike shoes.....

Always golf shoes with spikes....I have a pair of Ecco streets but only wear them if I play in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only use them in colder or wetter conditions. Unless you really swing out of control and tend to have to step out of your followthrough, they're not too much help. And if you do overswing, you need a lesson or few too.

Yes, spikeless and traditional.

I think the answer is "no" if you have shoes that provide needed grip and stability otherwise. I believe the key factor is comfort - life's too short to wear uncomfortable shoes - if that's your golf shoes, great! If not, wear shoes that are comfortable first and also provide stability. I've got both comfortable golf shoes, but also a pair of very comfortable canvas/leather docker-style, that I really like to play in because they are so comfortable.

Need? Nah. Golf shoes are nice though and do give you slightly better traction than tennis shoes do.

Personally I wear golf shoes on every range session/round. I think it's completely up to the person tho, I don't think one absolutely needs to wear them to play better. Wet conditions sure, but non wet conditions a normal athletic shoe would work.

They won't make you a scratch golfer overnight, but will probably save you 4-5 strokes per round.

I can't say I agree with this. I don't think wearing golf shoes vs non golf shoes would make a 4-5 stroke difference on a round.

They won't make you a scratch golfer overnight, but will probably save you 4-5 strokes per round.

This has me scratching my head. I've never once heard of or read about golf shoes lowering scores.

I can see losing strokes from slipping and all that but could NEVER put a number on it.

Personally, I'd never step foot on a range, course or even practice green in regular old shoes. First off, I'm there to golf. I don't stay in my dress shoes to play basketball or work out at the gym. Second, I'm ocd about my shoes being clean and my golf shoes are super easy to care for. My every day shoes would be impossible to keep clean on a course. Lastly, my dad always taught me, "If you can't play good, at least look good." That comes from his grandmother who was a "professional" golfer back in the 40s and 50s before she passed away. So my family motto has always been that saying.

But do I care if others wear regular shoes? Nope. Doesn't change my game at all.

I have worn tennis shoes during range sessions, especially when I left my golf shoes at home, and have no choice. I haven't played without them though. I bought a pair of spikeless eccos, and also have a couple of soft spikes. For me, if I'm playing, I'm wearing golf shoes.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I don't think they are necessary. When I hit the range after work I wear sneakers or my dress shoes.

Golf shoes make all the difference in the world. Unless you're all arms but I would say most of my swing is lower body and swing. In my younger years I was li, e you and just played with some tennis shoes or loafers but I'm telling you if you want more power, accuracy and confidence, golf shoes make a world of difference.

I prefer to play in golf shoes. Better stability and grip. Just a preference.

I couldn't play without golf shoes and even when I go to the range I always take them with me (and the majority of ranges near me all use mats)

I would be too scared of doing myself an injury, especially after my dad witnessed someone tearing all the ligaments in his knee because the grass was damp and he lost his footing when he took a tee shot

Back