Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

DawgDaddy and I are playing Monday morning around 10:00 a.m. as I've not locked a tee time down yet. It could be earlier or a bit later. We're looking for two more players :golf2:

Hey, still got room for one ole coot? I will try to get there by 10. Looking forward to it.

Hey, still got room for one ole coot? I will try to get there by 10. Looking forward to it.

Awesome Don, it will be good to have 3/4's of the original Old Coots together. Maybe KellyBo could take our senior members place.

Awesome Don, it will be good to have 3/4's of the original Old Coots together. Maybe KellyBo could take our senior members place.

That would be great!

See y'all tomorrow.

Heck yea! :blob: I'll get the tee time today as I'm heading out there in a bit. :golf2:

Ok guys the tee time is fro 12:16 tomorrow! They have a little tournament in the morning so we had to go off after lunch :thumb:

Ok guys the tee time is fro 12:16 tomorrow! They have a little tournament in the morning so we had to go off after lunch :thumb:
Sounds good, if Don doesn't check in soon about the time change I will PM him. Hate for him to be 2 hours early.

edit - just saw your PM to Don and myself, nice job buddy.

Last edited:
Sounds good, if Don doesn't check in soon about the time change I will PM him. Hate for him to be 2 hours early.

edit - just saw your PM to Don and myself, nice job buddy.

Works out good, I won't have to get up in the middle of the night. Ole coots need their rest! Looking forward to a great day in middle Georgia. :cool:

Works out good, I won't have to get up in the middle of the night. Ole coots need their rest! Looking forward to a great day in middle Georgia. :cool:

I'll be there an hour or so early beating balls on the range or at the par three course working on my short game :golf2:

You should limit yourself to short game practice after today, Bill. Let those old muscles rest and store up energy for The King. You don't want to be all sore for that.

We had a little match play outing today at Lane Creek and I was sent to the woodshed with my tail between my legs. :crying::beat-up:

Randy (DawgDaddy) played some really good golf today IMO and shot a smooth 84 which is very decent on our golf course. I thought he overcome some blow up holes really well and came back strong. His swing looked solid to me and I think he takes a really impressive game down to Jeykll this weekend for his tournament! Well done buddy :clapp:. Oh and he beat me five holes on the back after we had squared the front side.

Don (Lefty78) always impresses the heck out of me with his ball striking! The man can flat out move the ball and some of his drives today were humongous!!! :bulgy-eyes: The guy as some serious skill and playing Lane Creek for the first time and posting 81 was a very respectable score. We have some challenging greens and if you get on the wrong side, raise ya hand for an arse whupping. :deadhorse:.

I think I actually had Don by one hole in our match play on the front and then he took me to the woodshed on the back side. He beat me by four holes total.

The weather was awesome, the company even more awesome and what a fun day on the golf course! Thanks guys for coming down/up and enjoying this beautiful day with me. And thanks for the fairway bunker observations as I will need that little piece of advice for next week in Florida :thumb:

Last edited:
I just got home and I am still smiling, a beautiful day with 2 great guys. I had a blast. Don't let Bill sell himself short in the above post, he had some great shots today but he has either got to stay out of fairway bunkers or get in some practice soon, those things just kill him for some reason.

I think I might have a solid weekend if I can stay away from those 2 doubles and a triple, those always add up on the score card in a hurry. Fortunately I know the course's down there pretty well and hope to shoot a little lower than today.

What a great day!!! It was a beautiful drive through North Georgia (except for that chicken truck I followed a few miles) to a good golf course, in terrific weather to play 18 with two fine folks. How could it get any better???

People, if you get a chance, get on over to Lane Creek, those greens are a ton of fun. As good as the golf course is, the company was even better. I barely escaped a trip to the woodshed in the match with Bill while Randy had me on the ropes most of the day too. Both of them are peaking for their respective tournaments and they are on the verge of playing real well.

Thanks men, for a great day and good luck in those upcoming events.

81 on that track is a great round! Nice rounds by all of you guys! Wish I could've made the trip!

MillerTime is coming to the rescue and pull me out of my funk to play today (2:48) Lane Creek. KellyBo will be joining us so if anyone in the area is up for it, jump in with us. The course should be in awesome condition! Bring ya big boy pants because the greens will be faster than a fox in a chicken pen! :bulgy-eyes:

MillerTime is coming to the rescue and pull me out of my funk to play today (2:48) Lane Creek. KellyBo will be joining us so if anyone in the area is up for it, jump in with us. The course should be in awesome condition! Bring ya big boy pants because the greens will be faster than a fox in a chicken pen! :bulgy-eyes:

YES! KB! Looking forward to teeing it up with some of my favorite people!

YES! KB! Looking forward to teeing it up with some of my favorite people!

This will be my last round with my Cally XF irons before they are boxed up and shipped off next week. :crying: Watch me shoot my Lane Creek PB with them today. :bulgy-eyes: Today will be as laid back a round of golf as I can make it. My young gun #MillerCrushHisBallsEveryTime will be displaying all the power and finesse. I'll also enjoy watching KellyBo enjoying her time on the links after several months off. Yea today WILL be fun because I said so. :bomb:

This will be my last round with my Cally XF irons before they are boxed up and shipped off next week. :crying: Watch me shoot my Lane Creek PB with them today. :bulgy-eyes: Today will be as laid back a round of golf as I can make it. My young gun #MillerCrushHisBallsEveryTime will be displaying all the power and finesse. I'll also enjoy watching KellyBo enjoying her time on the links after several months off. Yea today WILL be fun because I said so. :bomb:

That sounds like one painful hashtag! See y'all a little later! I'll get up there around 2:15 or so.

That sounds like one painful hashtag! See y'all a little later! I'll get up there around 2:15 or so.

ok buddy. I'll be at the range hitting a few balls with my "NEW" driver :D:thumb:

Wow, 3 of my favorite folks having fun at a great course, wish I could have been there. Just glad to read that Josh is making you hit the links today.

Kind of glad I missed this earlier because I would have been tempted to drive over there. But, I've played 63 holes in the past 3 days and really need the day off.

Wow, 3 of my favorite folks having fun at a great course, wish I could have been there. Just glad to read that Josh is making you hit the links today.

Kind of glad I missed this earlier because I would have been tempted to drive over there. But, I've played 63 holes in the past 3 days and really need the day off.

We always enjoy having you find gentleman up our way. We ended up with a foursome after one of our buddies we knew from Monroe CC joined up with us. I'm hoping Dawg and I can drive up your way one day maybe next week Ken. Just let us know what would be a good time to come. Maybe we can get Lefty78 to join us and have an old coots reunion!

I have to brag about my young gun MillerTime today! The dude shot a VERY good round today and showed us that his getting better is not just a temporary thing :nono:. He shot a mid 70's round and he was crushing the big gal again and hitting every club in his bag solid. I told KellyBo you will be surprised at how far Josh has come over the last few months. Boy did she get a show today and yea, she was totally impressed. Well done good buddy and keep up the awesome play!

We always enjoy having you find gentleman up our way. We ended up with a foursome after one of our buddies we knew from Monroe CC joined up with us. I'm hoping Dawg and I can drive up your way one day maybe next week Ken. Just let us know what would be a good time to come. Maybe we can get Lefty78 to join us and have an old coots reunion!

I have to brag about my young gun MillerTime today! The dude shot a VERY good round today and showed us that his getting better is not just a temporary thing :nono:. He shot a mid 70's round and he was crushing the big gal again and hitting every club in his bag solid. I told KellyBo you will be surprised at how far Josh has come over the last few months. Boy did she get a show today and yea, she was totally impressed. Well done good buddy and keep up the awesome play!

Friday works for me if everything works for y'all. Let me know.

I too am proud of Josh and his improvement, I always knew the potential was there, it is good to see him putting in the work.

Glad that you guys had fun. I need to get back over there for a round.

Maybe MT's hdcp will finally get into the single digits with that round.

I would love to have a North Georgia convention of the Ole Coots

I'm up for an Ole Coots reunion at my place. Could even expand the group to two foursomes if KB, ATL, or Kyle were interested. This week, the only day I have though is Wednesday. Next week, the 12th, 13th, and 14th is good. The following week the 20th thru the 23rd is good. Let me know what you guys think.

Back