How about some Mesquite, NV suggestions?

dannyka

Reaction score
Handicap
11.0 GHIN
Some buddies and I are heading down to Mesquite for some warmer golfing. Provisional seems to like Wolf Creek there. What other courses would you all suggest?

Thanks!

Casablanca will test your skills. Wolf Creek is my favorite, but it's just because it is so hard to score well on it. That and some of the views are pretty spectacular. Casablanca is more what I would call a "true" golf course.

The Palms will is a decent course, only because you get two courses in one. One nine is typical flat land golf, and the other nine is hills, and canyons. It is usually the more crowded of the Mesquite courses.

The one I personally don't care for is Falcon Ridge. I have had some poor experiences there with the course marshals, and the local retirees who seem to run that track. Other wise it's a nice course.

I have golfed some of the others, but nothing really stands out with any of them. Golf is golf with them.

If you want to travel farther south, past Mesquite you might google Coyote Springs. I had a hand in building that course. At one time they charged an arm, and leg to golf there. Perhaps their pricing has since changed.

Prov,

Thanks for the suggestions. We decided to go the cheap route for accommodations, so we just paid for a buddy's bonus time on his condo. What it means is that we're waiting until April, but oh well. It'll be fun! Not sure which courses we'll play, but the plan is for three rounds that weekend.

Can't wait!

We played 5 rounds in 3 days there last year. Wolf Creek is awesome, but it is a long round. Depending on the time of the year, you may not be able to get 2 rounds that day. It is hard, but I played within myself and was going to shoot an 84 if we finished the last hole. darkness came.

Consider the 1 hour drive to St George, Utah. They also have some fantastic courses.

We played Falcon Ridge and I was really impressed. Just a fun course. Casablanca was OK. I do not care for "Resort" courses that really do not push your game.

Falcon Ridge is like Wolf Creek lite, it is a great course, very fun. The Palmer course is good if it is in good shape, which it isn't always. I would take the time to drive to St. George, 30 min. north, and play Sand Hollow. Conestoga is the newest course in Mesquite, opened this winter, have not played it but I have heard good things.

Thanks for the suggestions.

We played St. George last year. The Ledges was the "premium" course on that trip. I've heard good things about Sand Hollow and we may have to play it either on the way down or way back.

One of the guys going seems to really like Falcon Ridge for whatever reason, so I think it'll be on the list. The Palms and the Palmer are also on the list and I'll be sure to toss out the other places as well.

Thanks again! I can't wait!

Back