• I ride in style

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I do a combination of the above

Votes: 45 28.1%

• Total voters

Prinz

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious. Pros/cons of your preference?

I walk because I've been doing so ever since I started golfing. I also think it's pretty good for your health as you burn a lot of calories this way. But I have to admit, on really lazy or sunny days, I am secretly contemplating of buying a push cart (clic gear).

We always ride. Except when playing our Executive course (3,400 yard par 60), then we will use our push carts. At my course the cart is included in the price. Plus, I'd rather ride. If I were to walk a regular course, I'd use the push cart. I wouldn't carry.

I ride. Yes I'm lazy on the course.

Re: Who walk their bag?

I personally went with the clicgear. I just started playing about 5 months ago and when I started buying gear I bought a cart bag. Didn't really think about the weight when I bought it. Then as I started playing I really wanted to walk when the course allowed it. I was so close to buying a carry bag but the bag I was looking at was about $180. I decided to just get the clicgear instead. I do not regret my decision one bit. This just gives me the best of both worlds.

You can get the clicgears on eBay for 169.00 shipped if you wait. That's what I payed for mine a couple of weeks back

I prefer the walk, with my ClicGear. That said, I do see some cart rides in my immediate golfing future.

Re: Who walk their bag?

I walk/carry most of my rounds. I seem to take it more serious and play smarter (probably to keep from having to walk a fairway over to my ball :D). I think it just have more time to contemplate my next shot and get my mind right.

I walk/carry most of my rounds. I seem to take it more serious and play smarter (probably to keep from having to walk a fairway over to my ball :D). I think it just have more time to contemplate my next shot and get my mind right.

More fairways = less walking indeed. :D Good point.

I have always felt I play better if I walk. But, in league we all ride and the carts have GPS. Casual rounds I still drag 'em around but, ride more than walk nowdays.

I use a push cart,too old to be lifting a a bag

Push cart for me. Allows me to focus on my round a little better.

At my home course I always walk, because I work there and there's no other option on employee days. I mostly use pull carts any other time, or ride if it's a long course.

I use a cart bag with my Clicgear but im debating on going back to a stand bag and carrying again.

I use a cart bag with my Clicgear but im debating on going back to a stand bag and carrying again.

Any particular reason as why you're debating to switch back again? Get a stand bag that can also fit a cart. My bag has this versatility.

Any particular reason as why you're debating to switch back again? Get a stand bag that can also fit a cart. My bag has this versatility.

There is a few reasons.
1) One of the courses I play at a lot has little goat trails between some of the tee boxes. The Clicgear wont fit on them.I have to walk around on the cart path now.
2) I play as a guest at course by me a lot. They charge the members a cart fee with a push cart but I can play for free with a stand bag. I would pay for the fee but he wont let me and I enjoy walking.
3) I would like the extra weight of the bag for the walk on me. Its a decent workout.
You are right though, I will definitely get a stand bag that still fits on the cart just in case.

I walk/carry whenever I can. Occasionally push cart. Ride if I'm playing in Texas in the summer (just too darn hot to walk.)

But, for the most part, I love carrying. There's just something very zen about it.

I ride. Yes, I'm lazy, but I enjoy the ride.

I prefer walking for two reasons

1) then I can (sort of) think of the round as "exercise"
2) I prefer deciding what type of shot to play when I get to the ball and see my position, lie, etc. Having every club with me already means I don't have to try to figure it out from the cart or bring 6 clubs with me.

I'd prefer to walk but most of the courses around me are strictly no walking and I would walk when it is cool. During the hot months I cart it.

I walk and carry or use a pull cart, for me part of golf is getting the exercise.
Also, overhere carts are mostly for people who physically can't walk alot.
At least where I have played.

I ride with cerebral palsy walking is out of the question, at least on the golf course.

I do all three. Most of the time, I'm riding due to course rules down here in FL. On the Executive Courses we have, I'll either push and use the cart bag, or carry with the stand bag. It's pretty rare for the regulation courses to allow it, though, unless you're playing in the afternoon - and I rarely tee off after 10:30am.

I always walk. At 48 and diabetic I need it everyday. I love my Sun Mountain push cart and wouldn't do it without it.

My preference is always to walk and carry. I have a Sun Mountain Push Cart and a pull cart that are gathering dust in my garage. I only get to walk about one in every 3 rounds it seems because:

1. The course won't allow walkers
2. I am playing with customers and they are lazy
3. I am with a group of people all riding and I don't like to feel pushed.

I play better on foot. My best rounds are always on foot. I would say I average 5 to 8 strokes per round better on foot.

I quote the infamous Butthead from Beavis and Butthead " Walking sucks"

Back