Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather doesn't look all that great here, and I have plans of hitting up a demo day nearby. I am off Monday too, so hopefully it's ice enough to get out then.
Is that a Freudian slip? (get it,"slip"ice or just a genius pun? I'm just too stinkin' smart!

Is that a Freudian slip? (get it,"slip"ice or just a genius pun? I'm just too stinkin' smart!
Haha. Fat fingers. I'll leave it as a genius pun though.

Anyone playing this weekend? I might walk 9 or 18 Saturday/Sunday.

I'll be at Island Oaks for my league's first outing and then Sunday probably a parks course (Genesee CC or Churchville CC)

I'll be at Island Oaks for my league's first outing and then Sunday probably a parks course (Genesee CC or Churchville CC)

You gonna be by yourself? My buddy and I might be down to meetup if you want, never played GCC or CCC.

You gonna be by yourself? My buddy and I might be down to meetup if you want, never played GCC or CCC.

No idea who will be playing with me Sunday, we have a small group from the league that plays together regularly on Sundays. Let me know if you are interested and I'm sure we can make room. Genny and Churchville aren't anything special, just decent courses built inside Monroe County's parks. We buy the Parks Course pass so we lean towards playing Durand, Genny, and Churchville on Sundays since we play for "free" with the membership.

good news guys! a friend of mine will come and share the ride with me on may 3rd, we will meet you guys for a round on a course of your choice along the 87

Dean and Pete, let me know if it still works for you

good news guys! a friend of mine will come and share the ride with me on may 3rd, we will meet you guys for a round on a course of your choice along the 87

Works for me.

Works for me.
Works for me as well. Shall we play one of the Saratoga courses? Or further north in Queensbury?

Kingswood is a decent track, or at least it was when I played it 8 years ago. I'm fine either way.

you got any other ideas? I don't venture up that way too often to play. Played T Bird up in Glens Falls a few times back in the day for work outings.

you got any other ideas? I don't venture up that way too often to play. Played T Bird up in Glens Falls a few times back in the day for work outings.

not sure how much you guys were willing to spend on the green fees, but I played Saratoga National with my friend and he'd like to go there again if possible. I think they have a "discounted' 100$ rate for the season opening

not sure how much you guys were willing to spend on the green fees, but I played Saratoga National with my friend and he'd like to go there again if possible. I think they have a "discounted' 100$ rate for the season opening

Weekends after 1 is 80. Not sure what time you are looking for. I also might have hookup that can get us that rate for earlier.

Hiland and Bay Meadows are the only other two I really know up that way. Hiland is the MUCH nicer of the two.

Hiland and Bay Meadows are the only other two I really know up that way. Hiland is the MUCH nicer of the two.

I haven't played Hiland since HS.

Weekends after 1 is 80. Not sure what time you are looking for. I also might have hookup that can get us that rate for earlier.
after 1 can work for us, since we have to take the road in the morning, but we could play a bit earlier too if you guys prefer that.

hiland looks nice too

Had a great time at Arrowhead today. Round was rough at times but nice getting out with Allan and Aaron.
And yes, they are both wearing golf hats.

Last edited:
Had a great time today. Should have left the driver at home, but it was great getting out there with you and Allan.

Andy - you had that driver working today!!

Had a great time today. Should have left the driver at home, but it was great getting out there with you and Allan.

Yes he did! Great time guys. Those pants make me look fat.

Thanks, our games were polar opposites today. I got off the tee pretty well but the irons were spotty. You hit your irons well today. Couple blow up holes each killed the scores a little.
Allan, you were steady and you started dialing the driver in toward the end of the round.

Had a great time at Arrowhead today. Round was rough at times but nice getting out with Allan and Aaron.
And yes, they are both wearing golf hats.
You take those pictures in a mirror? #surroundedbyleftys

Posted this in the HHJJ thread too. Played one of the best 9 hole rounds @ Shadow Pines today after work, shot a 51 but felt like a low 40 round with all the chances I had at scoring well. Last hole was a 180 yd uphill par 3 to a back right pin. Hit a high cut pin high within 10 ft to putt for birdie! Made 4/4 sand saves with the help of Panda's (Freddie Kong) YouTube video and absolutely love these new Callaway Supersoft balls. Also my new Clicgear 3.5+ is amazing!

On a side note, the pictures from Arrowhead make the course look like they re-did some holes? It looks a lot better.

Last edited:
Posted this in the HHJJ thread too. Played one of the best 9 hole rounds @ Shadow Pines today after work, shot a 51 but felt like a low 40 round with all the chances I had at scoring well. Last hole was a 180 yd uphill par 3 to a back right pin. Hit a high cut pin high within 10 ft to putt for birdie! Made 4/4 sand saves with the help of Panda's (Freddie Kong) YouTube video and absolutely love these new Callaway Supersoft balls. Also my new Clicgear 3.5+ is amazing!

On a side note, the pictures from Arrowhead make the course look like they re-did some holes? It looks a lot better.

How do you like shadow pines? My league meeting was there and our first round was supposed to be there but it was too cold.

How do you like shadow pines? My league meeting was there and our first round was supposed to be there but it was too cold.

I originally grew up on the west side playing a lot of the courses by the lake and in Spencerport. That being said I have lived in Penfield going on 4 years and really like Shadow Lake/Shadow Pines/Greystone.
Shadow Pines is more difficult than Shadow Lake with a lot more severe elevation changes, but I find that to be fun IMO. The front 9 is less difficult than the back 9, the back is very hilly with more hazards.
You need a lot of well struck longer shots to navigate around that course. When I was there yesterday the course was in great condition, no real soggy/muddy spots. It was refreshing compared to the slop fest I dealt with at Braemar a few weeks ago.

Not sure when you were there last but I don't know of them modifying any holes since I've been playing it. The course has a great layout IMO. Ever want to get out for a round there, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back