Big Bertha Alpha Driver Review

I have done a few reshafts using the same adapter, I just buy the ferrules off of eBay, you can get 4 for 8 dollars. You have to take the bottom of the adapter off and you can then pull like anything else. Just make sure that the plug at the bottom of the adapter doesn't come out, or epoxy will get into the hub for the screw.

I use a adaptor saver kit from golfworks. Best $8 I ever spent

It's probably in here somewhere but I didn't see it in my skim of the review. What might be the expected launch/spin differences between the Fubuki ZT and optional Tour Green and Blue in a stiff? I'm not adept enough to figure it out looking at dynamic bend charts etc... Thanks.

I tested the Fubuki ZT and ended up going with the Tour Green. I did not test the Tour Blue. The ZT felt softer, 1 -2 * higher launch, and about 400 rpm higher spin than the Tour Green for me. ZT also had wider dispersion for me. I have about 105 mph SS and launch about 14*. Love the Tour Green. I have it in my hybrids and BB 3 wood, as well.

Have a 10.5* on the way. Will report the results once I get it on the course. Side by side comparison with my 913.

It's probably in here somewhere but I didn't see it in my skim of the review. What might be the expected launch/spin differences between the Fubuki ZT and optional Tour Green and Blue in a stiff? I'm not adept enough to figure it out looking at dynamic bend charts etc... Thanks.

In terms of spin and LA I would say, going from lowest to highest, it would go Tour Green then Fubuki ZT then Tour Blue.

Now I could be wrong but I know for sure the Tour green will be low spin and low launch compared to the other two but it's more of a low spin mid launch shaft. The Fubuki and Tour Blue could be quite easily interchanged and you might see pretty similar results. If you are looking for a little more spin and higher launch try and get on a LM and see which works best for you.

I could be very wrong with my observations but that's how I see them. If anybody knows better feel free to correct me.

A ponder is starting, and I have questions. I normally play my R1 at 11.25 degrees, net 1-2 degrees closed. The closed face matters to me as one of my more common errors is leaving the face open. What is the effect on the Alpha's face angle if we adjust loft up to 11* or 12*?

If you add loft, it will close the face, you can also set it to draw as well.

I struggled a bit with squaring the face of the 9 degree set to 11. The 10.5 set to neutral worked better for me

Loft is adjusted in full degree increments?

I think I want to hit one of these.

I just flat out smoked the Alpha this afternoon. Wind was blowing around, but it was striking the Alpha really well, and everything seemed to just cut through the wind.

I legitimately hit a couple drives over 300 yards into the wind. I just shook my head when I saw where the ball was sitting. I won't mention the wind-aided ones. Touching on Internet Golfer levels of distance.

There's just an amazing level of confidence in this driver right now.

I legitimately hit a couple drives over 300 yards into the wind. I just shook my head when I saw where the ball was sitting. I won't mention the wind-aided ones. Touching on Internet Golfer levels of distance.

ATL75@Clive would approve! It's gotta be scary good for you Seth. Lower spin into wind=more distance! I found that out today as well.

So got my 10.5* Alpha yesterday. After cutting it down to 45" and throwing a fresh grip on it I took it over to the range and all i'm gonna say is WOW!!! First off as we all know the thing is PRETTY but the performance really surprised me. I was playing a 9.5* 913 D2 previously and the Alpha blows it away. Gave me the perfect launch, carried forever and the feel and sound is killer. Can't wait to get it out on the course. Will have to report back.

Core up or down? Which shaft?

stock fubuki and core up...may fool around with the core down but I doubt I'm going to have to

Played in a swat tourney today and hit the alpha with the black tie shaft in it for the first time. I got my piercing ball flight back and Bertha is long. Right now I'm seeing maybe 10 more yards.

She feels and sounds great too. Square contact is like butter!

Best thing is she seems forgiving as well. Like in most swat events my swing was loose at times trying to hammer a few bit when I had to hit a fairway I did so for the most part.

Obviously I need much more time with this combo before making a conclusion but I sure feel good about it.

Great stuff, sparks. Standard Bertha is obviously more forgiving, but the Alpha is faaaar from unforgiving. Cannot wait to tee it up tomorrow morning and watch the Alpha do its thing

I shifted the gravity core after the recommendation from the BFit, and my instructor. I visually I didn't see anything different really, I did pick up some spin, which put me in the 2800 range. Distance gain was very minimal though. I love to hit this driver. Just seems to go, and isn't really phased by lite to moderate winds.

First hole of my 9 hole round yesterday is a long straight par 5. With no warmup and straight into a 10-15mph wind I pulled my Alpha and hit a 328yd bomb right down the middle. I was a little surprised to be in that area of the fairway with the wind like it was. That was a new personal best on that hole. I also had two more personal bests on those particular holes in that round. Alpha is just a beast.

First hole of my 9 hole round yesterday is a long straight par 5. With no warmup and straight into a 10-15mph wind I pulled my Alpha and hit a 328yd bomb right down the middle. I was a little surprised to be in that area of the fairway with the wind like it was. That was a new personal best on that hole. I also had two more personal bests on those particular holes in that round. Alpha is just a beast.

That is a crazy drive. If we are paired together in the Gauntlet during alternate shot, you are driving. My best are usually 270-280.

Back