How many do you have? I'm still searching for my first...and to be honest...it's the only reason I still bowl. #thechase

Just have one. It is awesome feeling when you get it. I now want to chase 800 series. Had a 791 once, left a stone 8 pin in first ball in the 10th to cost me 800, that sucked.
You will get your 300.

I have never had a hole in one, that's on my chase list too

I agree but we have a team full of swing shift guys so I bowled just over half and love this rotation. I got my 300 1.5 years ago but I only bowling to drink beer and hang with the fellas.
That's a big part of it for me too. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends have stopped bowling for various reasons and there are only a few of us (the drinking crew) left.

Had my 3 & hole in 1. Im chasing a 8 & par for 18 then I'm good. Lol

That's a big part of it for me too. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends have stopped bowling for various reasons and there are only a few of us (the drinking crew) left.

I agree with what you said earlier, the season is to long. Need a 16 week season

Had my 3 & hole in 1. Im chasing a 8 & par for 18 then I'm good. Lol

I wonder what the numbers are for people that have had a 300 and a hole in one or a 800 and even par. The numbers are likely higher than I'd guess but still rather exclusive clubs.

Be interesting

I wonder what the numbers are for people that have had a 300 and a hole in one or a 800 and even par. The numbers are likely higher than I'd guess but still rather exclusive clubs.

I one 800 is very rare. I think I read somewhere that 3 percent on competitive bowlers will get an 800 and and around 30 percent get a 300

I've had a 300 and an 800, but never came to close to a hole in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade ya the H I 1 for the 800 ;)

Since I had just started in January and wasn't in any leagues I'm actually kinda itching to bowl again haha. Since the courses opened I haven't even thought about it for like a month but now it's cold and rainy I can't stop thinking about getting some games in

I one 800 is very rare. I think I read somewhere that 3 percent on competitive bowlers will get an 800 and and around 30 percent get a 300

800 is definitely the harder of the 2. However, with the advances in ball technology and oil patters, both have become much less difficult. Back in the days of rubber/plastic balls and lacquer lanes, you rarely saw either. Now in some centers, they have honor scores posted every night. I started bowling in a relatively easy center (Daytona Bowl in South Daytona, FL) and it was ridiculous how many honor scores we had each night. I shot my first 300 at 14 and got my first 800 when I was 19. When I was bowling in high school I would shoot about 100 games a week in that center and probably averaged 2-3 300 games a week there. The house shot was extremely easy, and the carry there was incredible. Now I have 5 800 series and too many 300 games to count. The 800 is much more coveted in my opinion. Tony Ruocco from bowlingball.com has a really nice multi 800 series ring. I never shot 2 in one season in the same league, but I think he had 4 that year.

You are correct, an easy league shot is a joke with new equipment. I am thinking of doing sport shot league next season, that's a whole different ball game.

You are correct, an easy league shot is a joke with new equipment. I am thinking of doing sport shot league next season, that's a whole different ball game.

I'd love to try that too, but none of the houses in my area offer this type of league.

Well crap looks like I need new balls.

There's no US open for the foreseeable future.

Also we bowled just good enough to be in the wild card for our league.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Nope, just have to fill the thumb hole

Come on, that give Rhyno a reason to get all new equipment!

From the mini-computer!

Last bowling night of the season tonight (thank god). Doubles & Singles, so 6 more chances at a 300!

just catching up on the thread, and the talk of the "accomplishments" between golf and bowling. I've got 3 300's, a hole in one, a couple rounds under par, but still no 800....that is on the chase list for next season!

just catching up on the thread, and the talk of the "accomplishments" between golf and bowling. I've got 3 300's, a hole in one, a couple rounds under par, but still no 800....that is on the chase list for next season!

Helluva list!!!

Helluva list!!!

i do have to add though that the 2 rounds under par were both 70's on the dot....so i guess i'm still looking to break 70 as well.....tough tasks this year :)

I would take a round of 70 and trade all 5 of my 800's. Lol. Breaking out my left handed ball for a Junior Achievement charity bowl-a-thon this Friday. Haven't really bowled since I left bowlingball.com 2 years ago, so this should be fun. Only a couple people at my current job (outside of the bowling industry) even know I used to bowl. One of them being my father in law. He is the one that suckered me in to this.

As for the balance hole rule, that is how it was supposed to be used from the beginning. The 2 handed guys got away with a loophole stating that they "can" utilize the hole for gripping purposes. Which in turn morphed in to this weird rule where they had to cover the whole during the throw. As everything else in the rule book, it was open to interpretation and eventually had to be clarified because people were taking advantage of it. Funny thing is though, the USBC has been talking about lifting the static weight rule since they took over from ABC/WIBC. There are still ball drillers out there that think altering static weights have some huge effect on the balls performance. When in all actuality, most of the effect is coming from altering the core dynamics causing the ball to flare more or less.

All in all I feel as though competitive bowling is dying off a slow death. Unless someone can come in and make it cool again, the PBA will soon follow.

Interesting that the Colbert Report contacted Jason Belmonte and asked about the cancelation of the 2015 us open, and all foreseeable us opens.

Anyways, tonight is the last night, championship round, we snuck in as underdogs in a way. But we have as good a chance as any.

Back