Thedoswells

Reaction score
Handicap
GST 12.0
I was watching a video the other day (Rick Shiels golf) which had a bit of fun around golf keepy ups. I had a go with my lob wedge in the garden not having tried this before.
i was a bit disappointed that after a few goes I could only manage about 30 to 40, and didn't feel that in control.
is this a useful routine to work at, or just a bit of fun?
i also noticed another video of Rory Mcilroy as a 9yo doing it effortlessly, between his legs etc.
o well, best not compare

I don't see how it's useful in any way, having said that I suck at it haha I barely get 10

I don't see how it's useful in any way, having said that I suck at it haha I barely get 10

Thanks, just wondered if it might help with your coordination.
cheers

I don't see how it's useful in any way

No ranges where I grew up, you took a bag of balls to the practice area, hit them, them went and picked them up. Flick up with a wedge then a second hit into the open bag in the other hand. Very useful skill :D

I still do it today to pick up a ball if I've been practicing wedges.

Haven't gone for a record in ages but was near the 50 mark 30 years ago...

No ranges where I grew up, you took a bag of balls to the practice area, hit them, them went and picked them up. Flick up with a wedge then a second hit into the open bag in the other hand. Very useful skill :D

I still do it today to pick up a ball if I've been practicing wedges.

Haven't gone for a record in ages but was near the 50 mark 30 years ago...

Haha well yeah for picking your ball up but I meant for making you a better golfer. He was talking about coordination

Back