Gulby

#SemiPro
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.9
Hey Guys!

So I bought a Callaway Big Bertha a month ago, and have since noticed the paint is starting to chip away on the underside of the club. This is the 2nd Bertha I have had, as I had the same thing happen previously. So I am thinking of heading a different direction, thinking of checking out the SLDR, X2Hot, 913D3. Has anyone gone through the same issue with the driver, and any recommendations on picking another?

Thanks a lot!

Does the Bertha perform better for you than those other clubs? If it does, I wouldn't change simply because of cosmetic issues on the sole of the club

I'd play what I hit best. If I hit a driver well enough cosmetic stuff wouldn't bother me. Those are all nice drivers though. I hit the X2hot better than the 913, I like the feel of it better. I haven't tried the SLDR.

I had a small piece of the silver area chip off, probably from a tee. Does it affect performance? No way in heck. I don't think I would change a driver that was working for me because of something like that.

I can't recommend anyone switch away from the Bertha, especially over paint on the sole.

If you feel you must I love the Titleist 910/913 and the Cobra offerings, don't overlook Cobra IMO.

I just don't like the fact that I have already gone through 1, and this one is peeling away after one use.

I will fit them tonight and see if I like the Bertha better.

Just grabbed another Bertha!

If you are interested in TaylorMade, I've heard on here that the R1 is a lot more forgiving than the SLDR.

Back