RocketGolf

Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
My backyard range is working out great. Wish I had done this years ago. I have a 5 acre (or so) field next to my house so I stuck several PVC pipes in the ground at perfect distances for my wedges and short irons: 70, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 140.

I have been able to hit about 100 balls a day (on the nice days) and it sure is helping. I can hit all the way down to 8 iron.

Here is a picture of my hitting location. I have to hit over the fence and between the barn and a few trees. Depending on the starting angle, I can hit to any of the 6 pin locations.
photo7small.jpg

Here is a picture from the other side of the fence.
photo1small.jpg

and here is a close up of the 70 yard location.
photo2small.jpg

here is a view down the line of the 70, 110 and 140 locations.
photo3small.jpg

That is sweet.

Thats pretty cool, I wish I had a field to do this with!

great thing there. Now just pop in a lemonade stand and start charging admission :)

Nice setup! I had something similar a few years ago but with hay bales instead of pvc. They ended up plowing the field and planting soy so I lost my range.

Nice set up, makes me want to move away from the city. And all practice areas and courses are atleast 30 minutes from me. Short game practice area like this would be key for lower scores.

Very nice set up! Wish I had the land to do it.

Nice little set up ya got there. Makes me a bit jealous!!

Only the lucky ones get to live away from the cities. wish i could do this, but as i would be hitting into cars, i dont believe the police would like me very much :shock:

That is pretty darn sweet. Nice little setup.

That is awesome!

Awesome set up. My wife and I are house hunting and part of me wants to get some land so I can do something like this!

That's my lottery dream house.

Very nice. I have a winter "driving range" with flags out to 250 yds. Its closed now, need to grow hay for the cows. When its open I hit 150 balls a day. Sure helps dial in the swing. Have fun!

Backyard Range

Awesome set up. Makes me jealous and a bit irritated that I didn't push the wife harder on more acreage than we went for. Practice on my friend!

Last edited:
Very cool setup!!

Nice backyard setup. My parents have a farm behind their house. The farmer used to let me hit balls into it as long as there were no cows in the way.

You've got a good thing going. I have no doubt it has transitioned well onto the golf course.

Nice setup, now if you could get someone to go fetch the balls you would have it made !!!

That is a excellent setup

Wow... what a sweet setup. Here I am practicing in my cramped basement like a sucker and you're living the good life!

Back