What is the most difficult shot in golf?

For me it seems to be the tee on holes that I always seem to hit bad drives on. You mentioned the re tee after an OB shot, that could very well be the toughest, so easy to step right up and hit an identical bad shot.

This. There's just some holes that have crept into my subconscious and are picketing for me to fail. I've been slowly fighting back and now one of those holes at my favorite local course is less of an issue. Still have two of them at my league course to tame though.

Fairway bunkers take second for me. Especially the ones with soft sand.

Anything over 190 with a forced carry. I have the distance, I just hate being forced to carry a potentially round killing hazard.

Being the last to tee off after the first three people in your group bombed it down the middle of the fairway.

All of them :act-up: but really, the 30-40 yard bunker shot

The 1st tee at #THPMC

I was gonna say the first shot where there is a crowd watching you! I can't imagine playing in a Pro-Am with a crowd to see me eff it up!

For me, without question the hardest shot for me to execute is a long approach shot off an UNEVEN lie - ball above or below my feet. I'm absolutely awful at these shots ...

Any long forced carry, say 170+...off the deck.

The partial wedge over trouble with the pin short sided. Sometimes you can chip to a wide spot on the green, but you can still be left with a long putt.

5W off the tee at the moment for me, but I think the most difficult shot after that is a 40yd or so bunker shot

The next shot

Long Bunker shot near the green.....fairway bunkers are fine...just pick it clean.....but the 30 yard bunker shot is tough.

The toughest one I have regularly is the 205 - 225 yard tee shot over water on the par 3 15th hole at my home course. anything 5 yards right or 5 yards short of the green is wet and there is not much depth to the green so normally if you hit it 190 on the fly off the middle tees you are wet. The carry to be dry off the back tees is 205. If I have a good round going I will sometimes play it 20 yards left and short of the green in the rough and take my chances with chipping it up. It's easily my highest scoring hole.

Any shot with a cruddy lie on undulating ground where the ball is either above or below your feet. Or over a hazard like a bunker onto the green with the pin placement close to the bunker and downhill not giving you much green to work with. Can I get up and down? Yeah but it can be a challenge at times......especially due to the lie I can't get my ball to fully check.

Downhill lie chip shots around the green. Very hard to get the ball up in the air enough to stop it.

40-60yard bunker shot going into the green.

The shot immediately after a particularly great off the tee shot. It never fails ... I will hit a great tee shot and follow it up with a topped ball. Nothing discourages me more than that. When it happens on the first hole ... oh boy!

Downhill lies, long par 3s, and sand are all tough for me.

As of now, for me its any drive. i cant seem to get it where i want it to go and all it does is goe to the right(im Left handed). every once in a while i get a good one, but theyre very few and far between

Fairway bunkers with hard sand for me. The waste areas at true blue gave me some issues.

Funny Buck.. I hate fairway Bunkers that are more like a greenside bunker - seems like the ball always sits down in the trail it rolled into on. A firm fairway bunker is great - but I haven't seem them as much as I used to.

I would have to say a bunker shot over 130 yards. Only have faced this shot a couple times.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

downslope bunker shot...rarely can get the ball up enough. the play-thru is also tough..

Fairway bunker for me....especially on a par 4 when I need to hit it near the green to have a shot at a par. I've never had much luck with them.

Flop shot off of a firm lie!

Pitch to elevated green from tight lie (barely any grass). Followed closely by greenside sand shot from trap with hardpacked dirt.

Back