Whats the Most Fun You've Ever Had Golfing?

I have had a great time with 99% of the time spent golfing. The day that stands out was from about 5 or 6 years ago. I played a nice charity scramble with my boss in the morning at a local country club. Met a couple of former NFL players, lots of freebies, good food.

Then I joined three of my best friends for an afternoon round. Highschool buddies who are scattered around the country now. We had fun and I played pretty well. Even chipped in for eagle on my 34th hole of the day, after flying over the green and hitting the comebacker in the cup.

Good times.

I've had 6 rounds with THPers. Those six rank pretty highly.

The Grandaddy, no doubt!

Second would be on the 4th of July YEARS back. I played with one of my brothers, my Mom and Dad at Forest Acres, Michigan State's course. Great day on my favorite course!

I have a few. One is what me and my buddies call the milkshake open. Last year for my bday/bachelor party. 90 holes in 3 days!

Last year I was In Vegas with Vegan 702 and then we came to the gauntlet. Was just a great weekend even when JB and War smoked me and Troyefl. #Room222forLife!

Has to be any of the 10 golf trips I took with my best friend. Sadly, we will miss celebrating his seventh 42nd birthday this year.
Great times. Can't write this without a wry smile on my face.

Last edited:
Two rounds are tied for first for me. The first was playing in a local fundraising event that was sort of a local celebrity/pro-am 5 person scramble. My group was paired with a local guy Dan Boever who is a former long drive champion and is now a traveling 'golf entertainer' doing trick shot shows around the country for various events. We had a ton of fun playing in that even though we shot very poorly. This guy was hitting driver on 200 yard par 3's by aiming 90º left and slicing the ball, and he hit the green both times.

The second was a Nationwide pro-am playing with Dicky Pride. Most guys in those are quiet and reserved, but not Dicky. He made sure we got our money's worth. He was just one of the guys busting on us every chance he got, and didn't mind when we gave it back to him.

Every THP outing fall into the top list for sure, as well as playing with them locally. I would have to add in the first round I played with my GF, it was so relaxing and she did great. She had a great time and did well, so much in fact that she is joining me today to play a tough course. Could be interesting.

#theking 2014. Incredible fun with a great group of THPers and #zoocrew members from :callaway:

I haven't had a THP outing yet so the most fun/memorable round was last summer I played in a scramble tournament that basically was a potheads for multiple sclerosis fundraiser tournament in Denver. Was the craziest thing I'd ever seen. Not only did the cart girls have beer for days, they also had bags of fresh rolled that they were handing out as well. I've never seen anything like it. The whole course was engulfed in a cloud of smoke. Just to see something like that was truly incredible. I can't say I ever thought I would see that, that's for sure.

The old course at St. Andrews... Not the best course, but great history... My dad sank about an 80 foot putt on the 18th with loads of tourists watching...

Every year I play in a 4th of July scramble in the town I grew up in, always nice to catch up with old friends and have a few cold ones. We end up partying the whole weekend!

#TheKing. The first 18 holes played with Shane, Ryan, and Robby were impossible to forget, such a great time.

Took a trip to Doral a few years ago with my old man, played the Blue Monster 3 times along with the Great White and the Red course. Best time I have had golfing by FAR. Have not had the chance to play with any THPers yet, but I'm working on it!

I've been blessed with a lot of enjoyable rounds during my life, but for pure, unbridled fun, its got to be when I played golf on Caddie's Days as a youngster. I remember meeting my buddies at the course around 7:00 am, and playing all the golf we could, until our moms came to pick us up at dark. We could get in 54 holes easy! We never got tired, had no aches and pains, and golf was still a new passion to each of us. 50+ years later and I still remember.

Last edited:
Dad and I play a two ball scramble now and then on empty course (each get two shots at every location and take best) Just so much fun out there. Shot under par and just loved every minute of it.

Any of my rounds with my fellow THP'ers. Especially GolferGal, KellyBo, and Mrs. Golf4Life. So much fun no one cares how they golf. Sorry boys I don't have many other females to golf with so I treasure these rounds.

THP Dallas event last year, nothing has come close to that not even shooting my personal best shortly after that compared to the event.

A few years ago at Grand Cypress for the THP demo day/outing. It was a freaking blast.

A few years ago at Grand Cypress for the THP demo day/outing. It was a freaking blast.

it probably was the company you kept that weekend.... except mike dean

Last years outing, round with JB, Howzat, and G4L. My God that was a hilarious round.

Always have a blast playing with THPers and friends, but one round that was really hilarious was with Mitch, Rob, and Darren at Twisted Dune last may

The most fun I've had was when a friend topped a 9 iron off the tee on a 120 yard par three and turned away in disgust as we all watched it roll up and trickle one. It tracked all the way to the back pin placement and broke left just dieing as it dropped in for his first ever ace! He went nuts, we all went nuts. I love the notional roller coaster that this game takes us on.

THP event in Vegas for sure. Couldn't have asked for a better teammate that weekend.

#TheKing

Back