DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potomac Ridge is not out of my limits.... Heck I drove to Pinehurst and back in a single day for a round. So that's easy.

We need to make this happen soon. I do know Wahoo has an anniversary coming up and if he hopes to see the next one he'll be unavailable that weekend. Ha

BTW: Wahoo...you're much to kind. I don't think everyone shares your view though :)

Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Potomac Ridge is not out of my limits.... Heck I drove to Pinehurst and back in a single day for a round. So that's easy.

We need to make this happen soon. I do know Wahoo has an anniversary coming up and if he hopes to see the next one he'll be unavailable that weekend. Ha

BTW: Wahoo...you're much to kind. I don't think everyone shares your view though :)

CAA_Beat:

You have a good memory. My anniversary was last week, so I'm home free for another year. Yea, the best way to never forget your anniversary is to forget it once. Looking forward to some golf with you. Let's get together with tbanks and "get er done" (said in my best hillbilly voice")

CAA_Beat:

You have a good memory. My anniversary was last week, so I'm home free for another year. Yea, the best way to never forget your anniversary is to forget it once. Looking forward to some golf with you. Let's get together with tbanks and "get er done" (said in my best hillbilly voice")

Ok I'll check with the boss and see what duty free weekend I might have coming up. She knows I just received my new irons today. So certainly she would not want them to sit unused too long.

Can any of you guys recommend a good short game clinic or coach in the area? Been eyeballing the Kingsmill clinic but want to see what's a little closer to home first.

I know it's a trek but Damon Lucas at Lake Presidential is by far the best coach/instructor I had worked with. I have also heard very good things from the female pro at Stonewall in Gainesville, can't remember her name.

Greendale for me on Sunday at 2. I think we have one spot open if interested?

I'll be fishing in the Bay this weekend and playing Hobbs Hole in Tappahannock on Sunday

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Played Pinecrest today after work and shot 41 really happy with the way I played. No reason I shouldn't shot that or better every time out there. Feeling ready for Sundays round.

View from the 5th tee box

a7uzugyt.jpg

Great day to be out there

Nicely done!

Greendale for me tomorrow. When and where are people playing this weekend?

Playing my club tomorrow morning, Heritage Hunt in Gainesville. I need to get as much golf in before summer, once school is out I do nothing but work.

Playing my club tomorrow morning, Heritage Hunt in Gainesville. I need to get as much golf in before summer, once school is out I do nothing but work.

I hear ya man basically the exact opposite of me. We will meet up one of these weekends though.

I hear ya man basically the exact opposite of me. We will meet up one of these weekends though.

Yeah, I have no life in the summer. But I am across the street from Pinecrest for the next couple years, renovating TJ.

Yeah, I have no life in the summer. But I am across the street from Pinecrest for the next couple years, renovating TJ.

Nice shoot me a PM and let me know when you are there and we could grab a beer one of these days

Will do, one day I will drive my truck in and bring my clubs. We can play 9 and knock a few back.

Will do, one day I will drive my truck in and bring my clubs. We can play 9 and knock a few back.

Now that's a plan. Good stuff man. Take it easy

I know it's a trek but Damon Lucas at Lake Presidential is by far the best coach/instructor I had worked with. I have also heard very good things from the female pro at Stonewall in Gainesville, can't remember her name.

I would second Damon! Tim Brown, who also works out of there at times, is very good as well.

Playing Pohick Bay Thursday afternoon .... 1:30 possibly one spot available. Gonna be too nice to be at work! Let me know

Playing Pohick Bay Thursday afternoon .... 1:30 possibly one spot available. Gonna be too nice to be at work! Let me know

Oh man I wish. In about a month I could definitely do some of these mid week rounds

I played Pohick on Saturday. It is in good shape.

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Potomac Shores in Woodbridge opened up on Monday and I played a round on Tuesday. It is an excellent layout in wonderful condition on par with Laurel Hill, Old Hickory, Rasberry Falls, and Lake Presidential. You have to use every club in your bag for sure. Almost every approach shot is downhill or elevated. Greens are fast with enough undulations to make them challenging. A lot of bunkers. Overall a very fun course. I am playing again on Friday.

Heads-up....the green fee prices jump about $30 a round on May 16.

Erika Larkin is at Stonewall. I took an Aimpoint lesson with her. She is legit. Very good at communicating what you need to be doing in understandable terms. They use a flightscope for their outdoor lessons.

Potomac Shores in Woodbridge opened up on Monday and I played a round on Tuesday. It is an excellent layout in wonderful condition on par with Laurel Hill, Old Hickory, Rasberry Falls, and Lake Presidential. You have to use every club in your bag for sure. Almost every approach shot is downhill or elevated. Greens are fast with enough undulations to make them challenging. A lot of bunkers. Overall a very fun course. I am playing again on Friday.

Man - I am tempted to sneak out there tomorrow to see if I can get on as a single.. just too long a ride to take a chance like that - plus weather will be iffy at best! Saw Raspberry Falls has tee times tomorrow morning for 80.00... hmm...!

I would rather pay the $80 for the new course before it goes up in price.

Stupid question, but I take it all the spring maintenance was done before the course opened right? You didn't putt on aerated greens or anything right?

Need some help. My dad would like to do a full fitting for a new set of clubs. For the longest time he made his own through Golfsmith but he's interested in Adams right now. He lives in Fairfax Station. Where is the best place he could go in the area? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back